Bans shouldn't be a deterrent for experienced players

Sunstrider

Suggestion Name: Bans shouldn't be a deterrent for experienced players

Suggestion Description: When you get 1 active ban, all recruitment is denied and you have to wait until all bans expire. There are experienced players that found themselves on the wrong end of a ban. By the time all active bans are cleared, the recruitment is closed and filled. Then, it becomes a waiting game until it re-opens (if it ever does).

Any example images: 

image.png

Why should it be added?: It's one thing if it's intentional the player is just racking them up. It's another if they learned from their mistake. IRL Companies do background checks on new applicants. Just because they see Criminal History (Jail Time. Community Service), it doesn't automatically mean the applicant won't be given a chance.

What i'm suggesting is

1. If the player isn't showing signs of racking up bans, let them apply instead of waiting for all active bans to expire over 12 months of being issued.
  2. Let the player apply and give them a chance. Just like anyone else who applies that isn't banned. If they want to abuse their power or troll the application, action can be taken to prevent them from applying in the future.
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SirTrapSG said:

I disagree. If people violated the rules in the past 12 months and wanna apply they should wait, it doesn't matter how long the account exist. Me, for myself like the requirement that you can't have a ban in the past 12 months before applying. 

Let's say you got banned 2 months ago. And suddenly, you see a position recruiting that you've been wanting to apply for is open up. Your ban has expired but is still active. You're telling me that you would happy to wait another 20 years for it to re-open then to be allowed a chance to apply because of the guideline "You have a ban. You can't be on the team". That's like saying "You are missing an important piece of a uniform. You're a cool person but can't be allowed in until you acquire it."

1 hour ago, Somehow Lucky said:

Let's say you got banned 2 months ago. And suddenly, you see a position recruiting that you've been wanting to apply for is open up. Your ban has expired but is still active. You're telling me that you would happy to wait another 20 years for it to re-open then to be allowed a chance to apply because of the guideline "You have a ban. You can't be on the team". That's like saying "You are missing an important piece of a uniform. You're a cool person but can't be allowed in until you acquire it."

I understand that you disslike it or that your impatient to wait until your ban is no longer marked as active but yes, i would say that it is good that people have to wait until another application phase open. I may understand it a bit that 12 months might be too long, that's something to discuss about it, maybe, but in general i like that your being forced to being someone who doesn't violate rules, or at least that u didn't violate them in the past year. 

Explaination why: Well, if you want to be on a team somewhere you have to know the rules, if you break them it is not a reason to reject you forever, but it is important to know and follow them. TruckersMP has in my eyes easy rules which are really not difficult to follow. Also, the one year "application ban" is in my eyes well taken because in this time you can think about your mistake again and reflect yourself.

As well, i think it's way too harsh saying "20 years for it to re-open", there are some staff place's who doesn't open often which is in my opinion better either way, but from what i've seen is that every recruirement opens yearly, at least most likely.

TruckersMP Player with Love :HaulieLove:
Rules

Honestly, I think SirTrapSG has got it spot on here. If you've been banned, it was probably for a good reason. Staff members of TMP should know what the rules are and how to follow them and being able to do this consistently for 12 months would prove that you are a responsible person to hire into that staff role. 

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

4 hours ago, Stones8000 said:

Honestly, I think SirTrapSG has got it spot on here. If you've been banned, it was probably for a good reason. Staff members of TMP should know what the rules are and how to follow them and being able to do this consistently for 12 months would prove that you are a responsible person to hire into that staff role. 

I would say to tone it down to maybe 3 months. I haven't seen most recruitment open yearly. Most banned players have no intent on learning from it.

1 hour ago, Somehow Lucky said:

I'm aware you didn't say that. Just pointing out what i've been watching from them.

Just to point out, whatever bans by lengths are given in game can actually be increased when the moderators upload the video evidence to the website and then check for any previous active bans. So a week ban can increase to 90 days (which you  wouldn’t see on the Youtube videos)

• 2 weeks later...

for my part I agree with let's  @Somehow Lucky  imagine you have been on the game since 2015 and currently we are in 2023 and I was banned 3 weeks ago and recruitment opens to become a game moderator whereas three weeks ago banned, knowing that I have never been banned between 2015 and 2023 this shows a person who plays regularly who respects the rules but who makes even a small mistake which earned him a ban, it happens to everyone the world of making mistakes could it really impact the intention of the person to want to help the game, to such a point that they will have to wait 12 months for their ban to be marked as inactive or they have the possibility of apply and the moderators at least the recruiters see that this person has been a member since 2015 and that he was banned in 2023 that then just before he had never been banned for my part there is always the possibility of looking at the Rec which has been made and if we see that the error is really minimal we can in these cases start from the fact of being able to give him a chance and that is where perhaps he is getting at it is the fact of saying that we can be a good driver but that we can make mistakes how we say mistakes are human

@SirTrapSG

On 9/14/2023 at 10:57 AM, blabberbeak said:

Your suggestion raises the question how to define an experienced player.

If you quote me, it notifies me to come check it lol.

An experienced player is someone who knows the game rules. Someone who follows traffic laws. Someone who can handle any cargo and not wreck it. Someone who can back in their trailer, without resorting to using a skip for completion. Someone who isn't always focused on the populated areas. Someone not causing accidents. Someone not racking up bans and obtaining new devices to bypass a ban. Someone with a good amount of experience under their belt. Someone reliable when it comes to seeking advice.

I list both of us, as we meet all of it.

• Thanks 2