Brown trouser moments

james143611

Hello all,

Has anyone got any "brown trouser moments", i.e very close shaves they've done? I'm sure we have all made a mistake and nearly caused a crash!

A couple I can think of that's happened to me:

1) I was in Sweden I think, anyway I was on the single carriageway chord that linked up with what I thought was some form of 2 lane freeway, and I thought it was one of those that formed the outside lane, turns out it joins onto a single carriage lane.

Unfortunately I was approaching the road at speed not thinking I had to stop, and I noticed a blue dot on my minimap of someone going the same way who was on this road. As I got to the junction, I noticed the dotted lines and the triangle....Oh pants I'm supposed to stop, and I'm practically on top of this junction at 50mph, and I ALMOST got nailed out by the lorry coming up the road, he rightfully honked the horn, and I yanked my wheel to the right onto the hard shoulder, which thankfully was there for me to bail out onto!

That was close, he/she didn't say anything in the messages but I did apologize.

2) Same sort of junction, this time I knew it was a give way junction. So I slowed down for it, noticed in my mirror there was nothing coming, got to the junction, checked again and the minimap showed nothing, so I went. Well, there was a problem. I use a G25 wheel with manual transmission and I use the sequential box. I forgot I was still in the high range, so I thought I was pulling out in 2nd but I was in 8th, cue me chugging out onto the motorway, then I frantically shifted down to 7th then was flapping about trying to find the lower gears. I was half on the motorway at this point not even doing 5mph, and then all of a sudden I saw a flash of lights and a horn coming up fast behind, S**T!!!! 
I managed to get myself in 3rd or 4th, got going ASAP and noticed this lorry was still in my lane, I had no time to think why he/she wasn't in the left hand lane to pass, so frantically moved to the left lane WITHOUT checking my mirror....what a mistake, I was too bust panicking, and as I moved the wheel left a light lorry (just tractor unit) came whizzing by and nearly knocked it out, and the lorry behind me just managed to squeeze by to my right, still flashing lights and honking the horn, quite right too, I nearly caused us both damage to our loads and trucks. 

Again I did apologize and did say I got my gears jammed but nothing was said.

I wouldn't call it a brown trouser moment, but I did think I would be reported for it (trying to keep my zero kicks/bans xD).

During the Consec 1 year anniversary, whilst driving from Cardiff (if I remember correctly) to Dover, someone hit absolutely nothing. I watched as their trailer and truck floated upwards and came back down, eventually falling as though they'd jackknifed, blocking the entire motorway as I and many many others approached very quickly :lol: I saw a gap along the hard shoulder at first and aimed for that, then their trailer rolled and blocked it so I literally had nowhere to go except into the side of their trailer :( I still don't know if anyone else crashed, but I did F7 instantly (so did the other user, unfortunately, a little too late :P)

tick.png If someone has helped you, be sure to give them rep ^  

.:: Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum rules  |  In-game rules ::.

fooe6764pi8y.png

Cf4QKob.png   Almighty moderator of the Forums   Cf4QKob.png

I have had a few moments that have scared me. Mainly just when I nearly miss a turn off of a motorway and i have to break hard and streer sharp. That can get nerve-racking as I have nearly tipped over SOOO many times.  :unsure:

Add me on steam HERE if you wish. Just message me saying that you found me from the ETS2MP Forum.

Have Not uploaded many of my deliveries as waiting for STVTC TruckLive.

signature.png

Many near misses, especially when exiting the highway then turning under the bridge while the lanes narrowed to only one lane with no shoulder. Or that I just speed too much, but I hate those exit ramps.

Then there's the one-lane around the curve travelling at high speed. 

There's one time I thought I was certain I hit another player but he sped away and didn't have any abnormal movements. 

4030215307613718s.jpg

At op was it this close? If not no game:

http://plays.tv/video/55aeead361b83106b6

And it was before the blue dots(which show up after they show on the list)

I also once was hauling a cement mixer with modified weight and someone crashed causing a 5 truck backlog... too heavy too fast, but enough momentum when I ditched it I got out XD if I remember correctly I had almost no margin of error either

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Well the other day I was travelling along a quiet road with no one in sight and all of a sudden I saw 2 blue blips on my GPS and slowed down but in front of me in the distance someone was trying to overtake someone in front so they were on my side and although I slowed down he panicked and quickly swerved in front of the truck he was overtaking which resulted in him overturning. I'm not sure if the person in front suffered damage but luckily I only suffered 1% on the truck and had I not slowed down I would have felt the full impact. This is why I hardly overtake unless the truck is going really slow in front and I know I can make it quick enough because oncoming traffic can jump at you from nowhere.

Interesting reads there, keep them coming!

I too have had the one where you nearly miss the junction, usually when I turn the minimap off and use the roadsigns. I see a sign for a turnoff at the junction I want then plant my foot fully on the brakes!

Worst ones are those junctions that turn from two lanes to one, and the lane you are in forms the turnoff road, and sometimes I only notice it until I'm on top of the junction, extremely annoying, and unrealistic when it's on a UK motorway where it turns from 3 lanes to 2!

Not too long ago in the middle of a large convoy, the truck in front of me hit 'nothing' and jackknifed blocking the entire road. I was enough far behind to stop but I wasn't paying attention for a sec and it was nearly a T-bone. Swerved offroad (and somehow didn't get stuck there) at the last moment. Don't think a piece of paper would of fitted between him and me  :P

8mOP210.png  g8VsuFF.png  4vle33y.png

For me it was a massive convoy

I am fairly new to the game so being near trucks in general always gives me a little scare as I don't want to make a mistake and trouble people.

So my horror started when I was happily driving looking out at the scenery, I reached a T Junction, saw a couple trucks pass. no big deal they will be gone by the time I start driving, no need to worry about them. as i pull out i see more trucks in front of me, next thing trucks are coming behind me too

I was in the middle of this huge convoy terrified that I was going to do something wrong and end up stopping or damaging loads of people.

Luckily I wasn't going far down the same road as them, I turned off at the next road and breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't mess anyone up xD

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? he's a mile away and you have his shoes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived