Add the Real Simulation Server back again.

57 minutes ago, MartinV90 said:

There is already 5 ETS2 servers of which only 3 are really used. US & SPG are just pointless! Literally as i write this between both there is 10 players!

Thats true

(Played ETS2 more than 9.000 hours in TruckersMP)

TruckersMP              spacer.png     | How to apply the Team ? | Join our Discord | Report a user ? | Read the Rules. |                                                            
Founder                   spacer.png      | How to become a driver ? | Join our Discord | Want to Join our Events ?
Project Manager     spacer.png      | How to apply for Convoy Control ? | Join our Discord | What is OCSC Event ?

Trucker wisdom:

Only when the last exhaust pipe is cold,
the most beautiful truck is banned,
the most experienced truckers are punished,
then you will be amazed to realise
that you can't drive your own food and shit.

Welcome to the VTC "On the road".

I had a vision of gaming in ETS2 & ATS, out of which the VTC ''Auf Achse'' was born. To get as many people together as possible and to live out our passion for trucks.

After all, we are all on the road, so why don't we do it together? Touring together or convoying with other communities?

Let's be honest.... no one wants to be alone. So come to VTC Auf Achse today.

4 hours ago, lIIlIlllIlIlIIlIlIlIlIIl said:

this i agree with! 😄 i apologise, i thought you were suggesting changing the current rules of simulation 1 to these new suggested rules

And why not change Simulation 1? Anyone who doesn't like these suggested rules would still have Simulation 2 or any other servers. Simulation 2 is the same as Simulation 1, only with a higher speed limit, which is what most people seemed to be asking for, according to the results of the previous survey. Maybe these changes would make those people finally realize that they got the server they wanted and finally start using it.

• Upvote 1

why not change simulation 2 then? if you added these rules to sim 1 people would still login to sim 1, ignoring the other servers completely, but then will complain about the low speed limits, this is the reason why simulation 2 isn't popular, because people instinctively login to simulation 1, because trust me if you swapped the speed limits between the sim servers simulation 1 will still be the one with 3000 players online, and simulation 2 will still have 200 players online, they won't go to simulation 2 because they're gonna think "oh but yeah nobody plays on simulation 2" but i have the feeling you already knew that xd

i myself only play sim1 because sim2 barely has any players online, because i'd much rather have the 150kmh speed limit than the 110, but you have nobody to play with if you go to sim2

On 8/16/2023 at 12:31 AM, MartinV90 said:

There is already 5 ETS2 servers of which only 3 are really used. US & SPG are just pointless! Literally as i write this between both there is 10 players!

and arcade too let's be honest, besides promods, only simulation 1 and maybe let's say simulation 2 have enough players to be worth keeping online, the other servers i would just remove, or modify them to the wish of people who want slower servers, with no cars, or etc.

6 hours ago, lIIlIlllIlIlIIlIlIlIlIIl said:

why not change simulation 2 then? if you added these rules to sim 1 people would still login to sim 1, ignoring the other servers completely, but then will complain about the low speed limits, this is the reason why simulation 2 isn't popular, because people instinctively login to simulation 1, because trust me if you swapped the speed limits between the sim servers simulation 1 will still be the one with 3000 players online, and simulation 2 will still have 200 players online, they won't go to simulation 2 because they're gonna think "oh but yeah nobody plays on simulation 2" but i have the feeling you already knew that xd

i myself only play sim1 because sim2 barely has any players online, because i'd much rather have the 150kmh speed limit than the 110, but you have nobody to play with if you go to sim2

I don't get it, honestly. I never asked for a server with 150 Km/h limit. But more than 5000 players did, in the previous survey. They got that server and they don't use it. Now someone asks for a server with 90 Km/h limit and no cars. Changing Simulation 1 would probably make those "speeders" finally switch to Simulation 2 and enjoy the server they wanted. And now, it turns out that they wouldn't do that either, but stay in the server with even lower speed limit and complain...

Logic died long ago in this community, it would seem.

• Upvote 2
  • Awesome! 1

I think we should stop asking for simulation servers or speed servers all the time.because if you want to drive realistically, opening a different server makes no sense,You can fix your speed to 90 from the tab settings, and in order not to write fix, you can close the chet with the f9 key.Unfortunately, tmp doesn't have the luxury of constantly opening a different server.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

People who wanted speed never stopped asking for a speed server. They got it. Why should people who want real simulation now stop asking for a real simulation server? Those who don't want to drive realisticaly would still have their non-realistic servers, so where's the problem?

The problem:

the TruckersMP team officially buried any efforts regarding realistic simulation (Road To Simulation) with the "Back To Basics" project.

