How much Internet do I need?

jacoblovekw

You might run into latency issues, lowest latency I've seen on 4g is ~80ms so it might be possible, but be aware, radio links have a fairly high latency attached to them.

In terms of data usage, you're looking at ~128Kb/s-500Kb/s requirements depending on situation.

You might run into latency issues, lowest latency I've seen on 4g is ~80ms so it might be possible, but be aware, radio links have a fairly high latency attached to them.

In terms of data usage, you're looking at ~128Kb/s-500Kb/s requirements depending on situation.

TuxyQ you web developers know a lot of info :P 

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

Well...

Assuming that you would need 500kbps as the web dev has said, for two hours of continuous  playing you would need about 550MB of transfer, but i think that it could get up to 1GB as it all depends on the amount of players that spawn around you.

Also take into consideration stuff like Steam aswell as your PC's internet connections. 

Your software will also make mandatory connections for example Antivirus, AntiMalware and so on, so it's not just how much data the game uses. 

my advice is monitor your network traffic before you go away so you know how much.

do Win+R and type in resmon.exe and click the network tab

Or download something like Net Meter or Track4Win which does it for you. 

More here

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/monitor-internet-usage/

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

Nitpick mode: In general you'll need the whole internet ;-)

But I guess you mean what internet SPEED you need. ets2mp doesn't use much traffic, but you may want to keep a eye on your ping times. 

Depending on where you stay, you might want experimenting connection with other MP servers.

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Nitpick mode: In general you'll need the whole internet ;-)

Was going to say...

Mp takes anywhere from 2-5 all the way up to 200+ kbs

The issue is not max speed, it's ping and data caps. Ping is going to be higher than a wired version due to unpredictable cell tower distances. When I played both ets2 and css on my phones data during a temp outage of internet gaming took at most 500mb for 3 days.

It's possible but not suggested, oh my ping during said timeframe was about double than a wired one ;)

Tho I find tuxy's data speed requirements a little high... but every country is different so faster the safer :P

Oh forgot to mention you could be transmitting and receiving from 2 or more different towers, In different ways. Best way of demonstrating this is turn off GPS on a agps phone (requires internet, a = assisted) and open Google maps with data on.

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Tho I find tuxy's data speed requirements a little high... but every country is different so faster the safer :P

Not a requirement, a recommendation, it was ment as a way to aid calculating a rough estimate of how much data he'd need depending on the session length ;)

Not a requirement, a recommendation, it was ment as a way to aid calculating a rough estimate of how much data he'd need depending on the session length ;)

Yea like slamming into Rotterdam's rush hour ~_~ That could very well take up 500kbs of data in under 5 seconds...

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Wut

Impossible to play ets2mp on an iPhone....

Unless you are tethering your iPhone but the MP barely uses Internet but you'll get a high ping

It only uses a could of KB (I heard)

nub

Pro Twitch Streamer > Clashin_Jon.png                                                     

• 2 weeks later...

Archived