Anyone actually use the high beams as you would IRL?

Kielly

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is only one situation I use my high beams, and with the addition of map markers it's become even less common.

The only time I did use them was on these small country roads, I'd start flashing into the blind corners, hoping if anyone infront of me would realise there's a truck coming. 

Atm I'm running frost mod and the road becomes too blindingly white if I even dared to turn on my highbeams so, other than that it's just a quick flash to tell someone I'm giving them the right of way etc

Think it adds a bit of decent realism, I too tend to dim them when approaching someone, re-activating once I've passed and I have had a few people flash at me, I have noticed a lot of people flashing more but maybe it's due to them seeing the lights change but I'm sure people never used to do it haha?

Kind regards,

Matthew

As when I drive IRL, I use high beams outside populated areas, except when coming to parts where there is street lighting provided. If I meet another driver in game, I do may best to remember to turn them off. Although I'll admit, sometimes I forget to do that.

And as many have said before me, I just can't stand drivers in game who a) have every single accessory slot on the cab and bullbars 'decorated' with lights, B) use the high beams when driving in daylight and at night in cities, but they're partially forgiven, because most of those drivers are kids and teens without RL driving licence and have absolutely no clue when it's appropriate to use high beams. Now don't get me started on the beacon lights...

Drive using your wit, not your foot.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived