CD Needs An Overhaul

Sunstrider

Suggestion Name: CD Needs An Overhaul

Suggestion Description: This road is not outfitted to handle 2,500-3,500 on a daily basis. It needs an overhaul to be better suited to handle the load it sees daily.

Any example images: No. But, here's a video from my July 11, 2023 session of 2 round trips on CD. (Once the video is done uploading, watch it).

Why should it be added?: It's a known fact that CD is where the majority of the community plays. But staff, refuse to do anything about it and would rather what for SCS to revamps 2 particular countries instead. The road is bleeding just about everywhere. From lack of more lanes to bottlenecks just about everywhere. The entirety of CD needs an overhaul NOW to handle 3,000 players better and to deal with some of the problem areas.

What it needs

1. Larger gas stations with one way roads into and out of it along with junction merges to help things flow better.
  2. More travel lanes to handle more players better and a central divider to keep the flow of traffic on their respective sides.
  3. Better Junctions to keep traffic moving without an intersection of a stop light.

All the add-on team has to do is just modify the rest of the road. Not like they are making a brand new game.

• Upvote 4
  • Awesome! 2

Ahhh, mate, I'm rooting for you.
We are tired of saying the same things for years, but unfortunately the administration does not take the necessary steps.

This is also a fact. being an admin in this game is voluntary..
In fact, an admin has no obligation to enter the game after filling the weekly banning quota. This also applies to other team members.

Unfortunately, very big developments will remain limited as there is not enough dedication after this time.
The game moderators don't make money from this game, so they don't have to do anything..

If you pay your team members a salary, see how they change everything. :mlg_doge:

• True Story 3

3RapOpo.png  

Hai there, 

@Somehow Luckybigfaan

First of all, I want to thank you for creating thus topic which is really known here and that's our favourite Calais-Duisburg road. Unfortunately, I been a bit dissapointed about that cause when I go to drive, I can't see many people outside of the area, everyone's just spending their life there. Since then I go to there to because I don't like to drive alone without seeing nobody around me.

If I always say something here at forums about increasing of GM's members, because they are unable to handle it all at thus time as there is registered about 5 million people. 

The GM's activity is quite lower than it was before few years, no one will say that, but they joining the team cause they are admins and can help, but not like we would like to see on the servers. I prefer to not talk about it anymore cause it won't help, Game Managers will not take anything from it. Each GM will say, we can't be active 24/7... etc. Who wants to see that high activity? I think we know that work takes a lot of their time as they also have their own life. However, they have to think about it, if they are ready to handle everything. 

What would increased the actvity: 

- hire an active GM's - that means their activity would be strictly checked every month. 

- move some GM's to the C-D road, (make a some daily plan / sheet-> like @redwolf - He is gonna be active there for 2 hours.... and then I will change with someone.) == There is missing some logistics system...... same in web reports. 

- remove the inactive Game Moderators.

That's all, which might help in the future. I would really like to speak about it with management, but they have their own heads and they will do everything by themselves.

I was the one, who tried to join team few times, and got rejected... It's in their hands. 

I could write more and more but its a bit unnecessary.

Have a good day

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV I MCG Driver 

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hello,

I think they are aware of the problems on the Duisburg - calais road, but instead of editing the road, I think the problem will go away if players now choose different routes and travel to different parts of the map. For example, let's say there are 3,500 players on the server. 1,500 players repeatedly commute to and from duisburg - calais, while the remaining 1,500 players repeatedly commute to the kirkenes quarry. The remaining 500 players are the players we see in different locations on the map. So if players always choose the same route, I don't think it's TruckersMP's problem.

Kind regards,

ROSMERY

Hello @Somehow Lucky,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this suggestion. 

I fully agree with a complete renewal of the C-D road. By now I think that it has been a long time that many people have been talking about it but that no decision has ever been made to make the flow of traffic better with many players traveling on that road. 

I think it is time to consider these ideas because really that road at this time only creates dangers and accidents. 

I just hope that the moderators do not complain about receiving many reports of accidents and violations of rules on that road. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

Why make another highway, when there is already one, which is also shorter and faster.

C-D road is useless scenic detour from nowhere to nowhere and I long for the day when SCS finally rebuilds this whole area and causes an uproar and petitions to TMP to bring the old road back:LUL:.

Frankly, I think we will see a blog post named "Germany rework - Duisburg" in not very distant future.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, ROSMERY said:

Hello,

I think they are aware of the problems on the Duisburg - calais road, but instead of editing the road, I think the problem will go away if players now choose different routes and travel to different parts of the map. For example, let's say there are 3,500 players on the server. 1,500 players repeatedly commute to and from duisburg - calais, while the remaining 1,500 players repeatedly commute to the kirkenes quarry. The remaining 500 players are the players we see in different locations on the map. So if players always choose the same route, I don't think it's TruckersMP's problem.

Kind regards,

ROSMERY

I don't think it's TruckersMP's problem.

Thank you @ROSMERY

its never TMP Problem 

players just choose to drive more

on CD

rather for them to explore the MAP🗺

what do you expect on a place congested by Trafic🚥 .

you all choose to desert the Map🗺

all for just one place

and yall blaming TMP for this and that.....

The fact which yall know but dont want to admit is ...

CD is the Heart💜Beat of Simulation 1

Kirkenes Quarry is the Heart💜Beat of ProMods 

TMP is not stopping anyone from enjoying the Game/Simulation

yall are the one stopping yourselves Choosing to Drive on one place everyday day ..

it makes me Wonder!!! how many percents have yall explore in the Map🗺 

Hello, @L-DragO*

I guess you didn't understand me. I wanted to state that I believe it would be a more accurate move for the players to choose different routes instead of going to the C-D route 500 times a day and would alleviate the report load.
long story short, I think we will see more players in different parts of the map if they prefer different routes instead of revising the D-C route.

Kind regards,

ROSMERY

1 hour ago, ROSMERY said:

Hello, @L-DragO*

I guess you didn't understand me. I wanted to state that I believe it would be a more accurate move for the players to choose different routes instead of going to the C-D route 500 times a day and would alleviate the report load.
long story short, I think we will see more players in different parts of the map if they prefer different routes instead of revising the D-C route.

Kind regards,

ROSMERY

Hello @ROSMERY,

It is true that many players may choose different paths instead of always going the C-D road going back and forth from Calais to Duisburg and from Duisburg to Calais. 

But many players like to play in traffic and since most players drive on that C-D road, that's why it's mostly traveled more than once a day. 

On truckersmp there is no possibility to have computerized traffic other than real players (As it happens in the single player of the game). 

The map in the game is very big but... I think for many players it may be boring to drive on highways where there is no one completely. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

On 7/13/2023 at 9:58 AM, ROSMERY said:

Hello,

Kind regards,

ROSMERY

CD Road doesn't exist in Promods. Kirkenes Quarry doesn't exist in the base map. But yea, players should venture different ways. But they won't. 90% of the traffic will do bad merging just to make the ramp on either end.

On 7/13/2023 at 6:15 PM, Be4rdy said:

Scary thing is theres a road from calais to duisburg that is 2 laned the whole way and can handle the traffic but nobody wants to go that way. (ps its not the route marked but it goes via lille, liege, koln, dortmund and then into duisburg)

https://imgur.com/uxcrq3T

Some do. Just not as high as a population.

On 7/13/2023 at 9:25 PM, Granite said:

Why make another highway, when there is already one, which is also shorter and faster.

C-D road is useless scenic detour from nowhere to nowhere and I long for the day when SCS finally rebuilds this whole area and causes an uproar and petitions to TMP to bring the old road back:LUL:.

Frankly, I think we will see a blog post named "Germany rework - Duisburg" in not very distant future.

I agree.

