Update to our Game Moderation Strategy

MisterAndeh

Just now, _raffaele_ said:

In fact nothing, i enjoyed reading your story, even if it is fantasy

You've still not given up. I've told you: "don't like what I've said, don't listen". No one is forcing to you read, engage with or believe what I've said.  

If you don't like the fact that I've expressed my belief, that's lovely - I couldn't care less. I've used this platform to say what I personally think. You've told me you don't agree or believe, that is fantastic - you're, like I am, free to think whatever you want. 

8 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

You stated it as a fact as if you know the story, the only party you blame is the moderator, and not the one who violated the privacy, not knowing how things went exactly

sigh. I've said its not right to insult. I've said the police should be called if what I believed to have happened actually did occur. I think that's a pretty fair way of issuing equal blame. You say there has been a violation of privacy, does that now mean you believe what I've said/inferred? 

6 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

If you want intelligent conversations, i suggest you rely on reality and not fantasy; there's nothing intelligent about your story, just assumptions

Very little of what I've said has relied on the belief you seem to have a problem with. Perhaps, you've got nothing better to do than to nit-pick my arguments in the hope you'll get some sort of retaliatory action.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

You've still...

same goes for you

I think that's a pretty fair way of issuing equal blame

"the sole responsibility of admins" doesn’t sound like an "equal blame" to me

You say there has been a violation of privacy, does that now mean you believe what I've said/inferred? 

nobody here believes your story; was said that have involved real life, how do you call a misuse of personal informations?

Very little of what I've said has relied on the belief you seem to have a problem with. Perhaps, you've got nothing better to do than to nit-pick my arguments in the hope you'll get some sort of retaliatory action.  

I can say the same for you, you have nothing better to do instead of make up stories,

• Like 1

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

5 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

same goes for you

I've not spoken to you. You've got a problem with what I've said, and I've answered your questions.

6 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

"the sole responsibility of admins" doesn’t sound like an "equal blame" to me

Your lack of intelligence is shining through once again. If you don't take that quote out of context, you'd understand that I was referring to their online safety. No one else has anything to do with your online safety, so there's no need to blame anyone else. 

nobody here believes your story; was said that have involved real life, how do you call a misuse of personal informations?

I cannot understand that. 

I can say the same for you, you have nothing better to do instead of make up stories

Honest to god. Everyone else has been civil and listened to my points. Now you've come along and decided you want some attention. Go away. Most of what you say is ill-formed, confined to one sentence or an attempt at starting an argument. 

None of what I've said is a story - its a possibility based on the facts known. Stop trying to infuriate the situation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

I've not spoken to you. You've got a problem with what I've said, and I've answered your questions.

You could have ignored them but you decided to answer, so yeah, same goes for you

11 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

If you don't take that quote out of context, you'd understand that I was referring to their online safety

online safety doesn't always depend only on the moderator, in your sentence you blame the moderator as if he shared the information deliberately, to know how things happened you need to know the story

17 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

I cannot understand that. 

It’s a simple question

20 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

None of what I've said is a story - its a possibility based on the facts known

the point is that there are no facts, the rest you've all made up

Just now, _raffaele_ said:

the point is that there are no facts, the rest you've all made up

The facts are there were incidents where things escalated away from the internet. The rest I inferred. 

2 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

You could have ignored them but you decided to answer, so yeah, same goes for you

No. If some random person interrupts a perfectly civil discussion between other members because they have a problem with me; of course, I am going to reply. 

3 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

online safety doesn't always depend only on the moderator, in your sentence you blame the moderator as if he shared the information deliberately, to know how things happened you need to know the story

It does. You're responsible for what you do online. Someone cannot control if someone has their personal information public or not. Once again, I've taken an educated guess, based on the facts presented to me. You disagree with this, good for you - I really don't care. You've got no arguments to bring to the conversation, you just want to stir everything up and call me a liar - without any proof to disprove what I've said. 

