Leveling System for TMP Accounts in game

Sunstrider

Suggestion Name: Leveling System for TMP Accounts in game

Suggestion Description: I am basing my idea off Phasmophobia's Ascension update & COD/Battlefield Leveling Systems. With how the game is setup currently, new accounts just need 2 hours to be able to join and a money cheat to buy a Skoda & Repair all the damage they inflict on their car. And we all know a certain Compact Disc where this thrives daily.

How the leveling system works in those mentioned games. As you complete games, earning both money and experience, you level up as the experience has a gradual incline to achieve to allow the next level to be unlocked. Additionally, things are locked until you reach said level. Once you reach the max level in a tier, you can prestige to gain a tier and do it all over again.

The idea i'm proposing to TMP.

1. Generate each account a server locked profile and deny access to previous profiles. This puts everyone on the same level.
  2. Prompt the account which Truck Brand they would like to drive. This gives them a low spec truck. The first gearbox, the first engine, the first tire option, and so fourth.
  3. Give everybody the same starting city in the free part of the map (Map Expansions only add area's to visit).
  4. Take the Quick Job aspect but apply the trailer as Freight Market. This allows players to drive the map but will have an attached trailer.
  5. The player must deliver the trailer to the destination and drop it.
  6. Each trailer has a bonus multiplier. It's an incentive and an added reward for completion.
    > Damage. x5: 0%. x4: 1% to 15%. x3: 16% to 40%. x2: 41% to 75%. x1: 76% to 99%. x0: 100%.
    > Time. The faster you complete the job, the more you get. Up to x10.0, with 0.2 dropping for every 3 IRL hours passed. If you want to arrive 20 years from now, no bonus.
  7. If the player decides not to complete the job and just drives around, if the player gets in debt, they are given 48 hours to fix it. If not, a 2 week ban. Once the ban is up, their money is reset to $0.
    > The ban can't be appealed.
  8. 7 repeats until the player wants to make progress.
  9. As the player accumulates enough experience, they level up. Each level up can allow something the player can use.
    > Level 2: Owned Skins are unlocked. Has access to a new cargo type (Fragile Cargo). New Truck Part (A Better Engine).
    > Level 3: New Truck Part (A Better Tire). New Cargo Type (Heavy).
    > You get the idea. Make each level reward the player with something that can make the new level for like something different, but not giving top tier items until Level 70 at early levels.
  10. Once the player reaches Level 100, they have the option to prestige. Or to keep on earning money. Experience stops coming at Level 100.
  11. Upon Prestiging, the player gains a tier and is reset to Level 1. Which will reset their vehicle back to stock to repeat the leveling process.
  12. 10 & 11 repeat until a max is met.
  13. An icon of the prestige level is put on the player's name and in the tab list.
    > Players can still be reported for a driving infraction. Debt is a surefire ban.
    > Being in debt in the current game only takes your assets equal to the debt amount. Which might not even be the troll vehicle.
  14. Skoda isn't unlocked until Prestige 20. Staff get the Police Car at Prestige 0, Level 1. Because Staff won't abuse it.
    > The bus isn't unlocked until Prestige 3.
    > Alternating Vehicles aren't unlocked until: Normal (Prestige 20). Patron (Prestige 7).

Any example images: 

s35oGkWhVeiEaUvol28yPxUw6ytOwNnbdnyj9nRN

This is Battlefield Hardline's Prestige Icons. Which uses suits from a deck of cards.

0801FDC9ED94A7749983F69477A6130E165C2145

This is Phasmophobia's Prestige.

> The concept is that the tiers are based on things about the game itself. TMP can use truck brands, trailers, cargos, and other things about the game and the platform. A higher tier could be about CD. The Max Tier could be cooler looking TMP Logo (Maybe Golden?).

Why should it be added?: By adding this system, it has perks:

• If they don't want the ban from being in debt, they will drive better and actually make progress.
  • The base game kinda has this system in place. But there's really nothing to show for your progress and dedication. Whether you're level 5 or level 5 million.
  • There's really no incentive to keep doing jobs once you reach good money and have everything you want. At that point, it's just a visual for CD Traffic. Or, for a VTC Job Log.
  • Trolls may reconsider going Doomsday Mode when their server save is also bound to the same steam account.
  • Upvote 8
  • HaulieCry 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you @Sunstrider for your detailed suggestion, 🙏

Some parts of it have been suggested in the past. In particular

• server-sided non-tweakable player profiles,
  • start profile with a defined level, amount of money and truck configuration.