Additionally, I hope we'll see an long overdue update of the BeNeLux.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 7:32 AM, BladeWiz said:

If you remember the April Fool joke they did on C-D with the fixed. People complain that they want the old version back because of the crash and stopping for the train. So I highly doubt they will fix it. Let alone change it.

I already figured that when it's been many months and still have done no efforts to help that problem area. Not just the train, the gas stations and Calais exit.

On 7/13/2023 at 5:31 PM, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Hai there, 

@Somehow Luckybigfaan

First of all, I want to thank you for creating thus topic which is really known here and that's our favourite Calais-Duisburg road. Unfortunately, I been a bit dissapointed about that cause when I go to drive, I can't see many people outside of the area, everyone's just spending their life there. Since then I go to there to because I don't like to drive alone without seeing nobody around me.

If I always say something here at forums about increasing of GM's members, because they are unable to handle it all at thus time as there is registered about 5 million people. 

The GM's activity is quite lower than it was before few years, no one will say that, but they joining the team cause they are admins and can help, but not like we would like to see on the servers. I prefer to not talk about it anymore cause it won't help, Game Managers will not take anything from it. Each GM will say, we can't be active 24/7... etc. Who wants to see that high activity? I think we know that work takes a lot of their time as they also have their own life. However, they have to think about it, if they are ready to handle everything. 

What would increased the actvity: 

- hire an active GM's - that means their activity would be strictly checked every month. 

- move some GM's to the C-D road, (make a some daily plan / sheet-> like @redwolf - He is gonna be active there for 2 hours.... and then I will change with someone.) == There is missing some logistics system...... same in web reports. 

- remove the inactive Game Moderators.

That's all, which might help in the future. I would really like to speak about it with management, but they have their own heads and they will do everything by themselves.

I was the one, who tried to join team few times, and got rejected... It's in their hands. 

I could write more and more but its a bit unnecessary.

Have a good day

Regards,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV I MCG Driver 

You are right at one point about the fact that they should increase the amount of active moderators, I specially think that they need moderators outside of Europe so that everyone can be on C-D even if its not 24/7 (which is a bit exaggerating) but still there should be a in game moderator who can at least even for 1 hour can sort the traffic and punish the i'll mannered players of C-D, First of all they should increase their man power they should hire or make spaces for more GML, GMT and  then you need to have many Game Moderator and Report Moderator and the work should be distributed equally by all its not like the GM has to ban and deal with web reports the GML and GMT team should also handle web reports if every one works together then I believe the web reports would decrease even if its by 2%. And the fact that there are 75 Game moderators and 14 Report moderator and 8 Report Moderator Trainee. Let's exclude the report mod trainee there are in total 89 Gm and Report mod who are dealing with web reports, Lets say there is like 20k web reports right now so 89 GM's and RM's (report mod)  does like 30 web reports daily that add's up to 2670 web repots this can reduce the stress factor and workload and if we add the GML and GMT then that's easily 3000 reports done. Like you said in your reply that the management needs a good amount of rework like even with 89 Team member who deals with web reports the count never goes down from HIGH!! to medium or low. They should fix the system and Recruit more Aspiring and Dedicated Game Moderator instead of some Game Mods who just like's to flash their red in game tag and does something for a change if you can't do your work then the Exit is always open some one better then you can fill your space.

That's what I think and its my own opinion so feel free to share your thought's everyone.

Have a good day Peace.

• True Story 1

Hello!

We know that the C-D road has been facing its problems for some time, I say this from my own experience, I always go there and I see that there are places that can be modified. In view of this, I thought the suggestion was good, however it is a "complex" work for TruckersMP and SCS, I believe that there will be no change in C-D for now, but who knows in the future? Therefore, the high traffic on the C-D road also involves trolls and impatient players, which most of the time causes accidents and blocks all traffic, I see this daily there, and it is something that is impossible to avoid, even with all the help and support of the moderators.

Previous classification.: imagem%5D

Idiomas: Português e Inglês | Discórdia: _amexz_

Bem-vindo e boa condução! 🚚🚧