You're calling what I've said a story, when it could well be the truth. 

9 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

It’s a simple question

Its not simple. Your question is a patchwork of incorrect grammar. I'd answer it based on what I think you were asking, but you don't want me to think, so I'll just leave it. 

Really not sure what there is to disagree with. We are protecting our staff members from being harassed, abused or even targeted with serious threats. If people don't like that then unfortunately you don't seem to fully understand how damaging that can be for someone for the rest of their life.

We do not take this stuff lightly and the fact it has happened to our staff in the past is extremely concerning and shows what lengths some very nasty people here are willing to go to just because they had some sort of punishment taken against them.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

No. If some random person interrupts a perfectly civil discussion between other members because they have a problem with me; of course, I am going to reply. 

I have the right to comment on what is not good for me, and you have the right to ignore it, what you choose is not my concern

Someone cannot control if someone has their personal information public or not

But you can't control who wants to get that information, it's not like if it's not shared publicly it's impossible to get it

ItYour question is a patchwork of incorrect grammar.

how do you call a misuse of personal information, doesn't seem complicated to me

1 minute ago, ChrisPatrol said:

kinda boring now.

I agree. I've said my piece, and listened to what everyone else thinks. I just find it difficult to walk away from someone disrupting a good discussion because they're unable to understand that people are free to infer. It's pleasant to see that most people can engage in incitive discussion without it spiralling into an argument. Sadly, some people are incapable of doing anything but auguring. My apologies if I've bored you or anyone else - this was never my intentions. I just wished for a peaceful discussion. 

3 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

I have the right to comment on what is not good for me, and you have the right to ignore it, what you choose is not my concern

Comment away. But your comments have turned into direct accusations. I don't wish to stand by and let someone make unfounded accusations against me. I never spoke to you before you decided it'd be a good idea to accuse. 

The rest of what you've said seems to be a continuation of nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

But your comments have turned into direct accusations. I don't wish to stand by and let someone make unfounded accusations against me. I never spoke to you before you decided it'd be a good idea to accuse. 

Coming from someone who accuses moderators of publishing personal informations, i don't know what to say

4 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

The rest of what you've said seems to be a continuation of nonsense. 

It will always be nonsense to those who believe that this measure is not needed,

You have completely lost focus, perhaps you have forgotten that this episode is not the only reason for this decision:

12 minutes ago, Aek177 said:

Really not sure what there is to disagree with. We are protecting our staff members from being harassed, abused or even targeted with serious threats. If people don't like that then unfortunately you don't seem to fully understand how damaging that can be for someone for the rest of their life.

We do not take this stuff lightly and the fact it has happened to our staff in the past is extremely concerning and shows what lengths some very nasty people here are willing to go to just because they had some sort of punishment taken against them.

Moving on - has anyone seen an increase in the number of in-game reports being reviewed or accepted? Quicker response times on web reports? Or anything else related to the more,  positive moderation changes? I know I have seen an increase in the number of admins in-game; thus leading to more in-game bans, and incidents being caught sooner. 

• Thanks 1
  • True Story 1

But it is really a very nice and logical solution for the game moderation management to make such an update. As you said, the in-website reporting system was being abused for some reasons for me, some players were reporting players here almost every hour and every day. I'm not saying they shouldn't report, they can, but it would be better if they did it very little, so that everyone would be fair. As you said, since this is not only a game but also a simulation game, everyone can make small and tiny mistakes and these can be forgiven. For example, we may experience a lag problem, which almost some players experience. For example, there were people who reported it immediately due to the lag problem. If I touch on the second part, now when any player was banned, the name of the admin who banned it was visible. It was very good to remove this, because some banned players were unnecessarily swearing at the staff. People wrote and begged on the official discord server and sometimes on social media accounts. unfortunately it was happening. I really appreciate this issue, so that now everyone can report fairly and properly, without exaggerating too much. 

