Turn off speed limiter in EU #2

kinggibbon

Suggestion Name: Turn off speed limiter on EU #2 server

Suggestion Description: Turn it off or at least limit it to 90mph or something higher. 

Why should it be added?: The only reason me and my friends played on EU #2 was because we could go at decent speeds to get from A to B. It gave a risk of sharp turns and took some actual skill. Right now, the speed is way too slow it makes the deliveries no challenge whatsoever and takes forever to get there. We already have a server for people who want to take it slow but 68 mph is not even the UK speed limit. If you don't want to turn it off of Eu #2, maybe start a public Eu #3 server and set it have no speed limit on there.

Congratulations you're the millionth poster of said topic.

You win auto ban not Germans autobahn.

Seriously give up idk why the dev did it nor do I actually care anymore... 120 is best but 110 is fine, not like you could go faster with a 24t trailer...

Personally I'll take eu2 as a ncz free zone less garages ports and repair shops

Oh eu3 is staff only for testing features ;)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Thanks for the prize, banning me would be just sweeping the issue under the rug though. If there are a million posts on this topic then it is definitely a wanted return! But maybe it will allow the admins to see reason if more people request it. I have noticed griefing has been seen to. I run into my friend, and only my friend, to nudge them and only I take damage as I believe it should be so I do not understand why add a speed limit. It was the reason my friends and I played on EU #2. We played it today for the first time since the speed limit and just think it is too slow. Keep it on for EU #1 as people want and switch it off for EU #2. That way they can please both crowds. I know I will probably be frowned upon for bringing it up, but they lock every rejected thread so I cannot show my support for the idea (As far as I am aware). Only solutions I have seen is "Play single player if you want to play without SL" but then that means I cannot play with others. 

We went there yesterday Tuxy and it seemed to be the only fun part of the whole journey. The rest was a slow boring drive along empty roads. 

2541, exactly. It gave us freedom. People who want the limiter have EU #1. If that fills up too much make a new server rather than imposing the rules on those who enjoyed how EU #2 used to be. If I knew the speed was  going to be limited I probably wouldn't have bought the DLC. 

Well, currently the team is trying a compromise. Some people was rather loudly protesting that eu1 had limiter enabeled.

So now they have set a city limit at 60 km/h , and 110 km/h outside of them. (Witch is unfortunate for us that like it more legaly)

Isn't the drive the whole point of this game?

if you feel it takes to long, you have clearly selected the wrong job!

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

EU#1 should have speed limit yes. EU#2 no. Atm it is only catering for one side. I don't find driving at such low speeds fun. I myself like progressing in games at a reasonable pace. Getting from Scotland to the furthest point in the game already takes a very long time and we enjoy doing it when we aren't limited to such low speeds. People like different things, we like long drives at a good speed.

I made a vote topic on this subject,no input from members so there is no need for change,if you want to progress more in game try SP,Admins please delete this thread as you know the majority of members love the game the way it is.

I am fine with my progress as I played SP a lot,I have bought all garages on map including the new scandi,all garages have 5 slots

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

Atm it is only catering for one side. 

Actually no, they don't!. The realism side isn't happy with a unrealistic speed limit of 110km/h (60kmh in cities is perfect). They (including me) like the 90km/h limiter back. Than you have the drivers that play the game in a more arcade fashion

and they don't want a speed limiter at all.

So the 110km/h speed limit is really a compromise. But maybe this mod shouldn't be completely free. A fee of 1 euro per year per member should cover all the hosting expenses, so they can host more server to cater better to the needs of the players, e.g. setup more servers. I think it is feasible to keep 3000+ paying members, so that would equal to at least 250 euro per month to be spend on hosting..  I do have to note that most payment providers charge a fee for each payment, so the actual member fee could be a little bit higher to remain the net fee of 1 euro per member..

If I knew the speed was  going to be limited I probably wouldn't have bought the DLC.

The current speed limiter on both servers is active since early april. Maybe you should come by more often instead of complaining!

