2024 Event Content Ideas

Kye.

Hey all, I hope everyone's having a great day/evening!
So recently one of our Community Managers @xBestBBx created a topic about what additions, improvements and features you would like to see come to the TruckersMP platform this year. A lot of truckers comments has inspired me and want to open this topic specifically for the Event side of the platform.

So focusing on Events: What cool and amazing ideas would you love the Event Management Team to bring onto the platform?

(Note: This is a topic to discover everyones thoughts and ideas. I would love the opportunity to hear from you, I am open to having discussions and potentially bringing your ideas and dreams alive.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • HaulieLove 2
  • Woah! 2
  • Awesome! 3

- Ky_James✌

• Kye. changed the title to 2024 Event Content Ideas
  • Kye. featured this topic

The Current Event Management is nearly perfect. However for some Verified VTCs as a feature you may provide Slots / a feature to VTCs to start together with there VTC members.  obviously on a pre booking system. This can further be extended to validated and normal VTCs as well but with specific amount of attendance by them. 

Additionally opening it to normal VTCs may cause spam forms. So for starting we may execute this system just for Verified VTCs to get a special slot whether on road or a specific company in the city. Providing these slots to only forms basis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

INDIAN-TRUCKERS.png

In my opinion, I recommend that you increase the frequency of holding events. If not once a week, you should do it twice a week. This will reduce the players' preference for the D C road only. I definitely say that when you do an event, you should add billboards to the D C road and inform about it. I can guarantee you that you will definitely get more than 50% more participation because the players will participate in the event. They don't know, the content of your current events is good, my suggestion to you is to make evacuations at some points in the events, which will contribute to the number of participants. The current event management is good and lastly, definitely indicate the times of these events by placing a billboard. GOOD DAY.

51 minutes ago, InsanoDeath said:

Verified VTCs as a feature you may provide Slots / a feature to VTCs to start together with there VTC members.

Hello @InsanoDeath, thank you so much for this suggestion.

At this moment in time, we are actually looking at bringing something to the VTC communities. 🤩 You have my word on this.

It is currently not as easy as planned as we have to consider some factors due to the size of our events, however, we will be producing something. But there we can work on the feedback for it.

• Awesome! 3

- Ky_James✌

34 minutes ago, ELDEST said:

Calais Duisburg road like Operation HQ can be rebuilt.

Interesting. If this was to become a project we work on it’ll be way down the line.

I believe that SCS has just released a blog to update an intersection around Duisburg. So I’d wait until then and see what the team thinks. 
But great idea, thanks for sharing 👍

11 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Any event similar to Operation HQ, involving a number of deliveries.

Hey Foobrother,

Interesting idea. What’s your current opinions on TMP HQ at this moment. 
Would you like to see any improvements to it?

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

- Ky_James✌

I hope there will be another event similar to the construction of TruckersMP HQ

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

14 hours ago, Kye. said:

So focusing on Events: What cool and amazing ideas would you love the Event Management Team to bring onto the platform?

Here is my idea:
Conduct an annual Truck Driving Championship  alternating between Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, where truck drivers compete in navigating a course in different categories, for example:

• operate a truck with a single trailer or without a trailer
  • operate a truck with a single trailer and three axles
  • operate a truck with a single trailer and four axles
  • operate a truck with a single trailer and five axles
  • operate a tanker trucks, which carry liquids
  • operate a flatbed truck
  • operate a tractor-trailer combination with two trailers

Requirements:

Applicant must have an accident-free record for 12 months prior to entry and participation

References:

https://www.trucking.org/national-truck-driving-championships

• Upvote 3
  • HaulieLove 1

2 hours ago, Kye. said:

Hey Foobrother,

Interesting idea. What’s your current opinions on TMP HQ at this moment. 
Would you like to see any improvements to it?

If I'm completely honest, since the end of Operation HQ, TMP HQ has become just another city on the map. I don't see anything special which would make it a special place where players would go regularly. And as far as I can see, looking at the density of players there, I'm not the only player with that view.

But if you would like people to be more present around TMP HQ, I would maybe have companies in this city providing unique cargos (preferably visible on the road by other players like the TMP master truckers cargos) only available in that city.

Then, as mentioned earlier, you could also create a week/month long event where people have to make numbers of deliveries of these special cargos to various cities in Europe. You could think of TMP HQ move or expansion to other locations.

