Restrict SIM1 server to responsible drivers (0 or low ban)

Foobrother

Suggestion Name: Restrict SIM1 server to responsible drivers (0 or low ban)

Suggestion Description: As we know we have a big issue with reckless driving on SIM1. And especially trolls who just keep on getting banned. We also have a second server, SIM2, which isn't very used. I suggest to only allow access to SIM1 to players with 1 ban, or no ban, over the last 3 months. If you were banned twice or more in the last 3 months you won't be able to connect to SIM1. You will have access to all the other servers but not SIM1.

Why should it be added?: This will help filter out all the drivers who play on SIM1 as if they were on the Arcade server. And this should reduce drastically the number of in-game and web-reports.

• Upvote 9

Sure, why not.

As active bans can play a role in the imposition of the penalty, they may also play a role in the use of TruckersMP services.

But don't forget that the TruckersMP Team's favorite child is still the arcade player, because they are the majority of this community.

And just like in politics, the TruckersMP team doesn't want to lose the support of their majority, which makes your suggestion unlikely to be considered.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

12 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

But don't forget that the TruckersMP Team's favorite child is still the arcade player, because they are the majority of this community.

And just like in politics, the TruckersMP team doesn't want to lose the support of their majority, which makes your suggestion unlikely to be considered.

Yes, that's why I thought, by allowing them to continue to play on the other servers, it would be a good middle ground. If this suggestion is implemented you could imagine having shorter bans. That way the bad players will be able to play more often but on the other servers. 🙄

• Like 1

Sounds quite beneficial here because you guys want the old EU1 back so you can peacefully drive your truck at 80 or 90km/h. The update didn't force people to go to SIM 2 with a even higher speed limit. So the last change didn't benefit you guys. So changing Sim 1 to something for realists sound good to me. At least, they still got Sim 2 for the same configuration, you've got collisions, you've got a higher speed limit, why stick with Sim 1 bothering the realists to drive realistically.

• True Story 3

29 minutes ago, Miyu* said:

Sounds quite beneficial here because you guys want the old EU1 back so you can peacefully drive your truck at 80 or 90km/h. The update didn't force people to go to SIM 2 with a even higher speed limit. So the last change didn't benefit you guys. So changing Sim 1 to something for realists sound good to me. At least, they still got Sim 2 for the same configuration, you've got collisions, you've got a higher speed limit, why stick with Sim 1 bothering the realists to drive realistically.

as a game Moderator, why do you Sim1 is more popular???

37 minutes ago, L-DragO* said:

as a game Moderator, why do you Sim1 is more popular???

The only 2 reasons I can think of people choosing Sim 1 over Sim 2, now, even after BACK TO BASICS.

• People prefer 110km/h over 150km/h
    • But you know that's not true, half of the polls voted they wanted a 150km/h limit + collisions + road rules server
  • People who just want to stick together
    • Then why don't the majority shift to Sim 2.
      • Sim 1: 110km/h + collisions + road rules
      • Sim 2: 150km/h + collisions + road rules
        • Any disadvantages of the server? (The server capacity can be adjusted, no one said it is fixed no matter what)

The people above you in this post are true realists and they want to drive as realistic as possible. They don't mean only them driving 80km/h or 90km/h but they also don't want to see players overtaking them at 110km/h or even trolls to bother them. What if they now join Sim 2? Of course there are less trolls on the server, but this time, players will overtake them at 150km/h.

They are the ones who are being forgotten in this change and if you don't know, there was such a server that fits their needs. The old Sim 1 (EU 1) server has a speed limit of 90km/h so of course it isn't that popular but there's another server that is exactly the same config as Sim 2 (EU 2) where the majority goes there.

They can't get their dream Sim 1 back now but at least they can drive more peacefully...?

I don't speak for anyone but I simply don't think it's a bad idea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miyu* said:

The only 2 reasons I can think of people choosing Sim 1 over Sim 2, now, even after BACK TO BASICS.

• People prefer 110km/h over 150km/h
    • But you know that's not true, half of the polls voted they wanted a 150km/h limit + collisions + road rules server
  • People who just want to stick together
    • Then why don't the majority shift to Sim 2.
      • Sim 1: 110km/h + collisions + road rules
      • Sim 2: 150km/h + collisions + road rules
        • Any disadvantages of the server? (The server capacity can be adjusted, no one said it is fixed no matter what)

The people above you in this post are true realists and they want to drive as realistic as possible. They don't mean only them driving 80km/h or 90km/h but they also don't want to see players overtaking them at 110km/h or even trolls to bother them. What if they now join Sim 2? Of course there are less trolls on the server, but this time, players will overtake them at 150km/h.