• Upvote 2

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Instead of compromising and making both servers identical they could have given both sides what they wanted. 2 sides, 2 servers. As for not playing, no you are correct. I should have tried the MP before getting the DLC but I wasn't sure if the MP would work without it. The 1 Euro per year I think would be a decent idea if they were to be willing to cater specifically all sorts. NSL with collisions, NSL without collisions, 90km/h + city speed limits & no collisions, 90km/h + city speed limits with collisions, 110km/h etc.

If they did make a NSL on eu2 I would play MP more often,For now I  play SP alot

Dear VODKA :D please reconsider the subject of eu2, A lot of guys and gals :P Love to do speedy jobs *on motorways* Can we have a choice on witch server we would like to play? NSL or SL, I know I would play on NSL MP a lot more, But how i like to play I am confined too SP,So what if guys that do a speedy job acidently over turn the rigs,They will learn,you do say you like to have everyone happy :D 

When we had no speed limit on eu2 there was so much respect between drivers,giving way,using horn or flashing lights when over taking some one,all ways checking mirrors for lewis hamilton truck drivers :D

call eu2 GTA Simulator :D

Or if its a no go with you I will just stay with single player when i feel I have the need for speed :P

I really don't understand what the problem is with the speed limit? 

There is plenty of time to get a job done with the limit set as it is now. (infact there is more than enough time)

I keep the games speed limiter on myself as I don't see the need to go belting down roads at silly speeds.

I thought the game was about making deliveries of a wide range of cargo. Not racing to see who can cover 900 odd miles or more the fastest. 

It would be a much more enjoyable experience if people did actually abide by the limit that shows in the gps. It would make traffic flow alot better as everyone would be roughly at the same speed so there wouldn't be as much slowing down and bunching up. 

Ok I have a question? How many IRL truckers moan about the limits that trucks are set to? 

• Upvote 1

I really don't understand what the problem is with the speed limit? 

There is plenty of time to get a job done with the limit set as it is now. (infact there is more than enough time)

I keep the games speed limiter on myself as I don't see the need to go belting down roads at silly speeds.

I thought the game was about making deliveries of a wide range of cargo. Not racing to see who can cover 900 odd miles or more the fastest. 

It would be a much more enjoyable experience if people did actually abide by the limit that shows in the gps. It would make traffic flow alot better as everyone would be roughly at the same speed so there wouldn't be as much slowing down and bunching up. 

Ok I have a question? How many IRL truckers moan about the limits that trucks are set to? 

Geez! this is a game,there are plenty of players who like NSL as they want a bit of fun on motor ways,you stick with your GPS I bet you,even though there is no one behind you,on motorway, you still indicate too change lanes :D :D :D :D :P

• Upvote 1

Geez! this is a game,there are plenty of players who like NSL as they want a bit of fun on motor ways,you stick with your GPS I bet you even though there is no one behind you on motorway you still indicate too change lanes :D :D :D :D :P

Yes your right I do. That is from driving IRL and abiding by the highway code. It's a force of habit now. If I make a turn or as you say change lanes, yes I indicate. As that is how I was taught to drive when I passed my test many years ago.  :)

And just as a counter point. There are also plenty of players that don't mind the set speed limit.  :D

Just a reminder to those complaining about the limiter, this is a simulator and not a racing game.

The Dev's have compromised with the limiter and taken a bit of the realism out of it by increasing the limit slightly.

I for one like the new changes but In real life no truck goes above 60mph in Europe to my knowledge.

This is a free mod and why is there so many complaints about a free mod, just be happy there is a way to play online otherwise we would all be playing SP mode.

I for one believe this mod keeps the Euro Truck series alive and If it wasn't for MP I think ETS2 would be pretty much dead apart from the hardcore truck sim lovers.

Just be thankful.

Regards

Spencer

• Upvote 4

MY Ingame Status:image.png

In game rules can be found here:https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/115-in-game-rules/

^ real life truckers don't have dead roads

Plus id rather be stuck in a truck in real life for 900 km (if mostly highway about a 12 hour trip here in Canada at most plus rest)

Also yea enough time is given till you lose internet connection, don't log on for a week, or most likely logging off because of having a life outside the game.

