Taking a break from MP

Hey_Wtf

Hi guys,I just updated to 1.20, WOW! Its like real truck driving,the Ai is awesome when I was pulling out of a T road,I was thinking,should I go? Not yet :P if you understand The traffic flows just like real

I really missed traffic as on MP it is quite with no traffic,unless the servers are full then it is a little better

The advantages of SP is of all my trucks I have bought for my company,they actually make money )) 

I was shocked to how much differently I played ets2, you have to be very observant to all what goes on around you,the sound inside cabin,blinkers sound all to real :P

It is very much harder in SP to do deliveries on excellent :P it is a shame that the severs will be to strained with Ai on but I understand,it just does not feel as real when all you see in front of you is road,hedges,water :P

See ya soon guys

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

Lol dino horn.. for ai I was working on it with 2 single core servers but due to medical and work slowdown I had to stop working on it. The servers are still functional and when I get more work hours I'll have more time to work on it.

They also need to get server communication working too...

I've not been on mp in almost 3 weeks because it's "boring". Also military loads ftw XD

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Everybody wants AI, but nope. I agree with you, i find myself playing SP with mod istead of MP more often :P If MP would have AI, then i´d play it 24h a day 7days a week! :D Or if they add the dinosauor horn *HINT HINT* Mwl4.

Tell me if You are really sure about having AI in mp :P Can you immagine Rotterdam? ;D

50 players + AI = 820602__armagedon-oruzhie-photo_p.jpg

serve-overheat.jpg

^After Rotterdam with AI :)

@mwl4 - Please refund my PC as it burned down when I went through Rotterdam.  

But yeah.. I don't even think of AI anymore these days. I kinda don't like AI all that much either, because it just doesn't take a lot of traffic rules into consideration. Such as, traffic from the right goes first, etc. They don't let you merge in a lane or anything, you really have to push your way in by forcing the AI to stop and stuff like that. 

I kinda grew accustomed to the traffic in ETS2MP and I like it how it is now with just truck. Since the start of the multiplayer it's only been getting busier and busier on the road and numbers still keep increasing. So I'm happy with the way it is now really. 

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

serve-overheat.jpg

^After Rotterdam with AI :)

@mwl4 - Please refund my PC as it burned down when I went through Rotterdam.  

But yeah.. I don't even think of AI anymore these days. I kinda don't like AI all that much either, because it just doesn't take a lot of traffic rules into consideration. Such as, traffic from the right goes first, etc. They don't let you merge in a lane or anything, you really have to push your way in by forcing the AI to stop and stuff like that. 

I kinda grew accustomed to the traffic in ETS2MP and I like it how it is now with just truck. Since the start of the multiplayer it's only been getting busier and busier on the road and numbers still keep increasing. So I'm happy with the way it is now really. 

That´s still not enough. I can tell you that AI drive far better than players in ETS2MP, do they let you merge? No. Just avoid Rotterdam and take another port then, why do you find that so hard? Also traffic jams are fun, and hopefully with AI we could have rush hour traffic...  :wub:

^exactly, the way i was thinking was set a specific gps route for the AI, which would avoid over populated areas :)

For ramming it is easy you set the cars so heavy (80 Tons anyone?) that by the time the next update hits the fool ramming the AI not only does huge damage on their truck but the AI will spawn inside it sending the trucker to hell, literally :D

SUS0M9O.gif

^exactly, the way i was thinking was set a specific gps route for the AI, which would avoid over populated areas :)

For ramming it is easy you set the cars so heavy (80 Tons anyone?) that by the time the next update hits the fool ramming the AI not only does huge damage on their truck but the AI will spawn inside it sending the trucker to hell, literally :D

100% what I was thinking however for every player there is 1 AI per 1 Players client (AI run via player client not the server)

If my comment helped, Please give a Positive Rating above ↗ ↗ ↗

Ah, i get how people stress test their components now! :D

We all know they used ETS2MP underground_ai_alpha1.2.7.5 to stress the 590 to death!

Same test you can do with GTX Titan, and you will get the same effect :D Ahh our Rotterdam is awesome ^^

No. Just avoid Rotterdam and take another port then, why do you find that so hard?

I honestly think its the thrill of the danger mate lol no joke ive been there, had a few boring jobs then pick a rotterdam job next cos you know somethings gonna happen down there lol :lol: obv for people who park there no ideal why as it lags really bad for me in the city there, wouldnt want to park up etc but dropping off there is awesome something will either happen around you or something to you lmao :P

With Rotterdam its just like, okay im going to charge ata nuclear bomb as its about to detonate and hope for the best, you might go through no problem or just get caught in the Sh*tstorm that occurs, although it would be nice in MP to have a live tracking map that you can bring up that allows you to see whats going on ahead, kind of an early warning for any trolls out there you can prepare for. as for ai, I think it would spoil things in MP, perhaps if the server is low on numbers ai could be introduced on set paths, but think of the lag, the sheer amount of coding it would take to do it, practically rewriting SCSs ai scripts, we all know how long it took them to rewrite the ai when it broke the first time.

100% what I was thinking however for every player there is 1 AI per 1 Truck

remember one minor detail, AI's if treated like trucks take almost no resource unlike our vehicles. This is because the server only has to send out 2 pieces of info. GPS and one SCS file (file path, not the actual file)

Because the GPS is a set path it "could" be hard coded into the file you use to log in with, making it so the server only has to send out AI ID and GPS ID, this makes it easy to have upwards to 100 (lol... its possible but id say at most 15) AI's per driver. granted during peak times AI's should be almost non-existent.

Also if the AI's have "one" server that sends out their position to each server its AI Synchronization :) It could be used as a tester for server sync to see how it would function and if it be logical to do.

SUS0M9O.gif

Admin,How about trying on 1 server see how it goes?

Do a suggestion about it :P

Gosh, stop motivating for suggestions already. I bet if I search the suggestion forums I'll find at least 10 topics about AI in MP.

Lets face it. As long as there will be multiplayer, there will be discussions about AI in MP, no matter how often the devs say it won't happen.

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

i don´t think this make sense. For some people it´s not possible to drive with other Drivers on MP so they ram and so on.

If we had AI this will be a mess how many accidents we will get then. And don´t forget the Trollers that will ram the AI on purpose.

Well at least members will be more aware of flying through red light,make them be more observant on what is going around,not just staring into the distance hoping to see an on coming truck to hoot tthe horn :))) then there is an argument,why speed in trucks it  is so unrealistic, driving with no traffic is so much more unrealistic :D driving around corners on SP1 cutting acroos the white lines as you did not pay attention to how much the corner bend was,but hey no traffic to care about so I got away with it :D like all drivers on MP, why look in mirrors? everyime I did nothing was there :D why indicate when no one around? only members who need a life will indicate when there is nothing behind you<<<<< joke

the trollers who ram AI they have to pay for repairs,the trollers will be recorded,sorry but driving with no traffic is so unrealistic even I get board,perhaps I have played to long on MP,thats why I speed on Eu2 to get jobs finished faster as it is boring on motorway staring into mid air doing 50 mph, thinking how long to delivery :D having Al will maake the experiance better... that is why I suggested trying it on 1 server to see how it goes, the 1.20 update the traffic around towns is so much more realistic

Do a suggestion about it :P

I did and a webmaster deleted the suggestion as soon as I hit return :D

Gosh, stop motivating for suggestions already. I bet if I search the suggestion forums I'll find at least 10 topics about AI in MP.

Lets face it. As long as there will be multiplayer, there will be discussions about AI in MP, no matter how often the devs say it won't happen.

I'm not sure if it's allowed to quote myself, but I just did :D 

Archived