News in launcher&Server Status (Topics Merged)

Crazyforiphone

I accually made a private launcher with server status, player count and news from the facebook site a while ago. It doesn't work anymore though because the status page has been updated. But if there is interest enough I can make a new version (and if it's ok for moddevs. I'm not changing any files from the mp, it's just a little exe which then starts the mp)

Ea2GOtu.png

Add this to your signature!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea2GOtu.png[/img]

• 3 weeks later...

Make a comment with more content or will be taken as spam.

It depends on how you view a +1 though. Both them are essentially saying that they agree with the suggestion by putting +1, it would be no different from them typing 'I agree with this post and think it should be done because it seems useful' - the only difference is that it's shorter. Maybe they can't think of anything else to add on to that. It's still relevant to the thread at hand.

nz3d07.jpg

It depends on how you view a +1 though. Both them are essentially saying that they agree with the suggestion by putting +1, it would be no different from them typing 'I agree with this post and think it should be done because it seems useful' - the only difference is that it's shorter. Maybe they can't think of anything else to add on to that. It's still relevant to the thread at hand.

One thing is to agree and another is explain why, if we begin to allow "+1" without content would not be relevant that users will vote because it would not give reasons for which they like that suggestion.

+1 putting messages in all suggestions haha

One thing is to agree and another is explain why, if we begin to allow "+1" without content would not be relevant that users will vote because it would not give reasons for which they like that suggestion.

+1 putting messages in all suggestions haha

How can simply agreeing with the points made in a suggestion by saying +1 be any different from saying basically the exact same thing in a few more words. They both represent the same meaning, that a person agrees with what was said. Not everyone can put pen to paper when it comes to some things, maybe because what they were going to say had already been said by someone before them or maybe they just can't think of something else to say and want to show that they agree with what was mentioned. If a post made by someone in a thread contained something that had absolutely nothing to do with ETS2 at all and what the thread at hand was talking about, I don't know, traffic lights (whatever, it doesn't matter) then that's spam. 

Going by this logic, simply repeating what another user has said is considered spam because it's already been said. This is nit picking at its finest, anyone can give me all the reasons in the world about this. But adding +1 or saying you agree with something means the same thing. Why someone would +1 something they don't even agree with doesn't make sense. Plus honestly why does it matter?

Regardless, we're all completely going off topic with what this thread is about here so I'm just going to leave it at that - I will reply if you do though, I'm just letting you know.

nz3d07.jpg

+1 it would be a nice little touch to the home screen. Nice suggestion!

My PC Specs:

Intel Core i7-4790k @4.3ghz with Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Fan Cooler

Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard

Gigabyte GTX 980 SC 4GB GPU DDR5

16GB Corsair Vengance Preformance RAM @1600mhz DDR3

1TB HDD and 500GB SSD

Zalman H1 Full Tower Case

64Bit Operating System on Windows 8.1

Logitech G27 Force Feedback Wheel with Trackir 5 with Track Clip Pro

+1 from me! Great idea!

PC: GIGABYTE M57SLI-S4|AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ OC Extreme 3.61Ghz x2|Palit GeForce GT 430 1GB DDR3|4GB DDR2 667Mhz ETS2MP jeszcze tu

PC2: ASRock 970Extreme4|AMD FX 6300 X6 4.0Ghz|XFX R9 280 3GB GDDR5|8GB DDR3 1866Mhz :D

Mobile: Qualcomm Galaxy S III LTE i9305 by Samsung

TABlet: Samsung Galaxy S4 TAB 3G/Lenovo TAB S8-50LC 4G

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.