Actually no, they don't!. The realism side isn't happy with a unrealistic speed limit of 110km/h (60kmh in cities is perfect). They (including me) like the 90km/h limiter back. Than you have the drivers that play the game in a more arcade fashion

and they don't want a speed limiter at all.

No one's forcing you to go 110... last time I was on mp (2 days) I got sick behind those who respected the speed limit. Did I rage? Nope. Did I try to pass? Nope, could of tho in at least one situation. A driver I was behind pulled into a gas station and that's when I went max speed. Yes I'm a nsl person but I use my head.

Oh fyi if you can't limit yourself the game has a option for that under game play I think...

• Upvote 1

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I for one totally agree with this suggestion, however I know for a fact that this will NEVER happen. Though it was a good few weeks while it lasted during April on EU#2. The population of the server mostly consisted of those who possessed a brain, and there were few accidents as most of the trolls simply jumped onto EU#1 which was the default server at the time.

Although, the 110kmh limit is much better than 90, but I still believe most people drive at 110 as its very rare, on motorways at least to catch and pass someone who hasn't just pulled onto the road. Would've loved the 120 they advertised a few days prior to the update :)

A little bit off topic but I loved the new overtaking sections that SCS added in Sweden, they were a great addition to the game, just a shame that people drive on those sections as they do in real life though (a.k.a speed up just before and during them so you can't pass then immediately slow down after them.) :angry:

I respect your idea, and I also think there should be a place for all those wanting to race. But lets be serious, go play racing games or any other arcade if you wanna go that way with a truck. Cause you´re obviously not able to drive a truck in real life. It´s all about driving mate, and there are lots of things to enjoy appart from the speed. If you do not, then go drive a car.

lkRjRkb.png

Thanks for the replies. Dellboy, as much as I agree that it is a simulator, I liked the SP when I remove speed limit which is in the base SP game. Before that I modded it to take away the speed limit. The reason I play this is because I have addictions to game where I can earn money and gain items through grinding. I just believe that it would be better rather than compromising, just give both sides what they prefer like it was previously. I don't mind so much the free roam no collision as atm how it stands, seems to be a good compromise that I only take damage if I collide with someone else. But that could have just been my connection. It's a great mod that has definitely made the game more successful, just feel that it was better previously.

Gorkal1ty Its not so much wanting to race. It's just we like to get from point A to point B in a decent time and giving a challenge of knowing when to take it slower. Even with NSL we took a good hour at least to get from one end of the map to the other. What we enjoy about this game is unlocking new stuff to customise and unlocking new garages, new employees and creating an empire through grinding whilst listening to the radio and singing badly to each other. My friends wouldn't have a few of our in jokes if it weren't for listening to a random slovakian radio station whilst driving. Then there's the joy of driving through motorways to meet up with each other because they haven't unlocked garages yet whilst we discuss routes we are taking.

We do know there are people who act like idiots but we only really saw them on the EU #1 server before we found out about EU #2. I have seen more idiots appear on EU #2 since the speed limit as people just try overtaking on T junctions and turns. No idea why this is but it has risen. All my friends purchased steering wheels just for this game alone so we could drive much more accurately and control our trucks better. I would be willing to pay a small sub for a server for these NSL rules to be implemented and maybe others would if it meant we could play our way. Sure its a simulator, but the simulator also allows for no speed limit and already takes money away if caught speeding. Maybe they could make it more punishing by the speed cameras deducting a percentage rather than the pittance it takes now. But then that would be another suggestion post.

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/11764-eu2-nslno-collision/?p=89002

Read this  ;) Speedlimiter is already rejected.

True, but then they close the post so people who support the idea cannot have their say. As stated before, there are people who like the SL and people who like the NSL. I like the NSL but unfortunately can only get that on SP which means I cannot play with those I pressured to buy it / bought it for to play with

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.