Do you agree to the introduction of a new server for banned players?

Do you agree to the introduction of a new server for banned players?   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree to the introduction of a new server for banned players?

• Yes
    • No

Hello! 

In my opinion, there are many players who are banned on the game and do you agree to open a server for banned players? (up to 3 months ban). 

If a player will be permanently banned, will not be able to access any server (so not even this server that I am saying). 

The rules for the new server can be as follows:

1) No collisions for the entire map. 

2) No speed limits. 

I would like to say that I am against it, but I would like to know the opinions of others. Vote yes or no. 

Add a comment ONLY if necessary. 

Tell me your opinion. 

Thank you. 

Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

Hello @ROMANISTA [ITA],

In my personal opinion, having a server dedicated exclusively to banned players on TruckersMP would be a bad idea for several reasons. While it may seem like a solution to allow banned players to continue playing without disrupting other users, there are significant drawbacks to implementing such a server.

---

• Undermining the Purpose of a Ban: A ban is typically imposed as a consequence for violating the rules and regulations of a platform. It serves as a deterrent and a disciplinary measure to maintain a healthy and fair gaming environment. Creating a separate server for banned players contradicts the purpose of the ban and dilutes its effectiveness.

• Encouraging Toxic Behavior: Allowing banned players to access a dedicated server can foster a toxic and negative part of the community. Such players may feel encouraged to engage in further misconduct, especially if they are still allowed access to an exclusive server for the duration of their ban. Thus potentially leading to an environment that in some cases encourages reckless driving, hacking, and other forms of rule breaches.

• Negative Impact on Community Perception: The existence of a server exclusively for banned players could harm the overall perception and reputation of TruckersMP. It may lead to public scrutiny, criticism, and reduced trust from the community and potential new players. The perception of an environment that is more lenient towards rule-breaking and overall misconduct could deter genuine players from engaging with the platform.

---

That being said, rather than creating a separate server for banned players, it is generally more effective for TruckersMP to focus on maintaining the current fair and consistent enforcement of rules, educating players about appropriate behavior, and providing opportunities for banned players to learn from their mistakes. These efforts contribute to a healthier gaming community and can ensure that the platform remains enjoyable for everyone involved.

Kind regards,
SvartWolf
TruckersMP Game Moderator

• Like 1

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, SvartWolf said:

Hello @ROMANISTA [ITA],

In my personal opinion, having a server dedicated exclusively to banned players on TruckersMP would be a bad idea for several reasons. While it may seem like a solution to allow banned players to continue playing without disrupting other users, there are significant drawbacks to implementing such a server.

---

• Undermining the Purpose of a Ban: A ban is typically imposed as a consequence for violating the rules and regulations of a platform. It serves as a deterrent and a disciplinary measure to maintain a healthy and fair gaming environment. Creating a separate server for banned players contradicts the purpose of the ban and dilutes its effectiveness.

• Encouraging Toxic Behavior: Allowing banned players to access a dedicated server can foster a toxic and negative part of the community. Such players may feel encouraged to engage in further misconduct, especially if they are still allowed access to an exclusive server for the duration of their ban. Thus potentially leading to an environment that in some cases encourages reckless driving, hacking, and other forms of rule breaches.

• Negative Impact on Community Perception: The existence of a server exclusively for banned players could harm the overall perception and reputation of TruckersMP. It may lead to public scrutiny, criticism, and reduced trust from the community and potential new players. The perception of an environment that is more lenient towards rule-breaking and overall misconduct could deter genuine players from engaging with the platform.

---

That being said, rather than creating a separate server for banned players, it is generally more effective for TruckersMP to focus on maintaining the current fair and consistent enforcement of rules, educating players about appropriate behavior, and providing opportunities for banned players to learn from their mistakes. These efforts contribute to a healthier gaming community and can ensure that the platform remains enjoyable for everyone involved.

Kind regards,
SvartWolf

Hello @SvartWolf,

Thank you for your answer. 

I want to clarify that I fully agree with you and I think exactly like you. Also in my opinion it would be better not to use a server dedicated only to people who are banned. 