Kind Regards (Rizelibey_53) ❤️🙂

1 hour ago, Bеаn said:

Moving on - has anyone seen an increase in the number of in-game reports being reviewed or accepted? Quicker response times on web reports? Or anything else related to the more,  positive moderation changes? I know I have seen an increase in the number of admins in-game; thus leading to more in-game bans, and incidents being caught sooner. 

From my Personal experience:

- The Number of Reports on Website is still increasing and the estimated Time, till your Report is claimed, is about 5 - 10 Days! I´ve had a few Reports with shorter waiting Time, cause the Reported Player were meanwhile banned Ingame.

- It can takes 1 - 5 Days till a already claimed Report, of an Ingame banned Player, is worked on by the responding Moderator.

- 2 Reports of Ingame Banned Trolls, who blocked the DC - Road for longer than 30 Minutes, were accepted by the Moderator after their Ingame Ban expired. I assume they are banned again for the same Incident!

- A Player, who have been banned for inappropriate Ingame Tag, is using his alternate Account to continue Playing. The funny Thing is, his Ban History is Public and you can see that he already were permanent  banned in the Past for Ban Evading, with a reference to all of his accounts
And you can also see that he changed the Name of the banned Account and renamed the Alternate Account with the same Name! Seems, there went Something wrong!

- A Report about inappropriate Save Editing, of a Ingame banned Player,  were unclaimed and skipped by the Moderator and waiting to be claimed again since +6 Days!

I saw 3x Times in the last Week an active Moderator Ingame. So far, I can not really see an improvement, except of the estimated waiting Time till a Report is claimed by Moderator!

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

As I mentioned, from my perspective, I observed more admins in-game. The image below displays individuals with admin powers at around 19:40 BST yesterday (07/10/2023). There were 7 admins on Simulation 1. It is likely that during this time, in-game reports were being reviewed, and punishments were being given. It is also probable that numerous mods were "live moderating". This just reenforces "although you may not see staff, they're usually about". 

image.png.789a06385ad915a384b78199bccaf147.png

I very rarely submit web reports, as I don't really feel the need to. I tend to adopt a "forgive and forget" approach. That being said, I do check the load on the web report system quite often and have observed it at a low level very recently. It has been months since it was last at such a low level, so something has most definitely improved there. 

59 minutes ago, Max.Luemmel said:

A Report about inappropriate Save Editing, of a Ingame banned Player,  were unclaimed and skipped by the Moderator and waiting to be claimed again since +6 Days!

What do you mean by "skipped by the moderator"?

• Awesome! 1

6 hours ago, RizeliBey_53 said:

But it is really a very nice and logical solution for the game moderation management to make such an update.

I agree,

There is no logical reason to say that this decision is unnecessary for the purpose; when you don't know who banned you and the evidence doesn't point back to the moderator under any circumstances, they are excellently protected,

Those who complain or say it's unnecessary, give me the biggest red flags, are probably the same people who make groups to denigrate/abuse specific moderators

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bеаn said:

What do you mean by "skipped by the moderator"?

The Player were banned Ingame and my Report of him were automatic claimed by the moderator who banned him, but the Report were unclaimed later and sended back to queue!

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

1 hour ago, Max.Luemmel said:

The Player were banned Ingame and my Report of him were automatic claimed by the moderator who banned him, but the Report were unclaimed later and sended back to queue!

This is very annoying, but usually there is a reasonable explanation for it.

You could try bringing it up via the feedback system. Though, I must admit I am not sure in how much detail they can/will give you an answer.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

1 hour ago, Be4rdy said:

So blocking a road is fine

Blocking a road is not "fine," but going into the Discord server to request a mod to come and deal with it—knowing full well that it's not allowed—is also not fine. There are mechanisms to report players; use them.

Despite what people say, you can always get past someone blocking. So all those people who sit behind the person, moaning that they're unable to move, are just doing so for the sake of it. If you were really that desperate to get past them, you would do so. Utilise the /disconnect command.

• True Story 2