A new punishment option for admins

Suggestion NameA new option for admins to use for a punishment.

Suggestion DescriptionAlright so my idea (Not entirely sure if admins already have it or not) is a "Muting" option for the admins ingame normally they will ban people for swearing/cussing or just being nasty to others and belive me I've been banned for it twice and its somewhat frustrating and I think its a little extreme. Im not sure how it would be coded but maybe it could be made from parts of the chat system anyway so when an admin uses the mute feature it will stop that player from talking. I was also thinking it could be made a little bit like the ban system where you can mute them for a set number of seconds, minutes, days, or hours.
Any example images:  None at the moment sorry
Why should it be added?I belive it will be a easier option for the admins to mute people instead of permanently banning people for swearing/cussing and if the persons appeal gets denied then we are losing players (not that its a worry at the moment) but we want to keep the player base as high as possible.

Yes This Is A Rainbow, Problem?

I personally think that muting as punishment isn't hard enough. When they can start chatting I'm sure they will start insulting again.

Of course we want to keep a high player base, but I'd rather have less good drivers then much bad trollers...

• Upvote 2

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Kind of agree with the mute idea. IMO swearing isn't that bad an offence to warrant a permanent ban. Most of the time when someone uses an expletive in the game, it is due to someone elses poor driving.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

Looking at your ETS2MP kick/ban history I think you want this so its in your favor. Banning is good as it is. If you cant control what you type and then press enter knowing full well what the consequences are then that makes me believe you don't care. (my opinion (sorry if taken harshley))

I was banned the first time becuase I wasent aware how strict they was, this was quite a while ago and then the other time is because I got angry at a random person blocking me for no reason.

Yes This Is A Rainbow, Problem?

Muting is not harsh enough for people who keep swearing. They will start cursing the second their mute goes off. Saying "idiot" isn't exactly swearing in my book and I don't think any admin will ban players for saying stuff like this unless things escalate and a ban is the correct choice. You don't know how many turkish kids we have and they will cut right to the chase and start with "your mother xxx".

• Upvote 3

lu2f-1-644c.jpg

Muting is not harsh enough for people who keep swearing. They will start cursing the second their mute goes off. Saying "idiot" isn't exactly swearing in my book and I don't think any admin will ban players for saying stuff like this unless things escalate and a ban is the correct choice. You don't know how many turkish kids we have and they will cut right to the chase and start with "your mother xxx".

They do ban for saying idiot :))

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

As much as the idea is good, and it could prove useful in some circumstances, it wont solve anything.

Those that are "muted" will resort to worse behavior, ultimately resulting in a ban anyway.

I agree with Scarface:

Of course we want to keep a high player base, but I'd rather have less good drivers then much bad trollers...

I also would like to see a lower number of good drivers on the server, not 3500 with 2500 being trollers, rammers and general griefers

| SCS Beta Tester | Haulage 64 Founder |

Game Rules | Report a Player | Submit a Ticket | Ask for Help

Ex-Support Staff TMP

!! Member Since Day 1 !!

if theyre muted they can play if they are banned they cants  letting them play is just rewarding them

But I mean double punish for flamers, for exaple, They will get BAN for 5days + Mute for 2weeks. They will get unban after 5days but still gonna have mute for a few more days :P 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.