ATSMP Company Truck Skins

John_24

Hi guys, 

I was just wondering if it is possible for trucking companies to have their own company truck skins/schemes in ATSMP? I think it would be totally awesome to see actual company trucks (from VTC groups) driving around the new states instead of having having to display companies via name tags. 

What do yiu guys think of this? 

Trucking in multiplayer and helping others where I can. 

In game rules.

To do this, everyone would have to download the skins otherwise the game will crash because the game is trying to find something that doesn't exist. The problem with downloading skins is that the mod file will become too big and not everyone would want to download the big file.

Think of Minecraft, you upload your skin (we could do that), you then go in game and the game downloads yours and other people's skin from their servers (we cannot do that).

Back to MP, so you either download the skins in bulk or download as you go (which would require a lot of work from devs and may not even work because of the way the mod works) and may cause lag to users whilst downloading skins which they most likely will only ever see once.

Hope I helped.

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

Ahh, actually that makes sense when it is explained.  Thanks guys for the in sight,  just thought it would be an awesome idea. Maybe then something like having a fixed name tag for that company if it meets all of the requirements to be official maybe? 

That would be cool as well. 

Trucking in multiplayer and helping others where I can. 

In game rules.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be extremely cool to see all them company trucks passing along with their custom livery I agree. I'd personally love to see my employee's going around with my company livery. Unfortunately, all we got to use is name tags. Which I don't mind because the character limited is just enough to let me put my website url and my rank in.

PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition

Memory: 16GB DDR3 G SKILL 1600mhz

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (2GB)

Mobo: MSI H81M-P33

Case: Antec VSK3000E

Power Supply: EVGA 500w 80+

HDD: (3x) 1TB Western Digital

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic

Archived