Damage Insurnce?

kidxrated

I was just cut off by a random guy in the us server and I was hauling presents to try to get  my skin unlocked,  Then he had a ping of 120 then while cutting me off he gets in front of me and stop on a dime and i rear end him leaving me to pay for damages he caued to me. I lost my gift tralier so I tihnk those guys should have to fix my truck and then some? Where is the insurrence how can we make them pay also I was reporting him and the game exited I think his company was [LT] cutting me of and bad mouth me was crazy i am not too impressed we need to make them pay like real life.

To start in germany is very simple. Start ETS2 in single player mode and load up your MultiPlayer profile. Open console, type 'goto frankfurt' line up the camera (using mouse + 8 key in keypad) and press F9. 

Now save by exiting the game. Now start ETS2MP and your start when you end your previous ETS2 session. 

Note that ETS2 itself does not know anything about multiplayer functionality. All the other players are just represented as 'AI traffic' which locations are updated frequently. That is why is lag is causing jumping and trusting of trucks. 

If you have a trailer attached when you exit the game. Do not wait to long to reconnect again as the keeps ticking on the server side. Meaning that if you reconnect, you time will jump forward which in some cases can cause too late deliveries.

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

First thing that came to mind was GTA5. Where, when a player destroys your vehicle, they have to pay for it. So if a played rammed you and done over 50% damage, they would be charged to repair it. The trouble is, is how can the game recognize who rammed who?

• Upvote 1

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

z_siteimages%5Cimg_2074_1395921187_826_2

4601768346.png

I was just cut off by a random guy in the us server and I was hauling presents to try to get  my skin unlocked,  Then he had a ping of 120 then while cutting me off he gets in front of me and stop on a dime and i rear end him leaving me to pay for damages he caued to me. I lost my gift tralier so I tihnk those guys should have to fix my truck and then some? Where is the insurrence how can we make them pay also I was reporting him and the game exited I think his company was [LT] cutting me of and bad mouth me was crazy i am not too impressed we need to make them pay like real life.

Unfortunately what you experienced there is most probably caused by lagg / desync. The player who overtook you most likely thought he just passed you already while in your screen he is right next to you. This seems to happen a lot where people don't take extra distance into account for desync when overtaking. This in the end combined with rubberbanding where his/her truck seem to be right in front of you stopped and next thing you know it jumps forward 50 feet (or more!) again, leaving you with damages.

The issue with desync is known, so as a suggestion and/or bug report I think this is redundant at this moment on this topic. Also please read the first post of this subforum, you will find a nice format for suggestions they want us to use :)

All I can advise at this point is to keep a good eye on your mirrors! If someone is overtaking you and already starts to move into your lane before passing you, just move to the hard shoulder if there is one and hit the breaks and the hazard lighst key. 

@learvlieg, it is actually a ton of work to overtake somebody. They just drive 90km/ph, people are too stupid to take some distance... It's just the truth. You see it in all the games, some who think they can own the game...

yeah definately is a ton of work. Personally I usually stay behind people as I find the speed differences too small to bother. Will take me from the dutch/german border till freaking poland just to overtake 1 truck :P

When I'm the one being overtaken, I don't mind slowing down a bit speeding up the process. It doesn't happen that much on EU1 anyway unless I get in my Iveco, Renault or DAF usually.