Jump to content

Simulation?


polgbx

Recommended Posts

What's the point on having a server called simulation when it's basically a server full of kids that the only thing they know is to go 110kmh ruining everybody's "experience"? It keeps getting worse and worse, and tbh admins don't really do anything about it.
There's literally 0 servers where you can drive like a normal human being and not be rammed or crashed or whatever you wanna call it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, polgbx said:

@_europeantrucks_ what you said literally makes no sense mate

90% of the game map is empty. its still far away from simulation if u drive through ghosttowns/ghosthiways.... 110 isnt even unrealistic for a truck in general with no heavy weight... whats worse are the people who use the new daf xd and drive the 60 ton trainwhich is far from realism too

singleplayer is by far more realistic

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's been suggested by me and others. To return the server to the name "Simulation". Because nothing about CD is a Simulation in anyway. As it's been shown, the staff only give in to what the majority of the community want. Which is what CD is, the majority of the community doing the same nonsense day after day.

 

Go into any DLC areas, or away from CD, and you have not CD. Additionally, using the map, you can see the empty servers to play on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, _europeantrucks_ said:

whats worse are the people who use the new daf xd and drive the 60 ton trainwhich is far from realism too

What is worse: a 400bhp truck pulling slowly a 60T cargo? Or a 750bhp truck with a semi-trailer taking sharp curves at 110km/h?

 

4 hours ago, _europeantrucks_ said:

singleplayer is by far more realistic

I agree

 

3 hours ago, L-DR@GO said:

Here we go again 👀

Maybe try to understand why so many different players are regularly making the same complaint instead of telling them to go where you don't meet anybody.

 

2 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

It's been suggested by me and others. To return the server to the name "Simulation". Because nothing about CD is a Simulation in anyway. As it's been shown, the staff only give in to what the majority of the community want. Which is what CD is, the majority of the community doing the same nonsense day after day.

Yes indeed!

And we are still waiting for any effect of the "new moderation strategy". Personally I regularly go back to CD to check the situation. And it's just getting worse! My web reports are not processed any faster. I have one report waiting to be reviewed for more than 2 weeks. And the report system status is not even at its worst level ("Heavy" instead of "Very Heavy"). When it will be at "Very Heavy" might need to wait 4 weeks or more to get them processed 😂

And my in-game reports are still timing out. I can see some mods kicking some players driving in the grass or overtaking queues but that's all. They don't check the reports 😞

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, _europeantrucks_ said:

90% of the game map is empty. its still far away from simulation if u drive through ghosttowns/ghosthiways.... 110 isnt even unrealistic for a truck in general with no heavy weight... whats worse are the people who use the new daf xd and drive the 60 ton trainwhich is far from realism too

singleplayer is by far more realistic

 

nowhere in europe is running trucks at 110kmh

have you ever driven a truck irl?

  • True Story 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Maybe try to understand why so many different players are regularly making the same complaint instead of telling them to go where you don't meet anybody

 

What is old simulation

That someone will not rest.

 

Was there no chaos back then?

Was CD chaos-free?

Or yall just want people to be banned

For the dumbest reasons 

What do you expect where there is always traffic... 

Even in realism, where there is traffic that's exactly where you will see different idiots on the road..

You will see some of them fighting in the middle of the Road.

Making Traffic worse 

 

The only thing, on CD that's not part of realism.

"Trolls and Hackers"

You see trolls using ghost mode to knock drivers off the road.

But mind you, in real life, there are some careless drivers like that.

lots of people are in the hospital today because of such drivers but you don't see such drivers every day.

When yall say there is no realism in TMP what realism are you talking about?

 

if you say single-player is more of a simulation to you.

Then what are you waiting for?

Off you go 🤪

 

" CD has always been

And will always be CD "

 

And mind you:

If y'all are using steering wheel

You should no that some use keyboard..

So there driving experience will be different from yours,it's not going to be smooth like yours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, polgbx said:

What's the point on having a server called simulation when it's basically a server full of kids that the only thing they know is to go 110kmh ruining everybody's "experience"? It keeps getting worse and worse, and tbh admins don't really do anything about it.
There's literally 0 servers where you can drive like a normal human being and not be rammed or crashed or whatever you wanna call it.

 

 

The TruckersMP team increased the speed limit for all vehicles to 150 km/h, invited back permanently banned players, and softened the game rules.

