SCS Blog - American Truck Smiulator Trailers

Tandre

Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/

One of the many problems we are coping with when building American Truck Simulator is handling the trailers. The regulations for overall tractor and trailer length are mostly stricter across Europe, and this made our life easier when designing the intersections and teaching the AI truck drivers to take the turns there.

In the ATS road system, we are pursuing two goals that are a bit difficult to combine for our tech - including a choice of longer trailers and yet at the same time spicing up the game by having tighter places to maneuver through. We believe that we have come up with the right creative solutions to crack this problem, and we hope that you will enjoy the trailer variety and driving challenge.

american_trucks_001.jpg

american_trucks_002.jpg

american_trucks_003.jpg

I am really looking forward to this game. Just wish they would put some more meat on the bone. Btw, regarding the trailers, do anyone else think they look a tad short? Take the mid pic for example. I just get the impression that they are using mostly really long trailers in the states, in oppostion to here in Europe where the length is basically standardized. The trailer in the middle picture just seems so short to what I'd expect. It almost looks shorter than the european ones (probably just an illusion though). Then again, they do say in the blog post that they are working on getting longer trailers. It's just something I've noticed. Still can't wait tho! 

^ both middle and bottom pics look about right, it doesnt look it because our trucks are longer in nature ;)

about the trailer length, I've never seen one that long for that load type... Reason being is it would bow and break w/o support depending on what its loaded with...

They also should really optimize the pictures better (esp the trucks) before releasing pics...

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I noticed, that the last wheel of the first trailer is different, steering axles soon? :)

Do you know how weird that would be? Watching your rear slide along with you... lift able tires here are usually found closer to the mid part but almost always has 2 doubles not 2 singles. It's possible for rear lift tho. Extra steering is usually only seen on tandems or the very rare 4 axle truck

8572720714_4b8f9dfc90.jpg

SUS0M9O.gif

^Well, to be fair, it is not that uncommon. Take the american ladder trucks (or at least some of them) have trailer steering. Even though it's actually a guy steering that wheel. 
maxresdefault.jpg

Also, it is widely used on large oversized trailers, for a good reason. It makes it much more maneuverable.
You can actually find them on smaller trailers too, such as this one:
maxresdefault.jpg
Point being, TruCkDr1V3r may be right :)

I know N.Y.has a few fire trucks like that Toronto might have one or two.

Those mixers are rarely seen where I live (I might of seen 3 in my entire life including tv). But that's kinda because Canada makes more than enough cement for our needs, so we really don't have a use for those (I sometimes walk by a duffrin cement plant near work that supplies the local area)

But easiest way of not making this into any debate is there is really no set standard on custom trucks or trailers XD if you need it someone will likely make it for road legal use for you, for a price that is lol)

SUS0M9O.gif

Yeah, I don't really see any of the examples I posted where I live, mainly because I live in Norway, where first of all, those firetrucks doesn't exist, and the cement mixers are usually rigid trucks. I was just saying that they do exist, and it is a possibility that SCS have made such a trailer, considering they want long trailers and tighter spaces. So maybe that's how they solved that. But yeah, you're right, you could always get something custom if you really want it, and have the cash flow for it :P

They recently posted this on their blog:
Source

American Truck Simulator - Important Security Announcement
Hey Truckers!

We have recently received reports that some websites are claiming to be offering a pre-release beta version of American Truck Simulator for download.

While our upcoming title is currently in testing and polishing phases, please note that we will not be offering a beta or demo version to the public before the day of release.

Any websites that provide links or other options to download the game before the official release are attempting to distribute and install viruses or other malware on your machines. We strongly recommend against downloading any game installers from other sources than links listed on our website, our trusted hosting partners, or directly from Steam.

Be safe out there, and as always keep an eye on our blog for news and announcements regarding our new projects as well as updates for our already released games.

In the first picture the last axel is more to follow the curve not steer. I will prevent tire wearing.  I hope it is animated :)

Maybe in the future we will see trailer steering, i hope so! In Sweden there are some cool looking trucks and trailers.

These things are grazy looking.

VAK_l%C3%A5ngtrailer.jpg

I hope SCS will implement dolli system some day. 

So the 25.25m trucks would be live in ETS2.

ETS1 mod

oYfZO76.jpg

Archived