Mods != Adjustments

CJMAXiK

Suggestion Name: "Allowed Mods" and "Mods for MP" renamed to "Allowed Adjustments" and "Adjustments for MP"

Suggestion Description: Multiplayer modifications is simply a tweaks/adjustments for game content and don't bring any new content.

Why should it be added?: 'cause users don't understand "why mods are not allowed, but you have a list of allowed mods". Most users don't understand, what this "mods" does in real.

I always hated the term allowed mods since you arn't using then in mp your simply activating them in sp then doing what ever with them in sp then disabling them when you go into mp. I do think they should make a different name for then but I don't know what it should be.

Check out my guides on how to match your truck color to your trailer color and sharing your GPS way points3LQ2PnN.png

bdFwCRb.png

Adjustments is the same as modifications tbh

the name mods have been used in gaming for years cant see it going anywhere now

so -1

I always hated the term allowed mods since you arn't using then in mp your simply activating them in sp then doing what ever with them in sp then disabling them when you go into mp. I do think they should make a different name for then but I don't know what it should be.

but there are a few mods you can use on mp so there classed as mods ie the metal tiger ones etc

but there are a few mods you can use on mp so there classed as mods ie the metal tiger ones etc

Technically you really arn't using them in MP since you can only use then in sp because you can't activate them in MP. That is what annoys me about say allowed mods.

Now if you were able to activate them in mp I would be fine with the term allowed mods but since you can't it sounds a little wierd. There was a suggestion about allowing certain mods to be able to do that but don't know what happened with it. Like what they did witb the snow mod I classify that as an allowed mod since we were able to use it in MP.

Check out my guides on how to match your truck color to your trailer color and sharing your GPS way points3LQ2PnN.png

bdFwCRb.png

ETS2MP also supports real mods, think of the Winter Mod..

Within a few months I am going to re-enable that mod.

Now if there was only an autumn mod that showed different leave colors in threes and fallen leaves on the ground ;-)

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

We have it set as "Allowed Mods" because they are called mods from SCS as it's called the modding community. But the reason we don't allow mods other than the set that are in the list linked above is because using any mods that add content that isn't in the game from SCS can cause other users to crash when they try to load your truck. We had issues with this in the past and we had to ban users for this.

Now, for the winter mod, that won't work any more since Scandinavia and a few more cities in Going East were added. It modified the map but only by adding superficial stuff, it didn't change the roads or anything like that.

I think the reason why you get people suggesting adding mods to the game is because they see allowed mods topic and like other people say in other topics if we add one mod everyone else will want another mod in the game. So if you are calling it allowed mods people are getting confused. Like I said in my other post you arn't using the mod in multiplayer since you can't activate them in MP so why call them allowed mods. Once you go into mp you are no longer using a mod it just saved in to your save file just like a normal game. Yes your using the mod in SP but not in MP.When winter mod is totally updated for the newest version of the game and works for 1.23 or what ever version is out in december/January and "if" MP adds the functionality again then that would be an allowed mod in my standards.

But i don't care what you call them it just annoys me but i won't die if you call them allowed mods. So call it what you want to. If you ever did chnage the name adjustments wouldn't be that good a fit either.

bdFwCRb.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.