City of the Week - Los Angeles - Week 2

truckersmp-logo.png

Week 2 - 25.04.16 to 01.05.16

What is City of the Week?

City of the Week is a series of official discussion topics about a particular city, created to spark interaction and discussion with the community. Anything related to the city is allowed in these topics, such as problems, opinions, requests to other players, events, and more.

Next City of the Week: Oxnard

Los Angeles

Los Angeles is a sprawling southern Californian city famed as the center of the nations Film & Television industry. Situated along the beautiful west coast of America, Los Angeles makes for a nice combination of city and scenic driving if you catch it at the right time. The city is separated through highways and single carriageway roads making it the perfect combination for cruising and challenging roads. 

• What do you like about Los Angeles?
  • What do you dislike?
  • How do other players behave?
  • What can other players do to improve the city?

Remember that you can also post anything related to the city - discussions, questions, advertising for convoys, etc.

City of the Week Archive

• Upvote 2

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

Like: Upon first days of ATSMP release, I saw trolls teleport to LA garage, drive on to Oxnard, and dance hard on the mountains. I followed them and it was tons of fun.

Dislike: Very little beach & Too empty.

Behave: What are "other players"?

Improve: If we want real-life simulation, we need to make LA into the Rdam of ATSMP. Also SF, Sac, and all cities along i5 and i80.

It should look like this!

ap100526087166_wide-bbe13c129418d512188b

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

I don't know much about Cali,  however it is quite a beautiful city to drive through and explore.  The scenery is beautiful but seeing as I've heard that Cali is known for it's busy streets then I agree with @MasterFabithat the traffic is not so realistic. The only think I can ever hope for is that players respect each other and each other's space and play by city and server rules. 

Trucking in multiplayer and helping others where I can. 

In game rules.

• It's really big comparing to the cities in ets2
  • What do you dislike?
  • It's too empty with 200 players on the server
  • Xxxx
  • Stop on the red light 

I miss the times with full ats server9F7AC849EB037B18C65182090E0D6A477E3D636E

• Upvote 1

I enjoy the views

Could be a bit more detail as well as others traffic, it's LA.

Just like any other place, there are good and bad drivers.

Obey traffic laws, stop running reds, and join in mini convoys.

I am here to help, I hope I helped in some sort of way.

Come check out my Youtube channel, post videos every 2 days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwBdDxIYboOD73dPPZ8SAQ

• Everything, pretty much
  • What do you dislike?
  • The unrealistically small amount of traffic and the lag, in SP or MP
  • OK, I guess. But one night I was driving down the Interstate 5 southbound near the Northern Blvd exit and a wrong way driver smashed into me and totaled my truck.
  • Make it their home so it can have more traffic to be more realistic.

5406439487.png

Nah I think they are referring to how everyone ran away due to lack of content...

Same people scratch their heads in confusion as to why scs didn't release stuff for ats...

Simple logic really:

Ats - one hit wonder. May see a bounce of pop in players once updated, may not

Ets2: constant player base.

Which would you release a dlc for first? The unstable user count or the constant one?

Now get back on atsmp!

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Nice one Ashley,  

but I just love the tall buildings and different businesses there.  The only thing lacking is, I think scs show increase the amount of traffic and (of course) change the length of lights to be more realistic because as of now if you are let's say the 3rd or 4th vehicle from the traffic light,  it is bound to turn red on yiu again in like 15 seconds.

Trucking in multiplayer and helping others where I can. 

In game rules.

^

Yeah, I do think they have underestimated the traffic count parameters for the city and it could be improved a-lot, but based on the current traffic flows the traffic lights are fine. Yes, they could be more realistic but there is no need as it stands.

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

What do you like about Los Angeles?

The palm trees and the sprawled out city feel and buildings

What do you dislike?

The roads look similar in many other cities in the game. No center left turn lane like in real life. Not enough traffic on the ATSMP servers because of how repetitive ATS has become with only 2 states and 3 trucks :(

How do other players behave?

Like usual. It also depends on how busy it is. The busier, the worse the people as more people are in rush and cause more jams and chaos only to further create more jams.

What can other players do to improve the city?

Follow the rules and obey the traffic lights. Visit the city often so that it isn't empty :P 

cnuk.jpgUP VOTE PLEASE :) 

• HumaneWolf locked this topic
  • Guest unpinned this topic