Change a Server to a modded Map instead!

Edinev

Before I start, I know it's been said that no mods will be accepted for now on ETS2MP, but bear with me on this one.

Suggestion Name:

Change a Server to a modded Map instead!

Suggestion Description:

So here's the deal. In my eyes, I honestly can't see any reason to have Asia #1, United States #1 and South America #1. I get the point of "there are more people in this community that are not from Europe, therefore it's good to have a server closer to them", I get all of that. But in the real world, this is just a waste of money.

Let's face it. There have barely been more then 200 people on the US server the last months. Let's not talk about Asia and South America which I have never (personally) seen above 100. These servers take up unnecessary amount of money for a small amount of people.

"But Aurora, what if that small amount of people want to play with their friends? It doesn't matter how many there are".

To be honest, it kinda does. The whole point of MP is to play with others. But why does ETS2MP have to waste X amount of money, for you to play with your friend on an empty map?

"But Aurora, why does it bother you that there are more servers, when you can just go ahead and play on Europe and let us play here".

More servers = More money. So, to keep the more or less empty servers you need money. The easiest way to get that money without asking to much from the community, would be to reduce slots in the more crowded servers. Fine with me if the servers would be decently crowded throughout the day. Reducing slots to crowded servers just ruin the experience for more people, than not having a server for each continent. These servers reach 100 players for a certain amount of time during a day. It's ridiculous.

To the suggestion:

What I suggest is to remove one of the servers and make another Europe one but add in a modded map. The twist is, you find a map that is pretty small (doesn't cover Europe or bigger parts of Europe). What this does is, the users with better computers are able to play on another map, which is smaller than the current one. Meaning, the roads will be more crowded and you'll get new sights. I'm pretty sure there are more people who have better computers that can handle map mods, than people who play on the US, Asia and South America combined. This would be pure testing, to see how much attention this gets and how well it works out.

Any example images

No.

Why should it be added?:

I said that above.

I want thought's about this. Constructive critism and ideas, no "mods aren't allowed" comments. Thanks.

Sidenote, for those of you who think Asia, US and South America are crowded, check again:

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/10197-mp-stats/

• Upvote 5

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Want me to answer? Quote my post or use @Ediin!

As much as people want it I still dont think they are going to change anything or do this.

They test stuff all the time, I really don't see a reason why this would be an exeption.

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

If i remember correctly, the sa and as servers are sponsored by a member....

So, I'm quite sure that if you front the cash for it, you might get your wish

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

Hmmm, I was unaware of this. We'll see if someone from the team replies.

I will answer for the team *WINK* No mods will be added to Ets2MP

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

I will answer for the team *WINK* No mods will be added to Ets2MP

I want thought's about this. Constructive critism and ideas, no "mods aren't allowed" comments. Thanks.

Edited by Euro_Trucker
Remove multiple quotes of the same message

Im agree with taking out those other servers around the world just in case there´s a need of that money. That is, if we could afford a better EU1 (at least) with more capacity or better performance with that money spend in other servers, your´s shoud be enough reasons to go for it. In the other case, I think MP team did a great job taking their game into other continents.

About the Modded Map Server, I´m quite agree with it being smaller map. Im completely sure it could work, but the devs should be sure about it´s support with compatibilities in future builds of SCS.

In conclussion, and as said before, I would love to see EU1 going better in slots and performance, and I would expend money in there first instead of working with mods and spreading players around servers. It´s all about money (ammounts I dont have a clue about).

lkRjRkb.png

Im agree with taking out those other servers around the world just in case there´s a need of that money. That is, if we could afford a better EU1 (at least) with more capacity or better performance with that money spend in other servers, your´s shoud be enough reasons to go for it. In the other case, I think MP team did a great job taking their game into other continents.

About the Modded Map Server, I´m quite agree with it being smaller map. Im completely sure it could work, but the devs should be sure about it´s support with compatibilities in future builds of SCS.

In conclussion, and as said before, I would love to see EU1 going better in slots and performance, and I would expend money in there first instead of working with mods and spreading players around servers. It´s all about money (ammounts I dont have a clue about).

I agree on some of your points. I see this more as a test to be fair, a test to try out what people would think about it, how many people would play it, and how active it would be. When it comes to spreading people around, I do see how this would make even more people go on different servers, but currently EU1 and EU2 are splitting the community in two pieces.

I dont know if you know and well i like this but -1 because will crash.

Why would it crash?

• Upvote 1

It's paid for by Kat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.