MaxTrucker

Question

So here goes...I checked and double checked a roughly 6.5gb of mp3 music I actually copied to the ETS2 music and all the files were mp3 and all in either CBR 128,192 or VBR 128-192 bitrate. So I am all joyous and I boot up MP, and after a few short seconds I am very, very disappointed.
Why is that, can anyone answer?
The internet radio stream still works flawlessly and had since time immemoriam.

I wouldn't make this topic had my original not been locked ( You should really implement an option to allow at least to the topic creator to write in his own topics )

I don't expect much from this community in terms of help  but here's hoping.

17 answers to this question

Sadly I don't know the solution to your problem since the radio still works for you.

Regarding what you said about the previous topic being locked. Staff is required to always leave a reply on the topic as to why the topic was locked. You can then send a PM to the staff member that locked the topic to re-open it.

I hope this helps you somewhat for future cases.

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

Are you sure your music is put into this folder here: C:\Users\YOURNAMEDocuments\Euro Truck Simulator 2\music and have you restarted the game before trying to play the music. Also you could try adding it to the steam in-game music folder, you can then play the music on any game. to do this open up Steam, click View at the top left and on the drop down, hit settings. on the side should be a tab that says "Music", click it, then click "ADD" where it says "ADD" "REMOVE" "SCAN NOW", then navigate to where your music collection is. Lastly click okay and your music should be accessible by clicking "SHIFT+TAB" ingame and at the bottem clicking Music. Hope this helped :D

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

The system is Win7 x64
I tried with 1.5gb
I tried with 960mb
I tried with breaking up all the folder structure that existed
I tried with randomly deleting half of the music and cutting to around 450mb
I tried deleting all but one song from the compilation, even that one wouldn't play.
As a last resort, I copied one of the sample mp3 that come in with each win7 and IT STILL CRASHES.

Repeat: In single player, BOTH the small shortcut to my music dir AND the internet streaming work FLAWLESSLY (Even the custom added local radio stations), while in multi radio works as in SP, but music just won't play.
This is not a problem of my game or of my PC; This is server related and I would preffer it is acknowledged as such.

Edit post:
As for you suggesting other players: TYVM I know of them and for the most part they work as intended, but you have to understand that I DON'T WANT another program running in the background needlessly or constantly opening up the steam overlay to change a song. Game has a built-in music player which doesn't work online. If not a solution, I would at least like to know why it doesn't work.

Game has a built-in music player which doesn't work online. If not a solution, I would at least like to know why it doesn't work.

This is because clicking "R" brings up the radio and music player, in SP this would just pause you game but in MP it would instantly stop you and can cause collision or blocking, you can set hot keys to change the volume and skip the song, but that is about all you can do :P

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

I wonder, why not use an external music player? The steam overlay has one

Well, because im a stubborn jack* that wants his money's worth, that's why. Game has a built-in player and I am nothing less than a stubborn jack* for wanting to get it to work.

I tried the second suggest codec pack and the result is the same.

Edited by Scarface0359
Filtered some words

Here what we gonna do,(I believe that the problem is in the game it self)

Try reinstalling the game, and after making a new profile (not your old profile) put a song and check it,

waiting your feedback .

NOTE: I didn't check all the posts.

Tag Line: Want to Have fun, join Trucking World at ETS2, ATS and TruckersMP.

Respected Member of the Arab Community and TMP
Former: Forum Moderator, Support Team & Game Moderator

^^

Try converting your songs to .ogg. Google 'mp3 to ogg' and you'll find a lot of websites. Or pirate a MP3 to OGG software if you want and if you won't feel guilty.

IIRC, all my songs were .mp3 at some point. While some of them played, others didn't. I remembered that the original ETS didn't play anything else than .ogg so I converted them to .ogg. Everything worked afterwards.

Note: I didn't check all the posts either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.