Update to our Game Moderation Strategy

MisterAndeh

Let me just say, I dont believe its also just the reports, If you guys know people are reporting for the smallest things possible, your the guys who can see the evidencei f its bannable or not and decline it, I have 14 Bans on TruckersMP on this one account, I have had a In game ban for saying, Noob, Shut up by a Admin, I have received bans without evidence, I have received a ban for being rammed in itself, Ive had bans because of trollers literally, I have had bans also for the smallest things you'd see in the world, and thats the ADMINS doing it, so its not just reports, I have had a lot of false bans and then removed in my TMP history I think the ADMINS in general in this community need to get better at admiring and be a bit more friendly for llittle things, You do see a couple about who just kick nowadays, we need more like this, especially on the website we need admins to stop accepting such stupid ridiculous small bans, I am sure admins have a agenda on me or suttin, I hope the moderation system becomes much better

• Like 1

Dear Team Managers,

I have a suggestion to you about the ban application system: As you know, accidents are the essantials of the traffic both in real life and the related games. Some accidents in our game (TruckersMP ETS2) really occur unintentionally/without purpose  depending on loosing the trucks control, sliding in rain, trying to avoid an other accident that has happend in front of us several seconds ago and etc. On the other hand, some accidents happen intentionally, like violating the game rules (especially overtaking rules) or trolling on purpose, or discussing and insulting in the chat screen and then ramming the other side, etc. In the second case, the players who cause such accidents are generally trolling type of persons, children under 15 or malevolent people.

So, while giving a ban penalty to any player, you can divide the banning system into 2 sections:

1. Unintentionally occuring accidents 2. Accidents on purpose.

For the first item, players can be banned e.g. up to most 7 days according to the happening form of the accident. There should not be a counting system like: first ban, second ban, third ban and so on. This can be limitless.  After watching the records of the accident and getting the defences of the parties involved in that accident, if the moderators decide that this accident has happened unintentionally they give related number of days of ban to the related player/s.

For the second item, players can be banned for longer terms e.g. starting from 1 week, 2,3,4weeks, 1,2,3,4months etc. and the system first ban,second ban,third ban can be used here. Players who troll others, make heavy insults, violate tranquility and order of the game shall be heavily banned within this system.

In the actual system, if I have completed my 1 month ban period and started to play the game again and find myself in an unintentional accident like sliding in the rain and if I am reported again, this time I will get 3months of ban due to the system but this is not fair. In order to avoid cases like in this example, may be you may think of the system whicjh I have explained above and revise the ban rules again.

Kind Regards,

2 hours ago, TheClaudeQC said:

> and those who continue to make reports that do not meet the reporting rules will eventually be left in a situation where they may only create one report.

will this mean people will have now a single report possible minimum and nobody would have none left at any given time?

Correct, the least number you can reach is 1 report instead of 0 as it was in the past. Which means, the only case when you might not be able to submit the reports is if you get banned from the reporting system.

• Like 1

Well these changes was needed to be made like 2 years ago but its alright at the least you guys are going towards the right direction and hopefully the new rule stops the people who goes into c-d road just to report for small little matter which can be brushed of by saying 'Sorry' without going their way to report just for a small and illogical report.

On 8/29/2023 at 4:41 PM, Foobrother said:

I'm not part of these people, but what is the problem about it? Why do you want to limit it as long as these are valid offenses? It's not because it's CD that people shouldn't report offenses.

Well they are focusing in game and they are not stopping anyone from reporting as long its valid but you also have to understand that people abuse the system that they had to enforce this where its capped to 10 reports per month and not like 20-30. And I hope that they monitor C-D road where I believe the majority of the incidents happen and reports happen. 

59 minutes ago, Dispo Z said:

Well they are focusing in game and they are not stopping anyone from reporting as long its valid but you also have to understand that people abuse the system that they had to enforce this where its capped to 10 reports per month and not like 20-30. And I hope that they monitor C-D road where I believe the majority of the incidents happen and reports happen. 

Firstly I didn't say they are "stopping anyone from reporting", but they are "limiting" it (in other words: stopping after a certain amount). They are reducing the amount of reports a player can submit at the same time (from 20 to 10 max). BTW it's not per month. There is no time limit. The only limit is the amount of reports the team will be able to process in a month.

