Reports again for 14 days instead of 7 or information about another report

[GER] Hecki

Suggestion Name: Reports again for 14 days instead of 7

Suggestion Description: Reports can be written for 14 days

Why should it be added?:

Wouldn't it have been better to leave the time at 14 days?
This would not change the numbers of the reports (10), but you would have more time to see whether a potential report was still necessary at all.
I have always written my reports after 10-12 days, because many players have already been banned during this time and therefore many reports were superfluous.

Now, with only 7 days left, it's a bit short, and this increases the likelihood of reports being written pointlessly if there is already a report against the same player.

*edit: If you want to keep the 7 days, it would of course also be possible to provide information when creating a report that there are already active reports against the player.
Then support can take as long as it wants.

report.jpg

Edited by #fahrnünftig-Hecki [GER]
additional suggestion added
  • Upvote 2

@#fahrnünftig-Hecki [GER]

Hello! It's like this, 1.4 of the rule reduces 14 days to 7 days. This means that you must submit a report within 7 days from the day you were hit. Otherwise, it will be regarded as an invalid video. (For example: A hit you on December 27th, and you must upload a report during January 2nd, 2024.) It doesn't mean that the number of days to wait is only 7 days. As for me, I also had such a problem a few days ago, and I only understood it after being answered by the superior department. This 7 is the 7 days on behalf of the person you want to report on which day, not the 7-day limit for the game team to view the report.

The report system still lets you create a report within 16 days. Take me for example. I've said i was reporting players during my Novemeber 2023 sessions. Never bothered to extract the reports to file them. It's best to make the report within a couple of days. Even if the user is banned, if your POV is of a different encounter, they will add your evidence onto their ban.

You must Report the within 7 Days after the incident occures. As Example, the Incident happen at January 1st 0:00 UTC then your Report must be up to the Report System, with a Valid Evidence, between 1st January 0:01 UTC and 7th January 23:59 UTC! If your 10 Report Slots are used and you have no free Slot within this 7 Days to upload a Report in Time, then the Perpetrator having a "Get out of Jail for Free Card" and can not be punished, cause of the actual TruckersMP Rules! 

At the Moment, the estimated waiting Time, till a Report is regular claimed by Moderator is 10 - 21 Days! The only Chance that you not have to wait this Long, if some of your uploaded Reports will be claimed earlier, if the Perpetrator gets banned In-Game or by another Report that were made in Past!

Thats why the Suggestion were made to increase the Time to Upload a Valid Report should be increased to 14 Days, based on the waiting Time!

5 minutes ago, Jeremy0411 said:

You need to file a report within 7 days, and the report is valid for 14 days

Is your report created within the 7 valid Days, then it doesnt Matter how long it takes to be claimed by Moderator. The Report is valid, even if it needs 4 weeks till a Moderator taking a look at!

• Thanks 1

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

6 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

The report system still lets you create a report within 16 days. Take me for example. I've said i was reporting players during my Novemeber 2023 sessions. Never bothered to extract the reports to file them. It's best to make the report within a couple of days. Even if the user is banned, if your POV is of a different encounter, they will add your evidence onto their ban.

That's for sure, but the person already has a ban.
And with only 10 numbers of reports, it is unnecessary to extend the ban.
It would be better to offer the free seat to a player who is still free to drive around with his misconduct.

20 minutes ago, #fahrnünftig-Hecki [GER] said:

That's for sure, but the person already has a ban.

If you wish to report a User that is already banned, you can do so. Your evidence get's added to the ban reason and if needed, the ban lenght will be adjusted. You don't need to wait until their ban has expired before you report them, whereas the 7 days are more than enough in my opinion. 

• True Story 1

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

10 minutes ago, Fast-rider said:

If you wish to report a User that is already banned, you can do so. Your evidence get's added to the ban reason and if needed, the ban lenght will be adjusted. You don't need to wait until their ban has expired before you report them, whereas the 7 days are more than enough in my opinion. 

That wasn't the point at all.
Low Horsepower Truck summarized it very well here:

And I don't want anyone banned after their ban has expired either, but someone who hasn't been banned yet.

2 hours ago, #fahrnünftig-Hecki [GER] said:

It would be better to offer the free seat to a player who is still free to drive around with his misconduct.

If they didn't learn from their ban, that's on them. If none of the involved players don't file a report, that lets the misconduct player roam the server and cause havoc that is against the rules. GTA Online exists for misconduct.

6 hours ago, Bеаn said:

The rules state: "Reports must be filed no later than seven days after an incident has occurred.". 

Therefore, I don't understand this. 

I see they made a change to it.

• You cannot create a report because you have not been in game for over than 7 days and thus your evidence would not be valid regarding the rule about reporting users!

In the past, it was like this:

image.png?ex=6596e23d&is=65846d3d&hm=b1e

When you went to create a new report, you were given the option to file it up to 16 days from the offense.

21 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

In the past, it was like this:

image.png?ex=6596e23d&is=65846d3d&hm=b1e

When you went to create a new report, you were given the option to file it up to 16 days from the offense.

In the past, you could file a report with evidence that was filmed no more than 14 days ago. And that just shows you don't read the rules. The datepicker simply wasn't updated to reflect the new rules for a while.

• [GER] Hecki changed the title to Reports again for 14 days instead of 7 or information about another report