They are the ones who are being forgotten in this change and if you don't know, there was such a server that fits their needs. The old Sim 1 (EU 1) server has a speed limit of 90km/h so of course it isn't that popular but there's another server that is exactly the same config as Sim 2 (EU 2) where the majority goes there.

They can't get their dream Sim 1 back now but at least they can drive more peacefully...?

I don't speak for anyone but I simply don't think it's a bad idea. 

The people above you in this post are true realists and they want to drive as realistic as possible. They don't mean only them driving 80km/h or 90km/h but they also don't want to see players overtaking them at 110km/h or even trolls to bother them

they are so many Rout in the Game why always CD ??

if you want realistic why CD?

if you want 80 to 90 km/h why CD?

if you don't want to be overtaken why CD?

if you don't want trolls why CD?

if you don't want to hear unpleasant things on CB radio or chat why CD?

The answer to my first question is .....

Sim1 is popular because of CD Route

Not because of realistic Driving 🚘 as you say...

if you really don't want any driver to disturb your realistic Driving

they are so many less-populated routes.

we all take CD because of the population,to meet familiar Drivers 

and to make friends 

if SCS or TMP Expends CD Route ..... it will become less popular and Boring!!!

and Pro mods will take the upper hand 

the reason why Promods come second is that not everyone has the required DLC 

if playing Promods required just one DLC then I promise you

Promods would have been the most popular Sever!

• Upvote 1

In my Autotest Suggestion, i make a similar point. If banned players can't pass the test, they should be denied access to Sim 1 & ProMods.

Seriously though, why are staff not restricting repeat offenders who can't be bothered to play the game for what it is originally intended to be. Are they holding out hope that the offender will learn their lesson and that they will be a normal player so that they will stop getting banned?

39 minutes ago, L-DragO* said:

The people above you in this post are true realists and they want to drive as realistic as possible. They don't mean only them driving 80km/h or 90km/h but they also don't want to see players overtaking them at 110km/h or even trolls to bother them

if you don't want to hear unpleasant things on CB radio or chat why CD?

The answer to my first question is .....

Sim1 is popular because of CD Route

Not because of realistic Driving 🚘 as you say...

and to make friends 

if SCS or TMP Expends CD Route ..... it will become less popular and Boring!!!

and Pro mods will take the upper hand 

the reason why Promods come second is that not everyone has the required DLC 

if playing Promods required just one DLC then I promise you

Promods would have been the most popular Sever!

It sounds like if I drive on C-D then I can't support their idea, or Sim 2 doesn't have C-D?

Or driving 150km/h on C-D isn't C-D anymore, or C-D road in an empty server can't be called C-D, according to your standard?

What are you worrying about?

If you and me moved to Sim 2, we can still continue driving there together?

Don't forget the poll results, the majority voted the Sim 2 server and yet no one goes there now, why?

If C-D sticks you together, then I guess moving to Sim 2 isn't a problem at all?

2 minutes ago, Miyu* said:

It sounds like if I drive on C-D then I can't support their idea, or Sim 2 doesn't have C-D?

Or driving 150km/h on C-D isn't C-D anymore, or C-D road in an empty server can't be called C-D, according to your standard?

What are you worrying about?

If you and me moved to Sim 2, we can still continue driving there together?

Don't forget the poll results, the majority voted the Sim 2 server and yet no one goes there now, why?

If C-D sticks you together, then I guess moving to Sim 2 isn't a problem at all?

😆😀😄😀

Guest killiash

Hello, Foobrother!

The idea is not bad, but no one canceled the purchase of a new account. Therefore, your proposal is meaningless.

Sorry for my bad English. 

50 minutes ago, C. C. Catch said:

Hello, Foobrother!

The idea is not bad, but no one canceled the purchase of a new account. Therefore, your proposal is meaningless.

Sorry for my bad English. 

Why don't you do it, if it's that simple? Instead of waiting for your 5th ban in 12 months to end?

You are the example showing it's not that straightforward and effortless 😉 

Guest killiash
1 hour ago, Foobrother said:

Why don't you do it, if it's that simple? Instead of waiting for your 5th ban in 12 months to end?

You are the example showing it's not that straightforward and effortless 😉 

I will decide when I need to create a new account and when not. That should not be of your concerns.

1) You have in history ban.
2) You talk about bad driving of other players.
3) You point to other people's bans.
You are just a genius!
You yourself would do well to learn how to ride without bans, and then create topics on the forum related to violators.

1 hour ago, C. C. Catch said:

I will decide when I need to create a new account and when not. That should not be of your concerns.

