Jump to content
C-D Intersection ×

Cooldown after a server Kick


Recommended Posts

Suggestion Name: 

Cooldown after a server Kick

 

Suggestion Description:

I suggest implementing a feature that when moderators kick a player from the server for inappropriate overtaken, blocking etc, that they Don’t just kick that player, but make them wait 10 minutes before they can rejoin server.
 

Any example images

No

 

Why should it be added?:

How many times have we seen a player get kicked for driving recklessly, inappropriate overtaking & blocking. Just for the person to be able to spawn straight back in (If they wasn’t also teleported to the nearest F7 they just load a save). My Suggestion means that everybody that gets kicked (by admin) would have to wait up to 10 minutes before they are able to rejoin the server (admin set cooldown time based on why they get kicked).


we have seen it way too much especially for blocking the players will simply just load straight back up and continue traffic jams (and in a lot of instances the original traffic jam hasn’t even had time to clear before players spawn straight back in)

 

Implementing this I feel could be an important step to try and cut down on the repeat offenders able to rejoin the server within seconds. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

The amount of time you get the cooldown for should depend on what you got the kick for. For example if your kicked for not having lights on then there shouldn't be a cooldown at all for that, however if it is something like getting kicked for Reckless Driving then there should be 10-20 minute cooldown.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's just incorrect. A kick is associated with a disconnect from the server. You have to go back to the launchpad to reconnect, which includes reloading the game. This takes a few minutes, depending on the performance of your system in use, the server population and the server being selected to join.

 

Log in to Calais/Duisburg and get immediately kicked because the game engine can't handle loading map and traffic at once? Wait 10min.

High ping? Congrats, you now gotta wait 10 min to rejoin

No headlights? Congrats, you now gotta wait another 10 min.

Got kicked while pulling over due to IRL issues, and didn't move for too long? Congrats, wait another 10 min

You drive past one of the xxx barriers to pull over and not block traffic, a mod comes along and kicks you for driving out of boundaries? 10 min.

Pulled over, your trailer too close to the road, 'cause you wanna change the radio station real quick you're listening to or because you wanna wait a minute to use /fix? 10 min

You get hit by oncoming traffic, end up on the road, a mod kick-teleports all vehicles involved to clear up the road? 10 min.

 

Do you realize how many people are going to be fed up with this, just leave and never come back?

Take a wild guess when the convoy game mode was released....(and no, steam users at the same time did not decrease)
 

image.thumb.png.b20c7fcdf6b290caf9465f2f2a61b0ad.png

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, el_blubb said:

That's just incorrect. A kick is associated with a disconnect from the server. You have to go back to the launchpad to reconnect, which includes reloading the game. This takes a few minutes, depending on the performance of your system in use, the server population and the server being selected to join.

 

Log in to Calais/Duisburg and get immediately kicked because the game engine can't handle loading map and traffic at once? Wait 10min.

High ping? Congrats, you now gotta wait 10 min to rejoin

No headlights? Congrats, you now gotta wait another 10 min.

Got kicked while pulling over due to IRL issues, and didn't move for too long? Congrats, wait another 10 min

You drive past one of the xxx barriers to pull over and not block traffic, a mod comes along and kicks you for driving out of boundaries? 10 min.

Pulled over, your trailer too close to the road, 'cause you wanna change the radio station real quick you're listening to or because you wanna wait a minute to use /fix? 10 min

You get hit by oncoming traffic, end up on the road, a mod kick-teleports all vehicles involved to clear up the road? 10 min.

 

Do you realize how many people are going to be fed up with this, just leave and never come back?

Take a wild guess when the convoy game mode was released....(and no, steam users at the same time did not decrease)
 

image.thumb.png.b20c7fcdf6b290caf9465f2f2a61b0ad.png

 

 

 

Firstly when you automatically get disconnected from the server, you do not need to go back to the launchpad you can simply type game into the console and reconnect within 30 seconds

 

Secondly, my suggestion has got nothing to do with automatically being kicked for high ping. My suggestion is to have a system where moderators that kick players can select so many minutes before they are able to reconnect.. the theory behind this is that when they are less moderators about drivers who think it’s funny to block CD Road will have to wait longer to rejoin. 

too many times I’ve been on CD Road late at night and although it may be quieter, it is a perfect time for trolls and people who can block for 20 minutes because there’s no moderators online. moderator then comes along and kicks the player then disappears again but that player will literally spawn straight back in 30 to 60 seconds later and do the exact same thing for potentially another 20 minutes. my suggestion is for this purpose. 