You are raising 2 reasons for this change:

1. having more time to work on in-game reports
  2. preventing "abuse of the system"

For point 1: initially you might think that reducing the number of reports one can have at the same time will reduce the load for the moderators. That is true, if you keep the same period to process the reports (a bit more than a week currently). The problem is that in this new change, people are asked to submit reports for events not older than 1 week! Which means that if you have all your 10 slots used, at least a few reports will have to be processed within a week for you to be able to submit a new report for an offense that happened today. In other words, if the team wants their system to work, they will have to process more reports per day/week than previously. Which means maybe still not that much time to go in-game. I guess we have 4 scenarios:

• The team works harder or gets more people to process reports within a week to have time remaining to do in-game moderation. And we might indeed see some improvement.
  • The team continues at the same pace and gets more time for in-game reports (as expected). But people won't be happy because they won't be able to submit major offenses which happened more than a week ago.
  • The team continues at the same pace but doesn't really spend more time for in-game reports. The situation will continue to degrade as in the last 12 months and more good players will leave.
  • The team really focuses on in-game reports and neglects completely web reports. Except if the majority of the offenses are treated in-game, this won't be sustainable for a long time or people will leave very quickly TMP.

For point 2: there is no need for that. There is already a system to reduce the number of slot for people who are submitting bad reports where there are no offenses. Your number of slot can go down to 1 which means 1 report per week at best. If that's not preventing abuse, what is it? Except if you have a different definition of "abuse"? Maybe you think that "abuse" means someone who reports 10 trolls crashing into you in 1 day instead of 1 crash per day (and 9 not reported)? 1 would be ok but 10 in one day is an "abuse"? Is that what you mean? If yes, don't you think it's the trolls who are "abusing"? Reduce the number of trolls and you will reduce the "abuse".

On 9/1/2023 at 4:00 PM, MrAndyTF said:

Header image

Greetings players,

Over the last few years, our core game moderation strategy has remained largely the same, with reports being taken both in-game, and also through our dedicated website report system. This has been with the pledge that every website report will be handled, which in doing so, takes up a lot of resources.

Arguably, this has led to many web reports being generated - 53,934 in Q2 of 2023 - and time being focussed on processing these instances, rather than spending time in-game, looking at the game report system, and rule violations that are occurring in real-time. Additionally, these website reports come with the added complexity that evidence is not always of the best quality, or in line with our reporting rules, found under section §1.4 here.

Furthermore, the fact that every website report will be reviewed at some point has led to a toxic, ‘rec-ban-culture’ forming, where some players make it their mission to report every single rule violation they may come across, no matter how small or trivial, even when it doesn’t impact on their experience majorly. Again, a large portion of time is spent dealing with these reports by our team, some of which involve incidents that occurred weeks ago. This puts undue pressure on our system, and leads to genuine reports being delayed, with perpetrators being able to continue in-game - you can see how a cycle can begin to form, where serious instances are piling up, due to dealing with these trivial reports, and time is detracted from being in-game.

TruckersMP aims to stay true to our players, making changes that enhance the gameplay experience. Ultimately this is a game, and there has to be an understanding that there are instances when a simple mistake may be made, not requiring further action. We believe that allowing our moderators to focus more of their time and resources towards being in-game brings a multitude of benefits, such as increased community interaction, visible presence and also the ability to utilise on-the-spot tools, such as teleporting or kicking a player, which can prevent or deal with incidents, without having to resort to banning a player. At the moment we are very responsive, rather than proactive in our moderation.

In order to make this transition, we are implementing some changes to the way that we handle reports that are made through the website system. This will begin with the maximum number of website reports a user can create being capped at ten. This is because we’ve found that this hits the balance between the need to report genuinely disruptive or inappropriate behaviour, compared with misusing the system and reporting a multitude of trivial rule violations. Reports will continue to be scored, and those who continue to make reports that do not meet the reporting rules will eventually be left in a situation where they may only create one report. In addition, the reporting window on the website has been reduced from fourteen days to seven, once again to ensure reports are relevant, and it is the serious issues being passed onto us, through that system.

We’re trying hard to put a stop to the attitude some players take, being against one another, reporting for very minor things. Equally however, we still intend to deal with those who cause serious issues in-game, that impacts upon players severely, with stringent moderation actions. As touched upon before, it is our hope to be able to be more proactive, focussing our efforts on the here and now, in the game itself.

On an additional note, we have also introduced a system to anonymise our moderation. This means when you are banned or have a report handled, you will not see the name of the moderator who issued a punishment. This aims to reduce the abuse and harassment that unfortunately some of our team have to endure, when they issue punishments in-game. You will still be able to discuss with this moderator in your appeal, but they will just remain anonymous.

We hope that you can see the vision here, and share our thoughts on wanting to make improvements with the way that reports are handled. If you do have any feedback, you can contact Game Moderation Management, by creating a feedback ticket here.

Keep safe, and see you out on the roads!

--> View post on homepage

i love this update i love to see more mod interactions in game thankyou for the update of how this will work

I don't think that's a good thing. Reducing the number of reports is not a good idea if you want to deal with reports faster, you should expand the number of people who deal with reports. You can even get the entire TMP community to handle reports together, release videos to 20 community users, and block them if more than 15 people agree.

What you're doing is encouraging people to break the rules a little bit. Can a reckless user get away with causing a minor accident? And if he causes a hundred minor accidents, can he get away with it?

• Upvote 1

Guest W.H.Dwarf

If this is already in place then it isn't working, I I've just gone through Calais twice, been crashed into numerous times by people driving like other players don't exist, one trip has been ended and had to restart it, no admins are there watching over the area and people are doing what they want. 

I can't report because I have reports sat there waiting to be looked at for 9+ days now, the in game report won't work as the admins won't have seen what's happening, have your in game moderators as they are but set up a separate team of people that just look through web reports, I love this game/mod but you have a big problem with bad drivers and players that want to mess it up for others, I've deleted no end of videos from the last few days that I can't send in to report, and the majority of these reports are from my journey having to end because of another player smashing into me and having my truck totaled or flipped over.

I think after 7 years of playing this I'm done with it because the problem drivers are getting worse. 

16 minutes ago, Well-Hung-Dwarf said:

I can't report because I have reports sat there waiting to be looked at for 9+ days now, the in game report won't work as the admins won't have seen what's happening, have your in game moderators as they are but set up a separate team of people that just look through web reports, I love this game/mod but you have a big problem with bad drivers and players that want to mess it up for others, I've deleted no end of videos from the last few days that I can't send in to report, and the majority of these reports are from my journey having to end because of another player smashing into me and having my truck totaled or flipped over.

Yes that's exactly what they want I think:

• Less report submitted (because people don't have any free slot for several day)
  • More people disgusted by CD because they don't monitor it and let the situation become worse

Why doing that? Because they hope people will move away from CD to go somewhere else. But people won't go somewhere else, they will simply leave TMP to play solo or convoy!

But maybe they will get more racing/GTA players and will be happy with that?! 

The decision to hide employees' names, with the purpose of safeguarding their privacy, presents clear advantages but also raises concerns about the potential for abuse of authority. Recently, I experienced an incident in which I received an unjust punishment, and the lack of identification of the responsible party made it difficult for me to seek a proper resolution. It is essential to find a balance between protecting privacy and ensuring transparency and accountability in-game environment to ensure fair treatment for all parties involved.

1 hour ago, Lua Nova said:

The decision to hide employees' names, with the purpose of safeguarding their privacy, presents clear advantages but also raises concerns about the potential for abuse of authority. Recently, I experienced an incident in which I received an unjust punishment, and the lack of identification of the responsible party made it difficult for me to seek a proper resolution. It is essential to find a balance between protecting privacy and ensuring transparency and accountability in-game environment to ensure fair treatment for all parties involved.