They officially turned away from simulation and towards arcade.

 

Therefore: delivered as ordered.

 

 

 

11 hours ago, L-DR@GO said:

Here we go again 👀

It's a very big map 

 

Explore and let CD rest for a while 

 

Many of us simulation fans would love to follow your advice, if the rest of the map wasn't deserted.

 

But the TruckersMP team doesn't support the minority of their community, and waste time and ressources to tweak issues of the road between Duisburg and Calais instead of implementing e.g. AI traffic (based on traffic volume).

 

The only way to make our voices not only being heard but also taken serious and respected is to bring up our interests over and over again.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Foobrother said:

What is worse: a 400bhp truck pulling slowly a 60T cargo? Or a 750bhp truck with a semi-trailer taking sharp curves at 110km/h?

 

I agree

 

Maybe try to understand why so many different players are regularly making the same complaint instead of telling them to go where you don't meet anybody.

 

Yes indeed!

And we are still waiting for any effect of the "new moderation strategy". Personally I regularly go back to CD to check the situation. And it's just getting worse! My web reports are not processed any faster. I have one report waiting to be reviewed for more than 2 weeks. And the report system status is not even at its worst level ("Heavy" instead of "Very Heavy"). When it will be at "Very Heavy" might need to wait 4 weeks or more to get them processed 😂

And my in-game reports are still timing out. I can see some mods kicking some players driving in the grass or overtaking queues but that's all. They don't check the reports 😞

thank you 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, L-DR@GO said:

if you say single-player is more of a simulation to you.

Then what are you waiting for?

Off you go 🤪

That's a good point. I indeed regularly play single for the reasons you pointed. AI traffic is much more realistic when it comes to reckless driving, speed, road rules respect etc...

But after a while you want to interact with humans to see modified trucks, variety of cargos, more random moves (not talking about reckless driving), and discussions/reactions.

 

6 hours ago, L-DR@GO said:

" CD has always been

And will always be CD "

Here is the list of the last 5 players I reported (reported this month, obviously!):

Member since: 01 Nov 2021 18:54
Active bans: 4

Member since: 21 Nov 17:37
Active bans: 0

Member since: 18 Nov 15:14
Active bans: 0

Member since: 17 Nov 17:07
Active bans: 0

Member since: 31 Oct 18:08
Active bans: 0

If TMP had the courage to restrict the SIM1 server access to players members for more than 2 months and with less than 3 active bans I can guarantee CD wouldn't be as crazy as it is now!

These new players are either passing players who will play for a couple of month for "fun" trolling and doing everything but driving properly. And they will get bored after a few months and leave. Or I'm convinced many are just new accounts from players evading bans using new Steam accounts (most of them have brand new Steam accounts).

 

6 hours ago, L-DR@GO said:

And mind you:

If y'all are using steering wheel

You should no that some use keyboard..

So there driving experience will be different from yours,it's not going to be smooth like yours.

I'm actually playing using a keyboard as well. But it wouldn't cross my mind to try racing or driving as fast as a player with a steering wheel. You need to drive within the limits of your capacity and truck capabilities (and obviously while following the game rules).

I don't mind people breaking or accelerating hard (I drive with enough security distance). But I expect them to control their truck while driving like that. How many do I see crashing into each other when there is a sudden stop, because they are following each other like F1s on a race track!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, _europeantrucks_ said:

i know most are regulated to 90 but 110 is definitly easy possible for the engine... wasnt it van herk who drove 170 in reallife? i still know old scania 4 series which goes 120

Obviously trucks can go more than 90kmh, but there's a thing called laws and at least where I live they must follow them because there's a lot of road traffic controls where they check absolutely everything.
But this post is not about people just speeding, I don't really mind that. How many people do you see overtaking when it's safe to do it, how many people do you see just crashing into other drivers, how many people doesn't even respect traffic lights or stop signs or give away signs whatever there is, nobody cares. That's what this post was about

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, polgbx said:

Obviously trucks can go more than 90kmh, but there's a thing called laws and at least where I live they must follow them because there's a lot of road traffic controls where they check absolutely everything.
But this post is not about people just speeding, I don't really mind that. How many people do you see overtaking when it's safe to do it, how many people do you see just crashing into other drivers, how many people doesn't even respect traffic lights or stop signs or give away signs whatever there is, nobody cares. That's what this post was about

tbh i dont really care about the traffic lights either but only when no ones around... overtaking is an issue on the dc road i agree and im also not a big fan of it doing it myself... dont get me wrong but for me driving 110 is definitly possible on that road, maybe slow down here and there on corners. after around 1000h tmp expirience im here without a single ban