They also let it be known that they discontinued their support of simulation fans, as they are a minority of their community:

On 3/31/2023 at 1:08 AM, Jeronimο said:

It's a reality we have to face that there will always be people happy and likewise unhappy with updates, no matter what we do. This update aims to accommodate for a strong desire among a significant share of our players. At the end of the day, and as is the reality of any MMO-based community, there are players with different interests. I thoroughly understand there is a group of players that desires the true core of the games, namely pursuing simulation, but at the same time we also have to face that this is a virtual game and that other players wish to play the game in a different fashion; it is unreasonable to expect players to play in the exact same manner as you want to play the game. There is definitely a group that takes simulation seriously, and that's great, nobody wishes to put an end to that either. But there's also a group that wants to drive more casually and have fun in that way; one could wonder what is wrong about that and why those two groups cannot co-exist and each pursue their own interests. The speed limit is a maximum, not a minimum; that means that players can decide for themselves how fast they wish to drive. It is often mentioned that players that enjoy higher speed limits only drive on CD road. Good for them, right? They apparently have their own environment and if you don't like what happens around there, then you can simply take one of the other hundreds, if not thousands, other roads that are in the game and have fun by playing in your own style. Likewise, the Simulation 1 server – which enjoyed much support in the Community Survey – is still a thing as well. All that has happened here, realistically, is that players gained more liberty.

(Source: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/111663-project-update-back-to-basics/page/3/)

Meaning they don't and they won't provide a simulation server.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

19 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I don't get it, honestly. I never asked for a server with 150 Km/h limit. But more than 5000 players did, in the previous survey. They got that server and they don't use it. Now someone asks for a server with 90 Km/h limit and no cars. Changing Simulation 1 would probably make those "speeders" finally switch to Simulation 2 and enjoy the server they wanted. And now, it turns out that they wouldn't do that either, but stay in the server with even lower speed limit and complain...

Logic died long ago in this community, it would seem.

because that server for speedsters was close to being "secretly" implemented, i did not see anywhere any announcement for the high speed server, except for when i specifically looked into it because i saw a video of someone driving 150kmh in tmp on tiktok, so nobody really knew about this better, high speed server and they just sticked to sim 1, and when they found out about the high speed sim 2 they also sticked to playing on sim 1 because nobody except a handful of players are online on sim 2 at all times, does that have logic enough for you? or you just want to ignore what im trying to say man, come on...

4 hours ago, lIIlIlllIlIlIIlIlIlIlIIl said:

because that server for speedsters was close to being "secretly" implemented, i did not see anywhere any announcement for the high speed server, except for when i specifically looked into it because i saw a video of someone driving 150kmh in tmp on tiktok, so nobody really knew about this better, high speed server and they just sticked to sim 1, and when they found out about the high speed sim 2 they also sticked to playing on sim 1 because nobody except a handful of players are online on sim 2 at all times, does that have logic enough for you? or you just want to ignore what im trying to say man, come on...

Here: 

Or here: https://truckersmp.com/blog/288

I can't tell about other media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. because I don't use those. But whomever wants to keep up to date with what happens in TruckersMP would surely check the site and forums regularly, I'd expect.

Secretly implemented? Only if you don't bother/care about being informed. And if that's the case, every changes in TMP will be "secretly implemented" for you.

Maybe that's why I don't see the logic, I never had any problems when it comes to reading, so it's likely that I fail to understand those who find it so difficult... But I also fail to understand how more than 5000 players whined for years to have their beloved EU#2 server back, only to completely ignore it when they got it.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

@[GER] Kev_hapunkt What about removing map modifications made by TMP (Duisburg, C-D road, TMP HQ) from this server as well, would there be any need for them?

On 8/18/2023 at 4:16 PM, lIIlIlllIlIlIIlIlIlIlIIl said:

This is so friggin hilarious to read, but thank you for confirming my suspicions.

TruckersMP should focus heavily on TikTok and make every announcement exclusively in video form, preferably slowly repeating everyting at least five times within a each video, for this great community deserves it.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 11:31 PM, MartinV90 said:

true

(Played ETS2 more than 9.000 hours in TruckersMP)

TruckersMP              spacer.png     | How to apply the Team ? | Join our Discord | Report a user ? | Read the Rules. |                                                            
Founder                   spacer.png      | How to become a driver ? | Join our Discord | Want to Join our Events ?
Project Manager     spacer.png      | How to apply for Convoy Control ? | Join our Discord | What is OCSC Event ?

Trucker wisdom:

Only when the last exhaust pipe is cold,
the most beautiful truck is banned,
the most experienced truckers are punished,
then you will be amazed to realise
that you can't drive your own food and shit.

Welcome to the VTC "On the road".

I had a vision of gaming in ETS2 & ATS, out of which the VTC ''Auf Achse'' was born. To get as many people together as possible and to live out our passion for trucks.

After all, we are all on the road, so why don't we do it together? Touring together or convoying with other communities?

Let's be honest.... no one wants to be alone. So come to VTC Auf Achse today.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2023 at 2:27 AM, [GER] Kev_hapunkt said:

Proposal Name: 

Suggestion Description: 
- The entire server consists of collision, including in the companies.
- A maximum of 90 kmh may be driven on the server ( WoT). 
- The limit in the cities is 50 kmh
- The use of cars is not allowed. 

- no /fix command

Any sample images:
 No.

Why should it be added?
It is with great regret that a not insignificant part of the community has to realise that the servers are developing more and more into a racing event. The realistic driving and playing of a truck simulation is completely overshadowed by reckless drivers who confuse GTA with ETS and racers who drive recklessly and at completely unrealistic speeds. It has long since ceased to be about playing a realistic truck simulation with friends and others, but only about whether you can still get your freight to its destination at all. 

That's why I would like to see, and I'm sure many others would too, a place where this truck simulation can be played in peace with friends. 

I am always open to suggestions or other constructive opinions.

Hi there,

It would be absolutely awesome to have a simulation server back agian, I really miss having the simulation server, a place where mostly everyone is respecting the road rules and not a car in sight, it would be awesome to go back to it and I would fully support the idea of a simulation server returning. Unfortunately as per the last changes we did, we moved away from the simulation aspect and moved for a bit more of an arcade experience. I would love to see a server back like this as it would entice the older players such as myself to come on more, and to chill way more. I'm quite old in the community now, and several of the players that used to play don't want to return anymore due to the lack of simulation feel and prefer to keep it on convoy mode for that reason, and I can compeltely understand why they do it, as they don't want to join the mayhem of the current servers.

Kind Regards,
Fezz98
TruckersMP Game Moderation Manager

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2023 at 2:27 AM, [GER] Kev_hapunkt said:

Proposal Name: 

Suggestion Description: 
- The entire server consists of collision, including in the companies.
- A maximum of 90 kmh may be driven on the server ( WoT). 
- The limit in the cities is 50 kmh
- The use of cars is not allowed. 

- no /fix command

Any sample images:
 No.

Why should it be added?
It is with great regret that a not insignificant part of the community has to realise that the servers are developing more and more into a racing event. The realistic driving and playing of a truck simulation is completely overshadowed by reckless drivers who confuse GTA with ETS and racers who drive recklessly and at completely unrealistic speeds. It has long since ceased to be about playing a realistic truck simulation with friends and others, but only about whether you can still get your freight to its destination at all. 

That's why I would like to see, and I'm sure many others would too, a place where this truck simulation can be played in peace with friends. 

I am always open to suggestions or other constructive opinions.

A couple of months on since your original suggestion and I have never wanted something so much!! (Seen multiple people requesting a similar type of server, including myself) I’m loosing interest in TMP with the way things currently are! 

Sim 1 is just chaotic, especially the CD area, and you can try and go to a quieter area but it’s just not the same and you still have people trolling. Sim 2 has a ridiculous speed limit of 130! Like irl pretty sure max a truck can go is 90! So if you don’t want the chaos of Sim 1 you are forced to use sim 2 where drivers are using it as a racetrack. (Only arcade should have such speeds)

My thoughts about the real simulation server: 

• 90 limit (WOT Speed)

• collisions in companies (this is what makes it that little bit more real life you having to wait for a loading bay) 

• Car Free sever! (The game is called Euro Truck after all! 1 car free server won’t kill people) 

• Also love the no /fix command! 

I do feel though, if this server was implemented, they would strongly have to consider disabling AFK, this reduces the risk of drivers parking at companies and clogging up loading bays  (assuming they would become collision zones) 

I also feel anybody who played in this server should receive tougher punishments if they are banned (by implementing this, you are encouraging people to drive professionally, and it is a way of putting off the trolls) 

Of course you are never going to get 4000 drivers in this server, but the way I see it you currently have 5 servers, only 2 really get good numbers to keep open, so you could easily revamp one of the existing servers, so it is not costing you money to set up a brand new server.

Lastly, TMP consists different types of drivers, those who want chaos, those who want to troll, but Also a good amount of drivers who wish to drive together in a professional way as real as possible to simulate real life. Honestly, this server could be a huge success, and there is clearly demand for it! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 6:29 PM, [GER] Kev_hapunkt said:

Thats true

Fascinating how when it comes to implementing an actual sim/realism server, people crawl out of the woodwork and scream that we have no server space or that it would be too low pop/no users to bother implementing. Yet we have multiple servers, doing just that. Being utterly useless. Like how in the F is the TMP team not able to manage resources better and re purpose servers that could be deemed useless to something that a part of the community can use. I don't know how much more vocal the sim/realism crowd can get. 

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

On 11/17/2023 at 7:14 PM, Mischievous_Vixen said:

Fascinating how when it comes to implementing an actual sim/realism server, people crawl out of the woodwork and scream that we have no server space or that it would be too low pop/no users to bother implementing. Yet we have multiple servers, doing just that. Being utterly useless. Like how in the F is the TMP team not able to manage resources better and re purpose servers that could be deemed useless to something that a part of the community can use. I don't know how much more vocal the sim/realism crowd can get. 

Thanks for identifying the elephant in the room.

The so called majority of this community demanded a higher speed limit. Now that it's implemented ("simulation" 2 server), only a few seem to care for it anymore.

The result is a more or less deserted server, which could be used as a realistic simulation server.

But as the TruckersMP team turned away from simulation, such a server configuration must not be. And especially not if it benefits only a small group of simulation fans.

• True Story 1