I agree, people should be held accountable when they run for Staff

• Upvote 1

NewHeader.png.e4c57937084393154ec74acd64b57719.png

🚚HELLO, I'M JASON_STEPHEN FROM 666 LOGISTICS🚚

>-------------------------------------------------------<

I mainly focus on Pictures and Videos in this Forum and Game

I can modify pictures by Photoshop and make videos by Pr & AE

🎞 Here are my social media links 🎞

<< YouTube | DiscordBilibili | X.COM >>

12 hours ago, RPG-[914]-aoK1ng said:

I don't think that's a good thing. Reducing the number of reports is not a good idea if you want to deal with reports faster, you should expand the number of people who deal with reports. You can even get the entire TMP community to handle reports together, release videos to 20 community users, and block them if more than 15 people agree.

What you're doing is encouraging people to break the rules a little bit. Can a reckless user get away with causing a minor accident? And if he causes a hundred minor accidents, can he get away with it?

Your general idea seems to be that the community should publicly address these rule violations and let the community's users collectively judge the violations, similar to a "disciplinary committee." I think this suggestion can be submitted to TruckersMP. Of course, regarding the idea of limiting the number of reports, the original poster has already provided extensive reasons for doing so. On the contrary, increasing the report limit for each player is precisely what causes some players who enjoy mass reporting to put pressure on Moderators during the review process. This leads to potentially important reports, as you may see them, being crowded out by these meaningless reports, and your reports not getting reviewed.

NewHeader.png.e4c57937084393154ec74acd64b57719.png

🚚HELLO, I'M JASON_STEPHEN FROM 666 LOGISTICS🚚

I mainly focus on Pictures and Videos in this Forum and Game

I can modify pictures by Photoshop and make videos by Pr & AE

🎞 Here are my social media links 🎞

<< YouTube | DiscordBilibili | X.COM >>

6 hours ago, Lua Nova said:

I think you are right ...

Now they can do as they want and no one would know who they are ....

and that is not taking responsibility 

This will only lead to power abuse.....

Being a Moderator has already boosted enough power in them

Hiding their identity gives them Immunity 

Now they can do whatever they like without taking responsibility for incorrect action 

I really don't question TMP decisions 

But, I don't like this one ......

Some Moderators are really harsh...

Hiding their identity is like Boosting their immune system 

• Upvote 1

I find this change totally inconsistent. a player who commits a small infraction on a person can actually spend his time doing it. Certainly this is not always the case but this problem is overcome by the fact that the incriminated player can defend himself. Additionally, there is the ban history which shows the player's personality. In any case, toxic players can always create another Steam account and pay for an ETS2 key for a few cents and come back and spoil the gaming experience. In my opinion, the number of staff should have been increased to process the reports or give small privilege to verified players who could kick players with supporting proof.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Lua Nova said:

13 hours ago, L-DragO* said:

I think you are right ...

Now they can do as they want and no one would know who they are ....

and that is not taking responsibility 

This will only lead to power abuse.....

Being a Moderator has already boosted enough power in them

Hiding their identity gives them Immunity 

Now they can do whatever they like without taking responsibility for incorrect action 

I really don't question TMP decisions 

But, I don't like this one ......

Some Moderators are really harsh...

Hiding their identity is like Boosting their immune system 

I really don't see how we are immune to the system. We are still accountable by any means, you can report every staff members' decisions/actions via Feedback system and it will be reviewed by team managers as said before.

You just won't be given some information excluding some special occasions as you don't actually need it. It's not like we can now do whatever we want. We still have our internal procedures/rules.

You don't need the staff member's information(s) to report them, you can simply link the report on the Feedback ticket or provide your in-game evidence.

The update will prevent most of the "doxxing" and harassment cases which is aimed towards the staff members and not anything else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • True Story 1

1 hour ago, DatSpeed said:

I really don't see how we are immune to the system. We are still accountable by any means, you can report every staff members' decisions/actions via Feedback system and it will be reviewed by team managers as said before.

You just won't be given some information excluding some special occasions as you don't actually need it. It's not like we can now do whatever we want. We still have our internal procedures/rules.

You don't need the staff member's information(s) to report them, you can simply link the report on the Feedback ticket or provide your in-game evidence.

The update will prevent most of the "doxxing" and harassment cases which is aimed towards the staff members and not anything else.

well, it's okay i wouldn't want to argue with you ...

But..even in real life cops get harassed..and talked to ...

in a manner that is not really cool...

is either the cop arrests the person...

And if the cop is wrong...

He gets blamed for his actions ...

He is either dismissed or arrested...

