Clickable Links in the Game

The Next Station

Suggestion Name: Clickable Link in the Game

Suggestion Description: As you know, VTC owners, managers or drivers sometimes advertising in the game and posting a link to their VTC's link. It can be advantageous for companies if you can build a system that will redirect them to the VTC pages when we click on these links with the mouse cursor.
But it is also necessary to prevent the abuse of this within the 1.5 rule. (Links will only be clickable when not driving)

Any example images: N/A

Why it should be added: I said everything above

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

I won't support this suggestion mainly cuz you hide malicious links within the link. 

So players will see normal link once click it can be dangerous to the person.

You are right, but it's free that pasting links in the game even if they cannot clicked. You can only prevent this with a new rule.

2 hours ago, Lotus Flower said:

Suggestion Name: Clickable Link in the Game

Suggestion Description: As you know, VTC owners, managers or drivers sometimes advertising in the game and posting a link to their VTC's link. It can be advantageous for companies if you can build a system that will redirect them to the VTC pages when we click on these links with the mouse cursor.
But it is also necessary to prevent the abuse of this within the 1.5 rule. (Links will only be clickable when not driving)

Any example images: N/A

Why it should be added: I said everything above

Hello there, @Lotus Flower

First of all, thank you so much for taking your time and think about what might be cool to add for TruckersMP Community. 

---

After I carefully reviewed your suggestion came out with this outcome: 

I can't longer support this suggestion as it might as mentioned friends above to bring more than we would. 

- It can be links that are unprotected and might be dangerous for your PC 

- Some of troll players might use that and send there inappropriate links, doesn't matter what it's. 

- It can also be dangerous, if someone would click on the link while driving (however in that case we would probably not have a permission to do it while) 

It's being said, thanks so much again for that;-) and hope I will have a more possitive opinion about your next one.

Have a cool day! 

Regards, 

[MCG] RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Patron Master Trucker & Veteran Driver IV | MCG Expert Driver 🚛

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

The only potential i see, is if the link can be verified before being posted. Maybe have a link checking team, similar to feedback. Anyone who wants to post a link, must first have it pass team inspection.  If it's detected as malicious or rule breaking, the domain isn't approved for posting. VTC owners can get permission to advertise to their page. I think a rule should be added for link cooldowns.

Aside from that, i can't support this. As said above:

1. Trolls can use this to post the Rickroll video.
  2. Streamers will be possibly targeted for sniping.
  3. GMM's can't focus on moderating and link checking at the same time.

I actually support this suggestion. And to counter all the people above who are worried about the security vulnerabilities of this feature, why not just restrict it to certain domains? E.g. only allow truckersmp.com/vtc/* links to be clickable (as that is the main idea of this suggestion - to make it easier to find VTCs), and boom - no security issues.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, djoh said:

I actually support this suggestion. And to counter all the people above who are worried about the security vulnerabilities of this feature, why not just restrict it to certain domains? E.g. only allow truckersmp.com/vtc/* links to be clickable (as that is the main idea of this suggestion - to make it easier to find VTCs), and boom - no security issues.

There are way to many domains to restrict and you can make own custom made link, so how you gonna find out which domain the custom links are ?

• 1 month later...

There are many distractions inside and outside of the vehicle, of which each endangers the safety of you and others.

I find it important to keep their number as low as possible.

Even if a link was only clickable when the vehicle had come to a complete stop, it could lead to the attempt of clicking it while driving, or to other unexpected driving maneuvers.