Flares

S2020

I don't know why SCS never considered doing a simple touch but, "single file" = "flare.dds" can achieve so much in visibility.... Especially looking from your mirror...  These lights are large for objects far like IRL

Suggestion Name: Simple Flare.DDS addition for better viewing of other truckers
Suggestion Description: Addition of a flare DDS which is "mipmap edited" which makes flares of far trucks better, similiar to IRL implementation of what "headlights" supposed to do.

Any example images: 

DQJ4vcc.jpg

Why should it be added? It is really hard to see other trucks , both in SCS game or winter mod. That's because SCS looked for better view rather than functionality which becomes vitally important for multiplayer. Especially in dark of the night, you barely see other trucks from your mirror until they are so close, this is to prevent all the accidental ramming etc. This is best flare.dds I could find as "functionality" , works for vanilla game and does what it says. Also tail lights , breaks SHINE in the dark even for far trucks.  Original topic is here: Original Topic from SCS forums: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=96962

• Upvote 1

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

I have absolutely no problems seeing traffic approach from behind during night hours. Sometimes it's a little bit harder because not all players driver with their lights on 24/7.

I'm actually one of the few drivers that actually adhere to the local speed limit, so I get overtaken on a regular basis.

I assume that in the ETS2 graphics settings you have set 'Mirror distance' to Ultra, 'Mirror quality' to high and 'Mirror Resolution' to High. 

Just to be sure, have you checked you're brightness settings and (color) calibrated you're monitor?

So I vote 'no' to this mod, but I would support a change that always turns the lights on for all trucks..

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.