0.1.5 R4 has been released.

mwl4

To me it doesn't really matter whether the speedlimiter is there or not, but I hope that this update will work as way to unite the players again. Anyways, I made a short trip past Rotterdam and noticed that the "city border" stretches quite far, and also includes the highway going to Amsterdam. Maybe this was done on purpose due to it being Rotterdam, but this causes us to be limited to 60 on this highway, while the speedlimit is actually 80 or so. Just thought it was worth mentioning. 

Hopefully with this patch the devs might just have struck the ideal compromise between the two 'factions'.

The realism fans have got a major improvement in that cities are no longer 90 kph but 60 kph, a significant drop in speed and one that makes city driving a lot more realistic feeling.

The gameplay fans have got an improvement in that the country is no longer 90 kph but 110 kph, enabling better progress to made if a player wants to, but without being so fast that it becomes difficult to handle the truck and/or cause a nuisance to other players.

I think it has to go down the compromise route because from looking at player numbers over the past days (and even before GTA V), it's becoming obvious that most of the time the numbers aren't large enough to justify separate servers, especially with the problem created by having only 1/3 to 1/2 full servers, of lack of involvement and multiplay when you drive an empty world.

So, let's hope this might work in everyone's favour (or at least, the majority anyway).

Felt good doing 110. It's still relaxing, but not so relaxing that it makes me doze off on long freeway journeys.

Thanks for the update.

nice patch good job guys

now to all who cry the whole time

show me a truck with 750 hp wich is limted down to 80 max .... show me this one .. there is none the drivers need to drive the max speed on there own .. if they wanted to, they could drive 150 (if possible with load)

without or a high speed limit its more realistic and this is what a simulator is about ... if u dont want this then go play driving simulator or what ever but stop crying about the speed limit .. i want an realistic simulation if i play an SIMULATOR and nothing else .. no speed cap or high speed cap like its now is MORE REALISTIC as without now its MORE a SIMULATION

thanks devs i hope u remove the speedlimit forever soon ...

Thank God the limiter is 110 instead of that stupid 120. Though I still think 100 KM/h would be way more than enough. But I am fine with 110 KM/h, I guess. Better than the other options, at least.

If 110 ain't enough, you really need to be playing THE CREW.

1. Buy me "the crew" I'll leave

2. Do 90 in non rush hour you'll get a ticket for being too slow in USA and Canada on highways unless stated.

3. 110 is not fast 90+mph is fast. 120(75mph) should be highways max.

110 is fine by me but seriously tho, STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IS SAFE AND NORMAL IN EVERY DAY LIFE! No cop will give you a ticket if you are going 120. 125+ yes but not 120 in a 100 zone

My biggest issue with the update is the eu2 part nothing else, eu2 should not of had the highway part enabled. Other than that it's a great update

• Upvote 1

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

2. Do 90 in non rush hour you'll get a ticket for being too slow in USA and Canada on highways unless stated.

1. It's your problem that you bought the wrong game for "excitement".  Despite it being your fault, you have the audacity to feel entitled to degrade other peoples'  gaming experience. :rolleyes:

2. Do you even know what Europe is?  I guess not.  While I hear the cutoff speed for having to use beacons and hazards is 45mph in parts of N.America?  Getting a ticket for a truck doing 56mph is utter tosh.

For Christ Sake how much I HATE the speed limit arguments. If you want hardcore simulation then go be a truck driver, or just drive 90 km/h. Nothing is stopping you. Also why are you complaining about 60 km/h in towns? Sure it's not realistic but this is a game, and I doubt you go over 60 km/h in towns anyways. It will also reduce crashes caused by speeding in the city.

Now about 110 km/h on highways. If you are a dedicated hardcore simulation guy/girl then just drive at 90 km/h! But some of us aren't that hardcore and would like to drive faster so we can take less time to do deliveries, and in end do more deliveries because we can! This game is made for enjoyment. Partly why SCS removed the limiter, because people didn't like how it restricted them. And after it was removed what happened? People started driving like in NFS to do deliveries faster? NO. Most people just drive a little bit faster to end the deliveries sooner, and still mostly follow traffic laws.

Inthernet:

Ah yes. Because ETS2MP has many many cars on the road, so many real lives are at stake if we leave the 110 km/h limiter! And it's incredible how much people do that, I see one like every minute!

in my opinion the perfect 110km this could be up to 120km more yet this perfect

already the 3 servers with this limiter and of course most will play in the main server and the first that the Europe # 1

the other 2 servers is empty inves vain to spend money with the 3 servers so could leave 1 online server and the host mellhorar increase the slots 2300 to 3000

Ah yes. Because ETS2MP has many many cars on the road, so many real lives are at stake if we leave the 110 km/h limiter! And it's incredible how much people do that, I see one like every minute!

I completely agree!  Even with 90km/h, I've had way too many people wanting to kiss my truck the french way!  The "Idiots on the Road" series is now up to Part 54(!), which completely supports your point of view!

When I drove a lot more often, before the limiter in ETS2MP was even a thing, It was rare that somebody blocked/trolled/rammed me. I'd mostly see one or two every few days... (take in fact I've been all over the map, and many times on the most used highway between Rotterdam and Warsaw) So I'm wondering with a 110 km/h limiter is such a bad thing...

The 110km/h is probably a good thing, I hope it spreads out the players more.  We'll soon find out.

This was my worst nightmare in the non-speed limiter days and was harder to be defend against.  I made this video back in August 2014 as it was already public knowledge among griefers, but not among legitimate drivers.

• Upvote 3

1. It's your problem that you bought the wrong game for "excitement". Despite it being your fault, you have the audacity to feel entitled to degrade other peoples' gaming experience. :rolleyes:

2. Do you even know what Europe is? I guess not. While I hear the cutoff speed for having to use beacons and hazards is 45mph in parts of N.America? Getting a ticket for a truck doing 56mph is utter tosh.

1. I bought the right game, I'm making a point about all those who complain either way of the limiter.

2. I know what Europe is. Trucks can get pulled over & possibly ticketed for being "too slow" on a motor way while maybe not 90 for specific loads but normal box style trailers they can and I've seen.

3. That moron lied about his license. And every person who entered that intersection w/o looking deserved to die including the pedestrians.Go ask nerd³ how I drive ok? I'm sure they have me recorded... or maybe crazy for iPhone ask them...

If they increased highway speed to 120 I'm happy. Hell even at 110 I'm content.

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif