What do you think of the new Duisburg?

How do you like the new Duisburg?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the new Duisburg?

• Great job SCS
    • I prefer what TMP had

10 hours ago, Begonia_三指解扣 said:

The old C-D road has existed for a long time. It’s time to update some new content.

Once they update Belgium, that deals with 50% of the road. Once they update Netherlands, that deals with the other 50%. But, i suspect they are revamping Luxembourg before they do Belgium.

New Duisburg looks more realistic. The structures, environment and rail systems in the city make the city more realistic. However, we will see in the future how this new city will work in TMP and whether it will be able to handle the driver density and how the entrance and exit to the city will be.

On 4/25/2024 at 2:37 AM, InsanoDeath said:

I guess SCS did what TMP did earlier 😅

I would argue this is not the case.  SCS is busy rebuilding their map to better simulating/emulate real life locations. TMP's rendition is based on who's playing the game. TMP went out of their way to purposefully design a city centered entirely around the players in a very successful attempt to keep heavy truck traffic flowing in and out of the city with few to no delays. If you didn't experience the nightmare that was the old Duisburg, you'll know what I'm talking about. If you want a current hint at how bad old Duisburg is, look at Calais today.

I agree @Snow Sheltie with you on this. SCS's criteria for designing and organizing cities are different from those of the TMP team. We need multi-user ready roads for these cities. Scs may have made the city more realistic with this update, but we will see how 100 drivers will act in that city at the same time, if the city becomes TMP after the update.

It's not whether it's before or after the update, it's that SCS is doing what TruckersMP did over and over again, probably with different philosophies from each team, and the quality of what they're doing is great. Still waiting to see if TruckersMP recognizes the existence of the city after the SCS update. If it exists, it's about to be an area of new traffic congestion.

Want to play a game together? https://truckersmp.com/

Feedback system? https://truckersmp.com/feedback/create

If you want to report it?https://truckersmp.com/reports/create

Truckers/3D

I think change is always good, I think it looks good, let's see, we are waiting eagerly. 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------