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, _europeantrucks_ said:

tbh i dont really care about the traffic lights either but only when no ones around... overtaking is an issue on the dc road i agree and im also not a big fan of it doing it myself... dont get me wrong but for me driving 110 is definitly possible on that road, maybe slow down here and there on corners. after around 1000h tmp expirience im here without a single ban

Yup, the problem here is just the ones crashing to everyone and trying to overtake on a traffic jam etc etc etc, they may get 1 week, 2 week ban but they are always back and still doing the same things over and over. And admins don't really care tbh.

  • True Story 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, polgbx said:

Yup, the problem here is just the ones crashing to everyone and trying to overtake on a traffic jam etc etc etc, they may get 1 week, 2 week ban but they are always back and still doing the same things over and over. And admins don't really care tbh.

 I am sure, the Admin/Moderators do take Care, but they are constrained in their efficiency due to Rules too!  And as long TruckersMP do not define their meaning about Simulation, then the Arcade Battle Arena Experience or the Driving in Ghost Areas, can be rated as Simulation. It is just the individual Point of View! 😉 

TruckersMP Iron Man Mode Challenge: - New Profile! -No Profile Save Editing! -No Bank Loan! -No AI Employee -Full Fines System! -Fatique Enabled!  -Only 1 Truck! -Only Real Truck Configuration!  -No Unrealistic Part Upgrades! -Full Lifetime Usage! -No Driving Assistant! -No "/fix" ( Insurance)! -Realistic Driving Physic! -Brake 75%! -Only WOT Cargo! -Cargo Damage above 5% = Cargo Loss! -No Savegame Loading after Accident! -Accident with 100% Truck Damage = Profile Reset/Death of Driver!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, polgbx said:

But this post is not about people just speeding, I don't really mind that. How many people do you see overtaking when it's safe to do it, how many people do you see just crashing into other drivers, how many people doesn't even respect traffic lights or stop signs or give away signs whatever there is, nobody cares. That's what this post was about

 

The TruckersMP rules permit driving at excessive speed (speeding) and even encourage players to ignore traffic lights and stop signs:

Quote

Traffic lights and stop signs can be ignored if no other users are in the immediate area. Speeding, while allowed, is not recommended.

 

As the "immediate area" is not further defined, it allows players to act to the best of his/ her  knowledge and belief. The results can be admired in "Idiots on the road" videos on Youtube.

 

Maybe, and just maybe, somebody from the TruckersMP team should have the courage to question these exceptions, especially as they the opposite of what the rules previously state in the same paragraph:

Quote

Traffic laws and road signage must be obeyed. This means European road laws and signage must be followed in ETS2 and American road laws and signage must be followed in ATS. Failure to adhere to the respective road laws, and signage, and local lane closures represented by smart signs (see §2.7) may result in a punishment.

 

To my knowledge, national traffic laws do not allow speeding, passing red traffic lights and ignoring stop signs.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Yes indeed!

And we are still waiting for any effect of the "new moderation strategy". Personally I regularly go back to CD to check the situation. And it's just getting worse! My web reports are not processed any faster. I have one report waiting to be reviewed for more than 2 weeks. And the report system status is not even at its worst level ("Heavy" instead of "Very Heavy"). When it will be at "Very Heavy" might need to wait 4 weeks or more to get them processed 😂

And my in-game reports are still timing out. I can see some mods kicking some players driving in the grass or overtaking queues but that's all. They don't check the reports 😞

I thought "Heavy" was under "High" & "Very High". I always assumed VH was the max due to it constantly being there with the higher reporting cap prior.

 

Yea. I made reports. Only 3 out of every 500 were reviewed. I'd be happy to apply to be a moderator. However, i have to wait for my bans to expire and for the position to open again. 

Some of the mod's "actions" are just a slap on the wrist. And i have a feeling, they have their own section on the forum, with a complete reference guide on all the offenses and the action to take.

 

Have you made a feedback ticket letting them know you still have reports that are 1 month+ pending? No past report is left unresolved.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

I thought "Heavy" was under "High" & "Very High". I always assumed VH was the max due to it constantly being there with the higher reporting cap prior.

