TruckersMP 2023 Recap

Guest Pean

Thank you to the TruckersMP team for all the work they have done over the past year.

Thx @Jeroen for pulling all this data together into this massive post. And thx to anyone else who helped.

Thanks again to all the TMP team for their work and time.

A lot of very interesting information here even if we always would like to have more details for some aspects 😁. I can see that TMP is still attracting more and more players. Which should be a good news on paper. At least it shows that TMP is becoming more and more attractive. Unfortunately (for me) when I see that most of the players are still on CD area, I doubt we are attracting simulation players.

As you know I'm most sensitive to the "Driving Safety Enforcement" stats. And here are my observations:

• No feedback about the new Game Moderation strategy put in place back in September 2023 (more than 5 months ago)?!
  • In September when we introduced the new Game Moderation strategy and its reduction to 10 web reports per person, the number of new reports surprisingly stabilised for a couple of weeks while the number of users continued to grow.
    • Unfortunately after a few weeks in October while the number of new players stabilised, the number of new reports grew! Looks like more players submitted more reports (and others could finally post new report again).
    • Then in November both curves continued to grow. 
  • Then when we look at the staff graph we can see that, as announced with the new Game Moderation strategy, a significant amount of Game Moderators have been recruited from September to December. Actually same progression ratio as the number of new players. That sounds good! Unfortunately that didn't have ANY impact on the reports curve and we still have more and more reports! One would expect that if the moderation has any effect, you would have also a reduction in the number of offenses per player. But no.

So even if we have changed the reporting system/limits to reduce the number of web reports. And even if we have more Game Moderators. We still have the same amount of reports per players. No improvement at all as far as I can see ☹️

Here are some interesting stats I would have loved to see and which I hope you will include in the future:

• Curve on the number of reports processed versus the number of reports submitted for web reports and in-game reports.
  • Curve on the average number of active bans per player
  • Curve on the average length of bans given
  • Curve on the number of autokicks since we introduced the system to automatically detect people creating/using a new/second account to evade bans.

Finally while this is just a game and we are primarily here to have fun, I don't find that funny to joke on stats about "rec" or "rec ban" mentions in the chat while in parallel we clearly see that the Game Moderation strategy is NOT working.

• Upvote 2

On 2/2/2024 at 4:01 PM, Jeroen said:

Earlier this year, we achieved the milestone of 5 million registrations!

That milestone will likely shrink to a pebble stone after substracting out multiple registrations of the same user.

Throughout the year, we received a total of 1.4 million reports, with approximately 1.2 million in-game reports and 213K web reports. Together, these resulted in 222K bans (including 5144 permanent bans), with 104K issued retrospectively via web reports and 118K directly in the game.

In other words:: roughly 15 percent of reported players were banned, and 85 percent were permitted to continue violating the rules.

Naptime kicks! A total of 2.1 million kicks happened due to players catching some Zs. Don't snooze too long, or you might lose your spot!

Care to elaborate on how the TruckersMP team surveils their users? It sounds already like a threat to privacy and violation of multiple laws.

Fix it, fix it real good! The most used command? /fix with a whopping 2.9 million times.

A number that is saddening. It implies the continuation of the negative impact on the game experience of many users, caused by misbehaving users.

Nex time, please don't forget to share WHERE the /fix command was applied! I guess a strong tendecy towards certain infamous areas will be notable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

In other words:: roughly 15 percent of reported players were banned, and 85 percent were permitted to continue violating the rules.

Care to elaborate on how the TruckersMP team surveils their users? It sounds already like a threat to privacy and violation of multiple laws.

Those percentages are wrong. It assumes all in-game reports are valid when in reality many are invalid (no violation occurred).

Players that are reported in-game can also be reported via the website. Those reports are all reviewed and a ban would be issued, so they are not permitted to continue violating our rules. Of course they could continue to violate our rules up until they are banned via the website, but the phrasing should be different then. Also, you are not taking into consideration the fact that they could also be banned via live moderation.

I understand the point you are making, though. But making it look like 85% of rule rule breakers will not be banned helps nobody.

In regards to the other question: Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

6 minutes ago, partyaap said:

Those percentages are wrong. It assumes all in-game reports are valid when in reality many are invalid (no violation occurred).

Care to share how many of the 1.4 billion reports made were reagrded as invalid? Otherwise, it only looks like bragging about big numbers.

10 minutes ago, partyaap said:

n regards to the other question: Terms of Service & Privacy Policy

The provided websites do not answer my question. As a matter of fact, they don't contain any term related to napping or sleeping.

So again: how does TruckersMP surveils their user to be able to claim that they were sleeping?

16 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

Care to share how many of the 1.4 billion reports made were reagrded as invalid? Otherwise, it only looks like bragging about big numbers.

The provided websites do not answer my question. As a matter of fact, they don't contain any term related to napping or sleeping.

So again: how does TruckersMP surveils their user to be able to claim that they were sleeping?

Oh I misunderstood the question, my bad. I think the naptime kick is a reference to the AFK timer.

Personally I would care to show you because you made me curious about it as well. But I do not have this information.

• Thanks 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.