1) You have in history ban.
2) You talk about bad driving of other players.
3) You point to other people's bans.
You are just a genius!
You yourself would do well to learn how to ride without bans, and then create topics on the forum related to violators.

1 ban in 28 months vs 5 bans in 13 months.

Don't know if I'm a genius. But I'm definitely a better driver than you 🤣

BTW the single ban I received was a report I made! I got banned because tried to prevent a racing player (probably like you) to overtake me on the right side in the grass on the Promods Kirkenes road in a narrow portion. But he crashed into me and forced his way. I thought the GM would understand the situation but he banned both of us.

9 hours ago, C. C. Catch said:

Baby, half of my bans are for insults.
I drive the way I want to.
You ride by the rules, but you're a loser and got banned for your stupidity.
And after that you run to the forum to cry, so that other violators would be removed from 1 server.  This is FIASKO! 

You can make as much explanations/insults as you want. At the end of the day "1 ban in 28 months vs 5 bans in 13 months" (FYI even half of 5 in 13 months is much more than 1 in 28 months 😉 )

Now I'll stop talking to you. It's going nowhere except to more insults.

Thx for your very helpful contributions.

17 hours ago, L-DragO* said:

The map  away of the area in and around Duisburg and Calais is deserted, which is unrealistic.

This would change if the TruckersMP team implemented AI traffic to their mod.

The road between Duisburg and Calais has speed limits of 50 km/h, 60 km/h and 80 km/h.

Realistic simulation  dictates to drive at a speed which is safe for you and others, considering national road rules, road conditions, weather conditons, traffic situations, the truck, the cargo and your own driving experience. Therefore a realistic and responsible truck driver won't ever reach 90 km/h on that road.

Realistic simulation drivers don't mind being overtaken, as long as it's done in a safe and reasonable manner.

Unfortunately, the majority of players who hangs out on that particular road isn't willing nor capable of driving without endangering others. How to deal with this kind of players is the main point of this topic.

Regarding trolls, I'd assume you wouldn't enjoy being bothered by trolls neither, would you?

and to make friends 

Multiplayer is a great way to make new friends and play together.

It's definitely not meant to exclude others because of their different style of gameplay or interests.

Also, any way of reckless driving is not a trivial offense.

It's a violation of the rules, and it ruins other player's game experience.

Last but not least, the road between Duisburg and Calais doesn't solely belong to misbehaving players.

• Thanks 2

Guest killiash
22 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

You can make as much explanations/insults as you want. At the end of the day "1 ban in 28 months vs 5 bans in 13 months" (FYI even half of 5 in 13 months is much more than 1 in 28 months 😉 )

Now I'll stop talking to you. It's going nowhere except to more insults.

Thx for your very helpful contributions.

Insults? Lol. Where did I offend you?

Run, baby! After all, you can’t write anything smart except to refer to my bans.
Continue to sit and cry further that someone is violating and he needs to restrict access to 1 server.
At the same time, you yourself violate the rules of 1 server and have bans in history. Unknown what is hidden behind the hidden story.
You "Foobrother" typical TMP Forum Genius! 

Great answer 👏 very Accurate 💯

1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

Regarding trolls, I'd assume you wouldn't enjoy being bothered by trolls neither, would you?

i don't get Bothered of trolls .....

i do classify them as kids in the Game.

Also, any way of reckless driving is not a trivial offense.

It's a violation of the rules, and it ruins other player's game experience.

yes, i agree with you..

thats why they is a Report system.

Last but not least, the road between Duisburg and Calais doesn't solely belong to misbehaving players.

Yes!... and i did not recall anyone saying it belongs to them either.

The map  away of the area in and around Duisburg and Calais is deserted, which is unrealistic.

This would change if the TruckersMP team implemented AI traffic to their mod.

this is a live simulation Bringing Ai will conflict with TMP

well, I don't know if they are ways to bring it ...

but, for me, it will be impossible 🙅.

moreover, they is a single-player for AI cars ..

if you get Bored you Drive on Single-Player.

The road between Duisburg and Calais has speed limits of 50 km/h, 60 km/h and 80 km/h.

Realistic simulation  dictates to drive at a speed which is safe for you and others, considering national road rules, road conditions, weather conditons, traffic situations, the truck, the cargo and your own driving experience. Therefore a realistic and responsible truck driver won't ever reach 90 km/h on that road.

Okay knowing to that Rules ...

that doesn't mean you should try to stop a driver trying to overtake you on a clear open...

if you're keeping it 50/60/70 km/h, as realistic as possible, let driver who wants to overtake ..overtake ..

that's his own risk knowing the rules if they collide with anyone ... they will get Reported.

Realistic simulation drivers don't mind being overtaken, as long as it's done in a safe and reasonable manner.

