C-D Intersection ×

If you had the power to add anything, what would it be?

• Classic trucks
  • Realistic road conditions and traffic
  • Karens
  • IRL companies
  • Mandatory challenges, like trailer docking because parking a trailer isn't always straightforward
  • Audio upgrades, so I can drive around blasting 2Pac for all the NPCs
  • Upvote 2

"We're all astronauts."

logo-wotr.png

• In Game Police to force rule breakers to own up to their actions. Citations. Court Dates. Insurance Fees. Suspended/Revoked Licenses.
  • All the ProMods map edits for the rest of the outdated map.
  • Closing CD Road & making POI (Points of Interest) for the community to visit. These offer more jobs rewards, have lower fuel and repair costs. And, even doing proof with screenshots so no one can claim "they were there" when they weren't.
  • Edible Food. I want other trucks to hear me munching on some yummy food as i pass them.

Honestly, box-trucks aka "normal trucks" without trailers (as seen in the pics). I think it would spice things up a lot, positively. Perhaps it would be a great way for beginners to get used to steering & driving, if they feel like having a trailer setup is still a bit tricky for them in multiplayer or for any other reason.

Sometimes I feel like driving such a truck too instead, simply for the variety. There are even singleplayer mods I've tried, which I quite enjoyed. Eventually even such box-trucks with a tandem trailer.

Something like what's in the pictures I attached. Then those with a tandem trailer behind them.

On the other hand, I've seen that a bus has been added to TMP, I'm sure there's an audience who enjoys this a lot and would like to see some more.

Something I haven't looked into for years, are the ProMods, think I should check them out.

I'd also love to see more options for lore-friendly company designs on trucks and trailers. By lore-friendly I mean, some pseudo companies, since we'd have copyright issues to add real company logos or names onto vehicles.

Think it would make sense the most, if we'd be able to customize it, not just bound to "presets". However, who knows who might abuse it and slap profanities or anything else suspicious as design for everyone online to see.

How about the amber/yellow side-lights on trailers flashing/blinking when using the indicators? Recent box-trucks and trailers do that. Perhaps with an option to toggle that feature on/off?

Edit: oh and definitely, but has no real priority in my eyes, more accessories or customization for things inside the cabin. Same with the exterior, like on newer trucks? I'd definitely love to give the cabin more of a personal touch. Not sure about interior LEDs we can slap on (might impact on performance for others, unless with an option to toggle client-side?), or even change certain interior colors (like panels or seats), a bit more than what we can by default.

platform-truck-MAN-18-285-MLC-4x2-158tkm-AHK-Stapleraufnahme---1716441334131969486_common--24052308153363837000.jpg

15112399-01.1709543044__.jpg

921_8336064937329.jpg

There has always been a few things I have thought about relating to this topic.

• Passport checks, why not give us the ability to physically have a passport in game that gets stamped at the border like when you fly in real life you get your passport stamped in each new country you visit.
  • When you have fatigue turned on, why not have the ability to feed or let your driver have a drink while driving (Real Life Simulation). 
  • When fueling your truck, allow the player to exit the cab of the truck and walk to the pump, give us a button to interact that then put the fuel pump into the tank to fuel the truck for a bit more added realism. You could make it so the shops at the fuel stations can actually allow you to walk inside them to purchase snacks etc
  • The ability for the windows in the trucks to actually get dirty so you need to spray wiper fluid and use the windscreen wipers more often to clean the windscreen.
  • On the online servers, make it so that the speed cameras and red light offenses are actually working to actually make people drive to the road rules, might result in less crashes in some areas as people like to just speed through red lights etc so actually adding some sort of meaning to the in-game currency might make drivers actually be more careful in game finally.
  • Added ability to actually check load stability and that tie down straps are actually applied to cargo before leaving a depot.

Few other things but brain fade atm causing me not to remember all of them.

spacer.png

I've been working my backside off to try and add Monaco to the ProMods map but thats taking timeeeeeee.

Away from that, I'd love to see something done in the UK, something to integrate other games more.

Maybe a peek at something like fallout bobbleheads would have been great for the fallout series etc.

Richie Thomas (they/them)

TruckersMP Forum Moderator

Verified VTC Founder

NOWT : VTC

E: [email protected]
W: https://nowt.cc/

S: https://discord.nowt.cc/

fixedheight.png

I would say a bit more realism. 

1.First the Driver work day and breaks(pause) how it is in real life 

2.Paper work : at least CMR or Lieferschein

3.Another very annoying thing is driving only FULL LOADS , why they didn't made Part Loads (Groupage) -which consists of grouping small shipments of goods that have the same or near origin and destination, so as to form a more manageable load unit (semi-trailer, sea freight container, air container, etc.)

4. It will be nice to have things like spending money for Bills of the garages , insurance of the trucks and  during the game to be able to see how the parts are getting dirty like in Farming simulator , amortization and scratches over time on the Truck and on the trailers.

5. When stopping for a brake , the bill should contain fuel + meal and drink and or  refilling food supplies in case that no Shop . 

