Language options on the rules page

PennyFG

Add score for this suggestion  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Add score for this suggestion

Suggestion Name: Language options on the rules page

Suggestion Description: As you know, the translated version of the rules is only available on the forum and in the knowledge base, but that translates of the rules is not available on the main rules page or on the rules we agree to when we register.

Any example images: 1yvZpob.png Like this.

Why it should be added: There are millions of players registered in TruckersMP and the vast majority of them don't speak English and don't have to speak English. But they use translation apps or like etc. to understand the rules or somethings
I'd be happy if the website had full language support, but I don't know if this is possible or not, but I think that at least options should be added that allow people who don't speak a foreign language to directly access the translated rules of the rules they are responsible for after registering. (As in the picture) This should even be permitted at the time of first registration (The page where we accept the rules). I don't think anythings will get worse after this change is made, but you can guess that a lot of users ticks the box to "accept the rules" without reading them because they don't speak a foreign language and logs in to the servers, but they are not aware of the rules. 
In fact, this options should be added not only to the website but also to the list of rules that appear before us when logging in to the game.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note (Added on 10.09.2023): A different suggestion at the bottom of this suggestion may be difficult to synchronise with the launcher (at the first login). A player first must be create an account on the website, when he accepts the rules he/she can be asked which languages he/she speaks or understands, which would be more convenient (This is just an extra suggestion in addition to the above).  After that it is his/her problem whether he/she reads the rules or not.

• Upvote 5

• PennyFG changed the title to Language options on the rules page
2 minutes ago, [MCG] PennyFG said:

Not everyone gets driving training to become to a good driver, but everyone is held responsible for the rules and must understand them.

I never got driving training when i first got the game. The tutorial only shows you a sample job. It doesn't teach road rules, what some signs mean (not every country has the same set of signs), or how to reverse in.

That's when i first started.

7 years later.

@Somehow Lucky

I think you are just commenting for the sake of commenting, it's just a game and I don't care whether those who play are has driving license or not. He may not familiar the road rules of the road but people who understood the TruckersMP rules could understand exactly **what must not to do or what must be do**.

Also, TruckersMP rules are not just road rules

I can already imagine how long it must take to translate these rules for each language that TMP supports. If approved, the Translation team has a lot of work ahead of it. But it's a good suggestion.

Best regards
_Thyagoof - Media Team TruckersMPChief Operating Officer at ALLIANCE Virtual

16 minutes ago, ALLIANCE _Thyagoof said:

I can already imagine how long it must take to translate these rules for each language that TMP supports. If approved, the Translation team has a lot of work ahead of it. But it's a good suggestion.

There are already language-specific rules in the knowledge base and on the forum, but for the convenience of new players who are not aware of them, they should be transferred to the website (rules page) and to the list of rules we approved when we first logged the game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, [MCG] PennyFG said:

@Somehow Lucky

I think you are just commenting for the sake of commenting, it's just a game and I don't care whether those who play are has driving license or not. He may not familiar the road rules of the road but people who understood the TruckersMP rules could understand exactly **what must not to do or what must be do**.

Also, TruckersMP rules are not just road rules

Likewise. I don't care who is currently seeking out a ban from CD Road. It's not my ban. I'm well aware of the rules. See my join date in my sig? I used to be on the supporting side for abiding by the rules and submitting ideas to ensure the server abides by the name, Simulation. It's clear, staff doesn't want that. Even "allocating resources to improve problem areas".

All they would have to do is just add a language swap indicator. And they have the rules in their language. What i think is really going on, it requires so much work trying to copy the code of the page into every single language. Plus, idk if the Translation Team has 1 person from every required language and knows English like we do.

Every idea is open to debate. Not every post is going to be on the supportive side. Ofc, it comes to down to what the admins decide to do. If they do anything at all.

• Haha 1

Website\Forum and Launcher are main language is English and Looks they tried to translate some important topics to other countries languages!

Sign up for forum to read the rules your own languages is not to diffucult to make it you just need to give permission from your steam account than you can read all rules !

8 hours ago, [G-T-R]GrayWolf said:

Website\Forum and Launcher are main language is English and Looks they tried to translate some important topics to other countries languages!

Sign up for forum to read the rules your own languages is not to diffucult to make it you just need to give permission from your steam account than you can read all rules !

Language-specific rules are only available on the forum and on the knowledge base, but not everyone may be aware of them, TruckersMP does not require registration on the forum to login the servers. Or you don't have to join the discord server (to get help).

The language-specific rules can stay on the forum, they can stay on the knowledge base, but they can be transferred to the "rules" option(I mean that page) on website, or even in the launcher, when someone tries to connect to TruckersMP servers for the first time, they must be accept the rules there too, so I think they should be added there too.

• 1 month later...