As you have described, this would require the player to level their way up and earn money by successfully completing jobs. Just as it is intended and how it has to be done in singleplayer.

I'd expect that it would make players drive more defensive and less reckless, because once all the money has been spend for repairs, they won't drive anywhere anymore.

I must however oppose the idea of rewarding players for fast deliveries.

While this is a thing in singleplayer where AI traffic manages to drive quite adequate, the risk of encouraging player in multiplayer to drive at excessive speed to gain bonuses increases the risk of causing accidents exorbitantly.

Besides of that, the suggested system of achievements and rewards could give players in TruckersMP a more reasonable task than driving back and forth athe same road all day long.

I hope your suggestion will be considered and implemented by the TruckersMP team.

And as soon as I can, I will give you my upvote for it.

• Upvote 2
  • Awesome! 1

15 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Thank you @Sunstrider for your detailed suuggestion, 🙏

Some parts of it have been suggested in the past. In particular

• server-sided non-tweakable player profiles,
  • start profile with a defined level, amount of money and truck configuration.

As you have described, this would require the player to level their way up and earn money by successfully completing jobs. Just as it is intended and how it has to be done in singleplayer.

I'd expect that it would make players drive more defensive and less reckless, because once all the money has been spend for repairs, they won't drive anywhere anymore.

I must however oppose the idea of rewarding players for fast deliveries.

While this is a thing in singleplayer where AI traffic manages to drive quite adequate, the risk of encouraging player in multiplayer to drive at excessive speed to gain bonuses increases the risk of causing accidents exorbitantly.

Besides of that, the suggested system of achievements and rewards could give players in TruckersMP a more reasonable task than driving back and forth athe same road all day long.

I hope your suggestion will be considered and implemented by the TruckersMP team.

And as soon as I can, I will give you my upvote for it.

The time aspect gives you 3 hours at a time to do the job before subtracting 0.2 off the multiplier. Which adds up to 50 hours before you get no bonus. And remember, time goes at a slower rate on the server then it does in single player. As long as the player can handle 110 and do a safe pass, it's fine by me if they want to get their full multiplier. Otherwise, not doing the job won't reward the time bonus. And when you want the levels for better things, you'll want all the bonuses and help you can get.

• 2 months later...

I do like the idea but indeed but as @blabberbeak mentioned i am also against the fast deliveries bonus as that will only incentive players into racing thus making them more prone to cause accidents.

also maybe an idea is to have this only enabled for SIM 1 maybe and have SIM 2 be as of olds.

this way you dont force this onto people and give them the choice to play with this setting or not.

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2024 at 7:29 PM, [IMP] Rimuru Tempest said:

I do like the idea but indeed but as @blabberbeak mentioned i am also against the fast deliveries bonus as that will only incentive players into racing thus making them more prone to cause accidents.

also maybe an idea is to have this only enabled for SIM 1 maybe and have SIM 2 be as of olds.

this way you dont force this onto people and give them the choice to play with this setting or not.

It's not to reward racing. It's to reward those who decide to aim for the delivery point, instead of just carrying it around for who knows how long. There's a late penalty that screws over those who decide to show up 5 years from now. Gives them an incentive to finish the job and pick up another.

Think of it as a delivery bonus for being efficient.

• Like 1

First of all, Sorry about my Languages. English is not my Basic Language. 

I like this Idea but... skip or deny all those "Gainings" and "Unlooking" feature. Tbh I would leave and cancel Patrons, I playing TMP since 2015 and don't want to restart completely from the beginning. Just add XP, Levels & Prestige plus all those Icons. That would looks really nice. 

I would recommend to get XP by driving goods to destination (Finishing). No matter which Goods just depending by Weight and Distance, Keep the XP Rates very low should be more challanging (also gets Penalties by Damaging the Good). Driving without Goods and without Finishing any Delivery gets no XP. 

I also see another Problem. If I am myself, i immediately would try to get the highest Prestige Rank by reloading the Auto Save and finish my route (like +2500 km and 30 Tons) in periode. This should also be denied too. 

But all around. Great Idea. 👍

spacer.png