17 hours ago, Lash_777 said:
  • Classic trucks
  • Realistic road conditions and traffic
  • Karens
  • IRL companies
  • Mandatory challenges, like trailer docking because parking a trailer isn't always straightforward
  • Audio upgrades, so I can drive around blasting 2Pac for all the NPCs

Love the list!

10 hours ago, Sunstrider said:
  • In Game Police to force rule breakers to own up to their actions. Citations. Court Dates. Insurance Fees. Suspended/Revoked Licenses.
  • All the ProMods map edits for the rest of the outdated map.
  • Closing CD Road & making POI (Points of Interest) for the community to visit. These offer more jobs rewards, have lower fuel and repair costs. And, even doing proof with screenshots so no one can claim "they were there" when they weren't.
  • Edible Food. I want other trucks to hear me munching on some yummy food as i pass them.

That licenses part would be so cool! But I'd think that it'd only work great on the drivers you hire, rather than the player since I paid for a game to drive 😂

8 hours ago, mikichii said:

Honestly, box-trucks aka "normal trucks" without trailers (as seen in the pics). I think it would spice things up a lot, positively. Perhaps it would be a great way for beginners to get used to steering & driving, if they feel like having a trailer setup is still a bit tricky for them in multiplayer or for any other reason.

Sometimes I feel like driving such a truck too instead, simply for the variety. There are even singleplayer mods I've tried, which I quite enjoyed. Eventually even such box-trucks with a tandem trailer.

Something like what's in the pictures I attached. Then those with a tandem trailer behind them.

On the other hand, I've seen that a bus has been added to TMP, I'm sure there's an audience who enjoys this a lot and would like to see some more.

Something I haven't looked into for years, are the ProMods, think I should check them out.

I'd also love to see more options for lore-friendly company designs on trucks and trailers. By lore-friendly I mean, some pseudo companies, since we'd have copyright issues to add real company logos or names onto vehicles.

Think it would make sense the most, if we'd be able to customize it, not just bound to "presets". However, who knows who might abuse it and slap profanities or anything else suspicious as design for everyone online to see.

How about the amber/yellow side-lights on trailers flashing/blinking when using the indicators? Recent box-trucks and trailers do that. Perhaps with an option to toggle that feature on/off?

Edit: oh and definitely, but has no real priority in my eyes, more accessories or customization for things inside the cabin. Same with the exterior, like on newer trucks? I'd definitely love to give the cabin more of a personal touch. Not sure about interior LEDs we can slap on (might impact on performance for others, unless with an option to toggle client-side?), or even change certain interior colors (like panels or seats), a bit more than what we can by default.

platform-truck-MAN-18-285-MLC-4x2-158tkm-AHK-Stapleraufnahme---1716441334131969486_common--24052308153363837000.jpg

15112399-01.1709543044__.jpg

921_8336064937329.jpg

Yea that's a thought about box trucks and promods. Think they hired a promods mapper on their team a while back. Honestly I'd love it if they interacted a bit more with the modding community.

2 hours ago, richiethomasss said:

I've been working my backside off to try and add Monaco to the ProMods map but thats taking timeeeeeee.

Away from that, I'd love to see something done in the UK, something to integrate other games more.

Maybe a peek at something like fallout bobbleheads would have been great for the fallout series etc.

Yea I think EVERYONE want's something done with the UK. Weird that they never acknoleged this before? (Unless they did, I don't know)

2 hours ago, FA-Trans said:

I would say a bit more realism. 

1.First the Driver work day and breaks(pause) how it is in real life 

2.Paper work : at least CMR or Lieferschein

3.Another very annoying thing is driving only FULL LOADS , why they didn't made Part Loads (Groupage) -which consists of grouping small shipments of goods that have the same or near origin and destination, so as to form a more manageable load unit (semi-trailer, sea freight container, air container, etc.)

4. It will be nice to have things like spending money for Bills of the garages , insurance of the trucks and  during the game to be able to see how the parts are getting dirty like in Farming simulator , amortization and scratches over time on the Truck and on the trailers.

5. When stopping for a brake , the bill should contain fuel + meal and drink and or  refilling food supplies in case that no Shop . 

Yes a real tachograph system! Paper work would be nice but i'd hate to keep doing it over and over.

• True Story 1

Since I believe this thread is not specific to ETS2, I would love to see a real economy system inside TMP and would love to see an integration of the VTC system with the in-game company system, where you could see all your employees, create cargos for them inside the game, pay salaries, buy trucks for your employees to use.

I understand those ideas are very complicated to implement (if not impossible) and time-consuming, but hey... dreaming a little bit does not hurt 😄

Hmmm. now that I'm thinking, this idea could also apply to the game itself, I would like to turn the game into a more Roleplay/survival game where all your actions have a huge impact on the future.

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110011 01110100 00100000 00110001 00110000 00100000 01110011 01100101 01100011 01101111 01101110 01100100 01110011 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00101110  :D

14 hours ago, Davina said:

I would add large compounds for storage of owned trailers. To change trailer you would have to drive to its parking spot, detach & then  drive over to the next traer you want, rather than them being magicked from thin air.

This would be nice but they'd have to think about re-doing garages to fit in the spaces for the trailors. Nice idea!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.