Also, you could also do contextual events. i.e. Tour de France where people need to transport all the TDF logistic from one stage to another.

6070535681348a37c4b5615802960392005d2213

Or the European tour of Taylor Swift etc... 😂 

swift.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hey, Kye, How are you today? 

My suggestion is to give some permissions to event creators as much as possible, such as kick, because when we organize events, the last thing we want to see is someone messing up, and some members who can't contact GM team will be helpless at this time and don't know how to deal with it, which will make them lose the confidence to create events for the second time, which is the first and second point. As much as possible to provide activities for the real operation of this kind of event staff can drive the real operation of the vehicle, such as police cars, only have access to the event server, after entering S1 will be kicked out, because there are many people who want to organize the real operation of this type of event, but without the help of the GM team, these are my two suggestions, Hope to be of use to the TruckersMP Event!

Kind regards

TCG-Mysterious Phoenix

• Haha 1
  • Awesome! 1

Hello, everyone, if you have any questions about TCG Team, you can contact me. I'm Phoenix TMP

6 minutes ago, TCG-Mysterious Phoenix said:

My suggestion is to give some permissions to event creators as much as possible, such as kick, because when we organize events, the last thing we want to see is someone messing up, and some members who can't contact GM team will be helpless at this time and don't know how to deal with it, which will make them lose the confidence to create events for the second time, which is the first and second point. As much as possible to provide activities for the real operation of this kind of event staff can drive the real operation of the vehicle, such as police cars, only have access to the event server, after entering S1 will be kicked out, because there are many people who want to organize the real operation of this type of event, but without the help of the GM team, these are my two suggestions, Hope to be of use to the TruckersMP Event!

Kind regards

TCG-Mysterious Phoenix

Reply: When an activity creator gets kick permission and abuses it in the event server, the VTC or that person's requested event feature can be blocked

• Like 2

Hello, everyone, if you have any questions about TCG Team, you can contact me. I'm Phoenix TMP

Without GM support or Event Manager, it is really hard to run convoys, like for the server announcement and to kick a person ruining the convoy, etc., so maybe tmp can give event team atleast perm to kick and mandatory at least one event team member or GM to join the server, adding perm to kick to event team will also lower the load of GM if they are unable to join event servers.

And to the Content side, right now i guess you guys are working perfectly, maybe increase the frequency of official convoys, we enjoy a lot in these convoys.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2/2/2024 at 4:14 PM, TCG-Mysterious Phoenix said:

My suggestion is to give some permissions to event creators as much as possible

Hi Phoenix, I am doing great thank you, hope you are well!

I would just like to say, I think you have stated a really good idea. By this, it would release a lot of pressure from the Game Moderation team and other parts of our system.

However, this is something neither an EM/GMM would consider implementing due to the severity of the perms being given to event organisers. It would become an issue sooner than later.

Again, I want to thank you for your idea though, keep them coming. :HaulieLove:

• Like 1

- Ky_James✌

Apologies if this is more of a general suggestion rather than event-related. I think this could be done as an event once in a while, but also as something automatically implemented/changed periodically so ... hear me out. 

If it is possible: Random detours/closures of roads. Specifically around C-D. 

I think random moments of closure/detours would spice things up! If not total closures, then just detours. 

Of course, we could also add toll gates but I think many people wouldn't be in favour 😄 to/from  C-D entrance/exits. This could actually make traffic inside the cities much less chaotic. As for outside the cities: It might reduce amount of overtaking/ramming/incorrect overtaking if - whether or not you are in the front of the line or the back of the line - you still have to pass a toll gate to enter/exit the city. 

You could also increase/decrease toll amounts on time of day .. but I'll stop here because this would cross over more into a general 'suggestion'. 

Hey, @Kye. , yeah, yeah, I'm here to give advice again. How are you today?

I have two new suggestions that I want to tell you about

1. Event Founder/Event Superviso can be open to the tpc authority similar to that of game moderators, which allows them to manage events much faster
2. It can be open for Event Founder/Event Superviso to be able to drive police cars. Why would I put this point up, because when the server is night, if there is an accident in front, players can see the police cars quickly, which also gives players time to react

These are my two suggestions that I hope will be useful for TruckersMP's Event function!

Kind regards

TCG-Mysterious Phoenix

Proposed by: @TCG-Mysterious Phoenix & @Gavin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome! 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Kye. unfeatured this topic