 

Also, let’s not forget if you are being kicked by a moderator that technically means you are doing something which is violating the rules, so a cooldown period to rejoin Should be there to stop people trying to “chance it” 

 

If players even get kicked for save editing, does it really matter if they have to wait 5 or 10 minutes before reconnecting? Surely that would give them time to load up single player and sort their save editing out rather than just connect straight back to the server and continue like nothing happened. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Al3ksik said:

The amount of time you get the cooldown for should depend on what you got the kick for. For example if your kicked for not having lights on then there shouldn't be a cooldown at all for that, however if it is something like getting kicked for Reckless Driving then there should be 10-20 minute cooldown.

That is why in my suggestion it literally says “when a moderator kicks you” not when you automatically get kicked for having no lights on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MartinV90 said:

too many times I’ve been on CD Road late at night and although it may be quieter, it is a perfect time for trolls and people who can block for 20 minutes because there’s no moderators online. moderator then comes along and kicks the player then disappears again but that player will literally spawn straight back in 30 to 60 seconds later and do the exact same thing for potentially another 20 minutes. my suggestion is for this purpose.


So if rejoining is as easy as you claim it is, then why don't you disconnect, drive past the "troll" while offline and then reconnect?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, el_blubb said:


So if rejoining is as easy as you claim it is, then why don't you disconnect, drive past the "troll" while offline and then reconnect?

 

But why does that have to be the answer?? Why should it be down to players who just want to enjoy the game to have to disconnect  to get past a troll? To be honest if everybody did that, it would cause more carnage as everybody would be coming out of ghost mode at roughly the same time.. 

 

My suggestion is based on the fact that there was is no actual punishment for people that will block for like 20 minutes. It moderators can’t monitor the game 24/7 then you need systems in place to prevent/reduce things like this happening. 
 

TMP has gone too soft with “Trolls”, the community as a whole is just so negative and honestly I have got no plans on returning to TMP in the future unless there is dramatic change. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, el_blubb said:

Log in to Calais/Duisburg and get immediately kicked because the game engine can't handle loading map and traffic at once? Wait 10min.

High ping? Congrats, you now gotta wait 10 min to rejoin

No headlights? Congrats, you now gotta wait another 10 min.

Got kicked while pulling over due to IRL issues, and didn't move for too long? Congrats, wait another 10 min

You drive past one of the xxx barriers to pull over and not block traffic, a mod comes along and kicks you for driving out of boundaries? 10 min.

Pulled over, your trailer too close to the road, 'cause you wanna change the radio station real quick you're listening to or because you wanna wait a minute to use /fix? 10 min

You get hit by oncoming traffic, end up on the road, a mod kick-teleports all vehicles involved to clear up the road? 10 min.

That wasn't the point of this suggestion?
It's about real people who are breaking the rules softly. For them it's just a quick rejoin and they don't really think about it. If you got kicked for a broken rule, it is totally okay in my upinion to wait 5-10 minutens before reconnect.

 

4 hours ago, el_blubb said:

Do you realize how many people are going to be fed up with this, just leave and never come back?

I don't understand why it is a bad thing that rulebreakers leave the server? I think that TruckersMP have enough fair players for the game to exist.

 

Nobody said, that you have to wait 10 minutes for a headlight or a high ping.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

You can't be kicked by the server itself. That is a moderator's | volunteer's choice. In this case the player probably deserved it and it acts as a warning. This is 1st.

If you become disconnected due to loss of connection, then try another server. If we strictly speak about "Sim 1", then the loss of connection is due to 2 factors - too low fps or you Internet is snail slow. Again, just change the server OR... get a better PC and at least 500 to 800Mbps Internet, if you don't live in Central Europe.

Problems solved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.