ATSMP or ETS2MP Server with fewer (or none) "non-collision" areas

jonathanrabbitt

I've been on both ATSMP and ETS2MP servers, and one thing I note is the difficulty working in crowded pickup and delivery points.  I wonder whether a server of either flavor (or of each) which only had non-collision zones at each of the garages, leaving everywhere else to be collision-possible (for want of a term).

Obviously, some queues would form and some etiquette would be needed to deal with both entry and exit to the pickup/delivery locations and to resolve ham-fisted backing attempts.  There would also have to be etiquette regarding respawning from saved games (like not spawning inside possibly crowded locations).

I know I said "etiquette" in the context of multiplayer, but please humor me...

What do others think? Would additional collision risk increase courtesy or reduce it? Would it make the game-play more or less enjoyable?

Already suggested/rejected

Funny part is WOT contracts still don't work and except the port most players wait for you to park (tho the sf port can easily get backlogged up to the light :D )

Imo

can't drive? Get banned

can't be bothered to check before spawning a trailer¿ Get banned

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

This is what will happen without the non-collision zonse every single time when there are 2+ players in a company:

Spoiler

vNdNKvK.jpg

iXmsgN0.jpg

HumTrBo.jpg

BaIcE0j.jpg

AmYl9xS.jpg

CbGujau.jpg

51uJNuP.jpg

Problem is not how you will deliver a trailer without a non-collision zone - The problem is how will you even get the trailer

Some will say " i'll start the job and rescue to service"

Yyyyy...Nope - Wrong anwer, because this will happen:

Spoiler

AB14Pid.jpg

j2Dbxcg.jpg

Using a ferry will end up like this:

Spoiler

chGN0Pv.jpg

gGRwixI.jpg

uIBtUox.jpg

^Well, I remember something from around September 2014. If you had bad luck, you had to wait about 30 minutes or longer, especially during peak times, to unload you cargo at a company

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

no way will this ever work, especially if you get more than 3 people in one company/area at any given time, all youll get is a lot more frustrated drivers, more physics.exe failures and more people annoyed and angry on the forums complaining about how they cant even pick up a trailer without being 100% damaged. all I will say is that all you need to be is PATIENT when picking up and dropping off, most just barrel into the yards at full speed and expect no one to be there, which causes glitches and frustration, but removing NCZ aren't the way to go, neither is expanding NCZs, all it would lead to is more issues and more fuel for trolls to go mad with and start causing issues.

People just need too look.... If you can't be bothered to look you deserve a ban...

That's why ats with ncz for ports (none yet) garages and repair spots and nothing else would of been a better option to start off with, because it was new...

But nope devs had to cater to the lesser intelligent... And no they ain't really "lesser intelligent" they just lazy, and whiny when they don't get their way...

GG... Scandinavia upon release only issues I had was getting in (not knowing it was all cz) and pushing a truck to hell (his fault for idling). The other was one flying trailer because some dumb noob couldn't be bothered to look...

And I incidentally got squished partially by a trailer...

I actually saw more flying objects during the 4k user server over Scandinavia cz issue :D

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Just a couple of comments on the "can't be done" responses.  More than likely this is a (much) longer-term game play improvement.  But I'm going to put it out there.

Jobs could be scheduled and managed by the server to keep the congestion to a manageable level and to avoid spawning trailers on top of trailers.  This might be where the WoT contract setup could work.  Each job could have a time window for delivery, with a few slots kept available for late or early deliveries, but incurring penalties.

Convoy management could be integrated so that a convoy leader could initiate/propose a convoy for X number of players traveling from origin A to destination B and invite players to join.  Then the server could set up to make sure there were sufficient jobs and departure/delivery slots available at both ends to accommodate.  There could be also be an option to assign a meetup time and location as part of the convoy setup.  This way, convoy players could obtain jobs from a number of sources nearby and meet for the convoy travel.

The issue with ferries could be easily solved by moving the arrival spawn point to a location away from the departure point.  The server would know if the arrival spawn point was clear and prevent (or delay) a departure to manage the space.  Obviously this would require some cooperation with SCS, but relocating the arrival spawn point would enhance the single-player game in preparation for the rumored LAN multiplayer.

On the subject of collisions, I think the game needs some kind of more sustained risk-reward system/consequence for collisions.  Perhaps some kind of demerit point scheme based on collision energy/speed which progressively limits the top speed of the truck as a player accumulates more demerit points.  It could be moderated also so players causing collisions at low speed by failing to give way could be also penalized by a manual assignment of demerit points.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic

Archived