And people will know about it ...

getting blamed for our actions ..

then taking responsibility for it

is how we all learn to do what's right 

20 minutes ago, L-DragO* said:

well, it's okay i wouldn't want to argue with you ...

But..even in real life cops get harassed..and talked to ...

in a manner that is not really cool...

is either the cop arrests the person...

And if the cop is wrong...

He gets blamed for his actions ...

He is either dismissed or arrested...

And people will know about it ...

getting blamed for our actions ..

then taking responsibility for it

is how we all learn to do what's right 

I would also like to mention that just as like your example; we, as staff members face the consequences as well if we're wrong.

Aside from that, I personally find your examples kind of "not compatible". I don't believe it is suitable to compare us with Police Departments/officers. True, police officers also get harassed sometimes, but they have enough authority, power and permission to stop it, whilst we can only moderate the TruckersMP services. So not much we can do, besides features like this.

I don't see any other good way to stop the harassment.

Hello truckers,

I was someone who often reported to the report system. I no longer do that because I had to learn several times that my reports were "rejected" in the end, completely incomprehensibly!!! And I'm not talking about minor violations or human errors... Each of us has already made and experienced them ourselves. I've always found it important to exclude those who knowingly break any type of rules that TMP has.

I've come to the conclusion that presence in the game is simply the better way!! GMs simply have better opportunities there to look at the surrounding area in the demo.

And the reporting system should just be for reporting really blatant cases of rule-breaking. The decision about the 7-day rule for the reports is completely OK! Already an improvement. And relief for game moderators or report moderators.👍 As far as I'm concerned, the number of simultaneous reports can be reduced to 5, but without penalty only because a report was rejected... That always bothered me... you do the work of reporting it and you only get punished because a GM thinks it's not a violation, it was the fault of the game Sync... unfortunately often experienced lately. A game moderator should be aware of his task and must not do his work anonymously!!! That's a very bad decision. I also mean how many here that it is abused, because no one justifies himself personally. Everyone makes mistakes and that happens to one or the other moderator. Already experienced it myself!!!

My suggestion:

1. Drastic tightening of the report system and the rules for it! Then 5 simultaneous reports are enough without penalty for the reporter if something is rejected!

2. Focus on in-game moderation as there are many more options for moderators. Reduce max. possible messages to 1-3. Now if someone blocks the street because they went to dinner and they don't care about the TMP community... Giving the option to disabled players... Example: if 20 different players report a block... the player automatically being kicked by the system.

3. Focus on trolls who just want to disrupt the TMP community!!! Urgent !!! Again, like many before me, I have to say that I have mostly experienced these blatant violations of the rules by cars/trucks without trailers and vans. From time to time there are also trucks with trailers, which drive past the traffic jam on the right or left at full throttle and cause even more chaos right at the front. And you just have to wait longer, cut by these people or some trolls drive into you on purpose, want to see you suffer, which they very often manage to do. And everyone can also read the frustration in the chat.

4. Drastically increase damage to cars and vans!!! If a 2-ton car collides with a single truck of around 8 tons, the car is usually just scrap. Maybe this approach will help take the wind out of the trolls' sails.

5. Completely ignore technical/human failures or minor mistakes made by truckers and don't punish them!!! 2 examples of this I experienced myself... My game is running, I'm in full swing and suddenly my computer went to the desktop by itself, before I was back in the game, 2-3 SEC or more pass, whatever happens, everyone here can imagine... straight ahead and on the Autobahn it usually ends well... but on a country road or in front of a bend... well, stupid!!! The second would be my gamepad, unfortunately the batteries were completely empty... I'm sorry for the one I didn't include on purpose! SORRY But everyone can distinguish something like that and also see it really well in the demos... In the video of the participant it might not really be apparent.

6. Moderators should never be allowed to do their moderation duties anonymously...this will only create bad visibility and fuel suspicion. On the other hand, if they drive themselves, I don't mind if they have a different name... I wouldn't care.

7. I just hope I haven't forgotten anything important. 🙄😜

Why was my post just deleted??? Because it was written in German??? I couldn't find anything that English is mandatory here...manmanman discrimination

Have a nice day everyone and enjoy the game. Always have a good trip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1