/st suggestion (tag search in-game)

Edinev

Since the /st that is currently in-game only allows you to search for a minimum of 4 characters, I decided to make this topic.

Suggestion Name: /st suggestion

Suggestion Description: Instead of being able to search a minimum of 4 characters, you should lower it to either 3 or 2.

Any example images: Nope.

Why should it be added?: I can't think of any country that has more then 3 letters as a "shortened" tag w/e. I mean it would be easier to find people from your own country by just typing "/st GER" or "/st SWE" or "/st RUS" you get it. With the current system allowing a minimum of 4 this is more or less impossible. The VTC companies also usually go for 3 characters as a tag, and again, you can't find them.

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Want me to answer? Quote my post or use @Ediin!

Hi,

I don´t use too much this command, only for searching my friends. But for searching people from your own country it would be a nice idea to lower it up to 3 or 2 words. Maybe they do it, maybe not, but it´s a good idea.

• Upvote 2

team_team-game-admin.png    TEAM MEMBER SINCE APRIL 2016. SPANISH / ENGLISH IGA TEAM MEMBER.

how to appeal a ban      how to report a user       In-game rules      feedback & contacting upper staff    

Hello, Aurora!

Good suggestion and it will make it easier for finding players from your same country, but that's why we are having the teamspeak. -Happy Trucking!

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback, remember to stay positive.

Retired Support Member @Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

I`m not giving support via private message unless offered,

please use the selection called "help" on the forums.

Hello, Aurora!

Good suggestion and it will make it easier for finding players from your same country, but that's why we are having the teamspeak. -Happy Trucking!

That's a bit of an odd conclusion of having ts3 o.O

Isn't it for chatting with others through voice messages, not to find players from other countries :o

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

I think this can be moved to "Accepted" since it's been introduced with patch 1.9.1

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

I think this can be moved to "Accepted" since it's been introduced with patch 1.9.1

Yeah introduced with a minimum of 4 charachters, I suggested that they lower it to a minimum of 3 or 2 characters :)

Is it mean you only can search people with a steam name that contain those words ?

I think /st finds both steam names and the ETS2MP tag

Ok i get it, this is a great idea but not everyone from GER use GER tag for example :3

Well yeah obviously not but finding those who do have "GER" for examlpe would be much easier :)

• Upvote 1

Our company decided to stick with steamname tags for the company tags. We use the ingame player tags for special situations such as: 

CEO

ConvoyControl

LAGGING (in yellow)

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.