It's not that I would want such a server, also because I like to follow the rules in the game without violations. 

I opened this topic ONLY to know the opinions of other players in this forum on what they think. 

But my answer is NO for a server of players banned. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

16 minutes ago, Kid Fabi said:

What's the purpose of getting banned if you could still play the game?

I agree. But I would like to know from the community of this forum, what they think about it and whether or not others would like a server as I have described. I don't want this server for players banned. 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

Hello @ROMANISTA [ITA],

Thank you for the interest in creating this topic and making TMP in a better place.

I do not agree with your opinion of creating a dedicated server only for banned players,also because the ban should help you understand and reflect where you went wrong and why you did it and to make sure you don't do it anymore maybe...

Creating a banned server doesn't make any sense in my opinion, it's like if your parents ground you for a certain amount of time and you can't use your pc, or your favorite game, etc. and then sometimes make an exception and make you play... what's the point of that? What have you understood? Nothing.

Who has been banned is because he certainly wanted it, and he also put his effort into it. I don't think admins ban you without any reasons...If that happen you can create an appeal or a feedback and explain the situation.

Indeed, in my opinion, I would not even give them access to the forum and to be able to create topics, as often or occasionally there are topics "I got banned by an admin pls unban me", or on the discord server in the "support and general" section.

My answer to the topic is NO.

Kind Regaards,

Rosso. | Aurora Driver.

• True Story 1

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

2 hours ago, SvartWolf said:

Hello @ROMANISTA [ITA],

---

---

Kind regards,
SvartWolf

I agree with this message. A banned player should serve their penalty and learn from their mistakes. Otherwise, the punishment will lose its meaning, and when they return after the suspension, they will continue with toxic behavior and disturbing other members. Therefore, I believe it's best for everyone to pay attention to the rules, conduct, and behavior of the game from the very beginning to avoid getting banned.

-> Exchwen <-

-> KDURGUT TV | CO-Founder & Developer & Leader Pilot <-

-> TruckersMP Exchwen | TruckersMP Forum | Discord | YouTube <-
-> Appeal a Ban | Report a User | Feedback | Support | Knowledge Base | Event Request | Rules | Event Rules | Meet the Team | Join the Team <-

Languages that I know;
Türkçe, English

Have a safe trucking and have a good day!

Hai @ROMANISTA [ITA] bigfaan! 

First of all, thank you for creating thus topic and trying to make thus community better place. 

After reviewing your suggestion about allow to connect banned players on the special, I have to say this below.

In my opinion the banned players should not get access to the servers if they are already banned. Secondary, ban is shows up inappropriate behaviour of any kind etc. 

- As the next there is no sense to allow players to play on different servers even there is non-collision zones. 

Like @Kid Fabi perfectly said and got the best answer to your topic!

Therefore, I can't agree with this even it can be the second chance to play if you are banned, however there are many rules and they should be respected. 

My dream that will never come in true is to see all players respect the rules. 

To being said, thank you for your time! 

Have a nice day, greetings from Egypt

Kind Regards, 

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV I MCG Driver 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

This is pretty much a variation of the suggestion I made recently to restrict the access the EU1 (SIM1) server to only people with 0 or low bans: 

Basically it is equivalent to force them to go on the other servers. Which is what you suggest here: have them on a server where banned people are not banned 🙂

23 hours ago, Kid Fabi said:

What's the purpose of getting banned if you could still play the game?

You can be banned from A and still have access to B, C, D etc...

Rules are different between each server.

The big benefit with my suggestion (not much with this suggestion) is that A would be seen as the "Elite" server where only the best players could access. It would be a good incentive for bad players to improve their behaviours on the road while not being completely excluded or in "pause mode" until their last ban ends.

• 1 month later...

Hello @ROMANISTA [ITA],

As I can see, you created this topic with the purpose of gathering opinions of other players, rather than submitting an actual suggestion. Since this is not a suggestion, I will be closing this topic. In future, if you decide to open a topic with the purpose of discussing something and gathering opinions, ensure you do that within the discussion categories on our forum.

Thanks for understanding!

Sincerely,

Leon Baker

Community Manager

// Rejected