Oh yes you might be right! I missed "High". So that mean if we get to "Very High" you can expect your reports to be reviewed a month later 😆. Nuts!

 

3 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

Yea. I made reports. Only 3 out of every 500 were reviewed. I'd be happy to apply to be a moderator. However, i have to wait for my bans to expire and for the position to open again. 

Some of the mod's "actions" are just a slap on the wrist. And i have a feeling, they have their own section on the forum, with a complete reference guide on all the offenses and the action to take.

Honestly I really would like to understand how many reports on avg are processed per mod per month vs how many reports on avg are posted. And if that changed since the "new moderation strategy". It's now almost 2 months since they applied all these moderation changes and we are still waiting for an improvement. They tell you to wait, that it takes time to have effect blablabla. How long? 

 

3 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

Have you made a feedback ticket letting them know you still have reports that are 1 month+ pending? No past report is left unresolved.

Well so far my oldest report is a bit more than 2 weeks old and I still have 2 slots left (out of 10). But I've not been playing for 2 weeks and since September I play maybe 2-3hrs per week on TMP.

TMP staff are probably hoping that people will refrain posting reports with this new "strategy" (as if they had the choice). But for me it simply refrains me from playing TMP 😂

Looks like other simulation players are doing the same when I see the evolution of CD over the last 2 months.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2023 at 6:45 PM, polgbx said:

What's the point on having a server called simulation when it's basically a server full of kids that the only thing they know is to go 110kmh ruining everybody's "experience"? It keeps getting worse and worse, and tbh admins don't really do anything about it.
There's literally 0 servers where you can drive like a normal human being and not be rammed or crashed or whatever you wanna call it.

 

 

Hello @polgbx,

 

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this topic with the community on the forum. 

 

I agree with what you said and you're right, but as you well know... Many often choose the C-D road where there are a lot of players in the game. Obviously, not everyone is able to really understand the meaning of the game and that's why many end up being banned on the game when they don't respect the rules and go up against other users of the game for example. It would be nice if a lot more people understood that it's not a racing game or a game to go up against other players, but it's a simulation driving game and that's why the servers are also called "simulation".

Maybe you can call it something else, but then it wouldn't be ideal for those people who drive normally respecting the rules of the game and the European and American road rules. 

I personally respect the rules in the game and I think there are other players who respect the rules as well. 

 

Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

 

Hello @polgbx,

 

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this topic with the community on the forum. 

 

I agree with what you said and you're right, but as you well know... Many often choose the C-D road where there are a lot of players in the game. Obviously, not everyone is able to really understand the meaning of the game and that's why many end up being banned on the game when they don't respect the rules and go up against other users of the game for example. It would be nice if a lot more people understood that it's not a racing game or a game to go up against other players, but it's a simulation driving game and that's why the servers are also called "simulation".

Maybe you can call it something else, but then it wouldn't be ideal for those people who drive normally respecting the rules of the game and the European and American road rules. 

I personally respect the rules in the game and I think there are other players who respect the rules as well. 

 

Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

Yes, of course there are players that respect the traffic rules and drive correctly, but when it's like 3 out of 10, you end up thinking about the 7 that didn't do it. I know it's mostly the C-D road, and it's very easy to go to other places, but I think the "fun" of playing truckersmp it's on seeing people, like "real life". That's why most of us just stay on that area or nearby.

Let's see if they try to fix it or be a little bit more strict on the bans for reckless driving.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, polgbx said:

Yes, of course there are players that respect the traffic rules and drive correctly, but when it's like 3 out of 10, you end up thinking about the 7 that didn't do it. I know it's mostly the C-D road, and it's very easy to go to other places, but I think the "fun" of playing truckersmp it's on seeing people, like "real life". That's why most of us just stay on that area or nearby.

Let's see if they try to fix it or be a little bit more strict on the bans for reckless driving.

 

I totally agree with you. But I think those people who have reckless driving will stay driving incorrectly until they get banned once or even several times. Unfortunately sometimes there are players who can't to report those who drive incorrectly and those players with reckless driving will always continue to drive badl because some players who don't have a video don't report unfair players on website. 

 

Even in real life, for example, it can happen that a person continues to disregard the speed limit until he receives a traffic ticket. At that moment he will then think about driving better (or at least we hope).

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.