Being banned for technical issues (theoretical)

Tom [GER]

Hello, I don´t post much on here, and never will, but I recently had an incident which truly made me question TruckersMP rules, or rather the no tolerance policy, so I thought I´d ask on how this stuff is handled.

I´ve had a graphical glitch occur to me without any incident like that before, which caused me to crash, but I assume from what I saw I only crashed into the stone wall without anyone else being affected.

Let´s say if I were to cause a big crash due to this, maybe involving 3-4 trucks, which then of course would report me, and then leading to a ban, would this be appealable?

I´d also ask about if it was banable at all but due to §1.1, and the fact that nobody would even know what caused me to crash from the outside kind of answers itself.

I know I did drive somewhat eratically, but for the sake of the question just assume I obeyed any laws including speed limits.

What you see in the video is exactly like what I saw on my screen.

Link to the video:

Hello there @Tom [GER]

First of all, welcome to TruckersMP Forums 🎉

I think there is highly depends on current situation and GM decision.

To be honest I haven't never seen such this glitch before.

Have a good day

Regards, 

[MCG] RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Patron Master Trucker & Veteran Driver IV I MCG Expert Driver 🚛

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

2 minutes ago, Tom [GER] said:

You misunderstood the post, this is a question regarding a fictional scenario, based on real event, I have not been banned due to this, I just wanted to know how these situations are handled

Yeah, i'm sorry about my missunderstanding. I'm a bit tired. 

As I said above, it's hard to make a decision about it as GM can't see your screen he can only see the video record which can be seen a crash between you and another player. 

Lastly, as stays in the rules TruckersMP is not responsible for your hardware you use for playing TruckersMP. 

1.1 - Account and Equipment

You are responsible for your account(s). When rules are being broken, we will punish the account that broke them, no matter who was playing at that time. You are also responsible for the equipment used while driving on TruckersMP. This includes but is not limited to the safe use and maintenance of keyboards, game controllers, mice, steering wheels and similar.

Regards,

Red

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

1 minute ago, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Yeah, i'm sorry about my missunderstanding. I'm a bit tired. 

As I said above, it's hard to make a decision about it as GM can't see your screen he can only see the video record which can be seen a crash between you and another player. 

Lastly, as stays in the rules TruckersMP is not responsible for your hardware you use for playing TruckersMP. 

1.1 - Account and Equipment

You are responsible for your account(s). When rules are being broken, we will punish the account that broke them, no matter who was playing at that time. You are also responsible for the equipment used while driving on TruckersMP. This includes but is not limited to the safe use and maintenance of keyboards, game controllers, mice, steering wheels and similar.

Regards,

Red

I can see that, I also mentioned the fact that others of course can´t see my technical issues, and I also mentioned §1.1 myself, I still thank you for replying this late and with honesty, I am tired myself too, no worries

Yeah, nothing happened. 

Just now, Tom [GER] said:

I can see that, I also mentioned the fact that others of course can´t see my technical issues, and I also mentioned §1.1 myself, I still thank you for replying this late and with honesty, I am tired myself too, no worries

To be sure i'm right you can wait for someone from TruckersMP will answered your question. 

Good Night 

Regards, 

Red 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

Do not use Reshade and this "Glitch" will not happen. Drive Slower and you have better control and you can slam the Brakes, in Case it happen. The 6 Seconds clearly showing Intentional Reckless Driving, which is a Violation of the Rules!

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

My speed does not matter in this situation, I was in my lane at all times and I would´ve done the same thing as you, but since I was just coming out of a corner it was hard to judge if I was still going straight, also I could´ve crashed just at easily at 50 kph, also, I did slow down, but not nearly 100%, maybe like 30%, because i didn´t want to brake check someone who might´ve been behind me

The question I asked was if such a situation would be appealable, assuming the player did nothing wrong.

Look at the rules: §1.1 - Account and Equipment clearly states this: "You are also responsible for the equipment used while driving on TruckersMP. This includes but is not limited to the safe use and maintenance of keyboards, game controllers, mice, steering wheels and similar." Which means that if you experience any sort of glitch or hardware issue or controller issue, and you crash someone, you will still be held responsible for that accident. It will always be your job to make sure that all your equipment is behaving as it should. In case of this glitch you show here, this is likely some mod causing this or the like. And so using faulty mods or equipment is your fault. And so you would likely be banned for it. And as seen in your video you are driving 110km/h on what i take is the CD road, which is a small road with lots of turns, and so that would clearly factor into a ban as well. But even if you drove 60km/h which is the speed limit on most of that road, you would likely still be banned if you caused an accident because of a glitch. Now if this was a glitch caused by the game itself like a bug in ETS2 that was put in there by SCS software then you might not be banned for it. But that is not likely to happen as SCS rarely has bugs in the game that would cause you to crash someone else. And so most bugs like this would be on your side of things. So i would suggest you figure out what is causing that bug and then fix it, before you crash someone.

The reason why we are so strict when it comes to rule §1.1 and why we wouldn't accept an appeal based on a technical issue is because it would be very susceptible to abuse.

Everybody could unplug their equipment and blame the collision was due to some sort of glitch.

Everybody could edit their video to make it look like what you have and claim it was a graphics bug.

