Unrealistic Parking Kicks

TheLynxster

Suggestion Name: Unrealistic Parking Kicks.

Suggestion Description: I feel that many people just seem to park at the side of the motorway to go and get something to drink or something. Parking at the side of a motorway is totally unrealistic when in the next 5 minutes they are going to pull away again.

Suggestion Images: None.

Why The Suggestion Should Be Input: The suggestion should be put in place so that people actually use the services to park up instead of stopping at the side of the road for no reason. To me it feels totally unrealistic to randomly park.

Thanks [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In America you see that all the time. Drivers stopping to check directions or to adjust/check their load but in this game it's not that rare to come across a gas station or truck stop you can pull over to. I've never come across a driver who didn't park enough off the road so they don't block the lane but the problem I have is when convoys do it while they're waiting for other members to catch up. They tend to all pull out at once as well. At least with a truck stop you get the room to get up to a good speed before entering the motorway. It's more of a courtesy thing to find a truck stop. 

Some suggestions just make me go "WTF"  :lol:

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

I park on the side of the road for many reasons including when the leader of a convoy I was in game had crashed; everyone pulled over to wait for him, another instance where I had to go AFK for a few minutes, and sometimes when someone rams me I will pull over to send a report in. I don't see why it should be against the rules to park there, as long as your trailer isn't sticking out onto the road, and there is enough room to park there without blocking. 

• Upvote 1

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

In America you see that all the time. Drivers stopping to check directions or to adjust/check their load but in this game it's not that rare to come across a gas station or truck stop you can pull over to. I've never come across a driver who didn't park enough off the road so they don't block the lane but the problem I have is when convoys do it while they're waiting for other members to catch up. They tend to all pull out at once as well. At least with a truck stop you get the room to get up to a good speed before entering the motorway. It's more of a courtesy thing to find a truck stop. 

but yet convoys do it all the time 

this is a stupid suggestion, what if you have to stop on the hard shoulder because youre avoiding an accident in front of you and pull off out of the way? besides unless people are pulling straight out into the middle lane from a standstill it doesn't effect traffic flow at all, as long as when you pull away you stick to the inside lane till you are at a safe speed to change lanes without blocking others, ive seen more issues and accidents happen from guys running reds and leaving fuel stations than pulling away from the side of the road. its MP you have to expect the unexpected and not whine about something that MIGHT be an inconvenience to you because you don't give people room when rejoining the motorway, all I can say is that if you stop on the side of the road, leave your lights and hazards on so youre easy to spot and when leaving leave indicate to closing vehicles your intention before moving off.

You have been banned! Duration: 2 weeks. Reason: Going to the toilet.

-1. Though it is unrealistic, it's a game. Sometimes there can't be a service station for miles, and what if you're desperate?

If they were sticking their trailer out into the first lane, then yes - a kick/ban would be nessecary (though it falls under blocking, which already is a offence). But if they park within the lines, I see no problem. It's not like random faults occur, so the hard shoulder is hardly used anyway.

• Upvote 1

so if I stop because I need to take a phone call or make a text to sort something and theres no services, what is being suggested here technically influences driving while on a mobile phone which is dangerous driving, just think of that child in the car youll inevitably hit because "youre not allowed to pull over in a safe way" (I do not condone the use of a mobile phone while drivng IRL btw) but lets face it, its better to stop on the side of the road out of peoples way than drive recklessly because youre trying to do something at the same time.