It's not that we don't want to believe you. But it's simply that we can't believe you because it is impossible for us to verify the truth.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

I understand your theoretical problem here. I had a very similar experience before a long time ago. My screen once froze ingame for absolutely no reason but the audio was still playing. And due to the audio still playing, I heard the truck was actually still moving and reacting to my keyboard inputs. The only thing I could do is come to a safe halt and ALT+F4 my way out of the game.

It never happened again at all anymore.
But I am still fairly certain you will still get a punishment, even if its a technical difficulty that isnt withhin your limits.

I thank you all for your honest answers, 

while I was running Reshade and other plugins such as Smooth Interior Camera or DBus, this issue occured after updating my graphics card drivers, which I hadn´t in a long time, and the issues still occur even after removing said modifications, also a thing I didn´t mention is that the game likes to crash when it has to load a lot of assets at once, for example when I´m driving fast, teleporting anywhere (including F7 etc), or going into more detailed areas of the map, the logs also are of no use, nothing unusual in there.

Any other game is running fine for me, it´s just ETS, so I simply stopped playing for now, the only thing that bugs me is that I can´t complete the WoT events now.

Also, in my 3500 hours since 2016 I had similar experiences as poland.ball, where the screen froze for no reason but sound still playing, or also, the game sometimes just randomly minimizing itself for no apparent reason, but it didn´t happen often of course.

The other thing is, I get that I am responsible for these occurences, but I personally am someone who really supports tolerances, especially since this is a virtual game after all, I feel like being punished for some things you can´t reasonably expect are certainly very unfair. While now of course not as big of a deal since you can´t get permbanned for crashing anymore, back then you could of course. I mean, lets assume even if one always checks in singleplayer for possible issues after each and every technical change (updating software, adding phyical parts to your PC, mods, etc.) it could still be very possible that in combination with TruckersMP, new unkown problems (not from the TruckersMP side, but from individual technical things such as drivers or whatever) arise, while of course very improbable, still possible. Technically you could get banned for a power shortage in your area, since I believe your truck will stop moving and someone behind may crash and see it as an attempt to cause damage by disconnecting their wifi or something. Of course this is a very special case, but this is a theoretical post after all. In this case you simply cannot expect to have an outage in your local area. These instances are the main reasons I like having tolerances.

But yes, I do understand the point of it being easily fakeable, and tolerating these issues is an easy target for exploiting. I just hate the idea of innocent people being punished.

23 hours ago, Tom [GER] said:

I thank you all for your honest answers, 

while I was running Reshade and other plugins such as Smooth Interior Camera or DBus, this issue occured after updating my graphics card drivers, which I hadn´t in a long time, and the issues still occur even after removing said modifications, also a thing I didn´t mention is that the game likes to crash when it has to load a lot of assets at once, for example when I´m driving fast, teleporting anywhere (including F7 etc), or going into more detailed areas of the map, the logs also are of no use, nothing unusual in there.

Any other game is running fine for me, it´s just ETS, so I simply stopped playing for now, the only thing that bugs me is that I can´t complete the WoT events now.

Also, in my 3500 hours since 2016 I had similar experiences as poland.ball, where the screen froze for no reason but sound still playing, or also, the game sometimes just randomly minimizing itself for no apparent reason, but it didn´t happen often of course.

The other thing is, I get that I am responsible for these occurences, but I personally am someone who really supports tolerances, especially since this is a virtual game after all, I feel like being punished for some things you can´t reasonably expect are certainly very unfair. While now of course not as big of a deal since you can´t get permbanned for crashing anymore, back then you could of course. I mean, lets assume even if one always checks in singleplayer for possible issues after each and every technical change (updating software, adding phyical parts to your PC, mods, etc.) it could still be very possible that in combination with TruckersMP, new unkown problems (not from the TruckersMP side, but from individual technical things such as drivers or whatever) arise, while of course very improbable, still possible. Technically you could get banned for a power shortage in your area, since I believe your truck will stop moving and someone behind may crash and see it as an attempt to cause damage by disconnecting their wifi or something. Of course this is a very special case, but this is a theoretical post after all. In this case you simply cannot expect to have an outage in your local area. These instances are the main reasons I like having tolerances.

But yes, I do understand the point of it being easily fakeable, and tolerating these issues is an easy target for exploiting. I just hate the idea of innocent people being punished.

So since it is always your job to make sure your game is running as intended then yes you will get banned if you crash someone. I always recommend that you start ETS2 and play it to make sure everything works as it should. Then you can start truckers MP and play. Many of the things you mention like your game crashing or kicking you out when there is a lot of players around, is likely because of your hardware not being good enough to handle all that. At least with crashing around lots of people. And no with Truckers MP, we really dont introduce much that could cause technical issues to happen. Of cause the extra load that all the players puts on your system could cause it to crash if it cant handle it but in most of those cases you stop right where you are and so you wont crash anyone. And if someone should crash you from behind, they are not keeping enough distance and so its not your fault. And in a report we should be able to see you stopped suddenly but your wheels will keep spinning, this happens when you lag or if your game crashed. And so unless it happens multiple times during an evidence and it looks like you are causing it on purpose, then you wont be banned for it. And with these things happening there is clearly a problem with your computer and so you gotta figure out what that issue is. If you keep driving even though these things happen, then you are at fault. And by the way you can still do world of trucks jobs without Truckers MP. World Of Trucks has nothing to do with us. Thats an SCS thing. It only requires you to have internet, but you can do it as much as you want in ETS2.

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.