Unfortunately, the majority of players who hangs out on that particular road isn't willing nor capable of driving without endangering others. How to deal with this kind of players is the main point of this topic.

the majority of players who hangs out on that particular road isn't willing nor capable of driving without endangering others.

I disagree with you there... using the word "Majority".

11 minutes ago, L-DragO* said:

i don't get Bothered of trolls .....

i do classify them as kids in the Game.

They don't exclude each other, because a troll is not defined by a certain age.

18 minutes ago, L-DragO* said:

Yes!... and i did not recall anyone saying it belongs to them either.

You actually did:

20 hours ago, L-DragO* said:

The conclusion of your statement is that players on that road actually do disturb realistic simulation players (intentionally or not), and that you don't want realistic simulations drivers in that area. Out of sight, out of mind.

36 minutes ago, L-DragO* said:

this is a live simulation Bringing Ai will conflict with TMP

well, I don't know if they are ways to bring it ...

but, for me, it will be impossible 🙅.

moreover, they is a single-player for AI cars ..

if you get Bored you Drive on Single-Player.

TruckersMP isn't a live simulation. RIght now, it's a playground for "idiots on the road".

Why would AI conflict with TruckersMP if it's implemented correctly?

It's not meant to be used in the area in and around Duisburg and Calais, but solely in deserted areas with a certain (low) number of players per defined area.

And sending players with  different playstyles and interests away (to singleplayer) doesn't solve the root cause of the problem.

But of course it's easier to get them out of your sight, so you don't have to bother. It's exactly the kind of behavior that the TruckersMP team practices.

57 minutes ago, L-DragO* said:

Okay knowing to that Rules ...

that doesn't mean you should try to stop a driver trying to overtake you on a clear open...

if you're keeping it 50/60/70 km/h, as realistic as possible, let driver who wants to overtake ..overtake ..

that's his own risk knowing the rules if they collide with anyone ... they will get Reported.

Again: nobody minds being overtaken if it is done in a safe and reasonable manner. 

If you can't ensure that nobody is endangerd throuout the whole overtaking maneuver, don't overtake.

If you fail to do so, you are subject of being reported and punished according to the rules. IF you don't like that, just drive reasonable.

Again, it's easier to send away those who actually live mutual consideration and respect, so you can continue to drive reckless without the fear of being reported and punished...

1 hour ago, L-DragO* said:

the majority of players who hangs out on that particular road isn't willing nor capable of driving without endangering others.

I disagree with you there... using the word "Majority".

Your disagreement is fIne by me and won't give me any sleepless nights.

But from the perspective of a realistic simulation driver, it is very much a majority.

@blabberbeak

The Word aint perfect...

Don't expect a game to be perfect to suit your needs

Simulations or not...

It's a game and always will be...

games are meant for fun...

no matter how realistic you want this game /simulation to be ...

it can never be the real world we live in...

if you die in the real world you can't come back...

if you die in a game ... you can come back as much as you can .....

Stop taking it too seriously...

you and others complain every week...

record and report Bro..

11 hours ago, L-DragO* said:

It's a game and always will be...

games are meant for fun...

The definition of fun is not the same from one person to the next one. Someone may think that fun is to drive full speed, some other may think that fun is to drive realistically. No one is asking to change "the game", as you call it, only to change ONE server.

BTW: It's not "a game". It's a multiplayer modification for a game. With multiple servers, each one with their own configuration, that can (obviously) be changed individually. In case you hadn't noticed yet.

10 hours ago, L-DragO* said:

you and others complain every week...

Same as many people complained every week for 4 years, because they wanted a server that suited their needs. They got that server and now they don't use it. Even worse, they keep using the ONLY server that never suited what they wanted (and still doesn't) and jump against any attempt to change THAT server. How pathetic can that be?

Why are you and others against changes in ONE server, when you and others can always use ALL other servers if you don't like those changes?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

The definition of fun is not the same from one person to the next one. Someone may think that fun is to drive full speed, some other may think that fun is to drive realistically. No one is asking to change "the game", as you call it, only to change ONE server.

Same as many people complained every week for 4 years, because they wanted a server that suited their needs. They got that server and now they don't use it. Even worse, they keep using the ONLY server that never suited what they wanted (and still doesn't) and jump against any attempt to change THAT server. How pathetic can that be?

you guys keep complainig on a road that dont need expansion 

you guys keep complaining on a road you know

you can avoid trafic if you realy want to make

your Delivery in time.

you guys complain on a Road when they is a Report system.

you guys still complain when your Report is not a valid one ...

then yall take that week to complain

about how un professional and biased the Moderators are ...

Why are you and others against changes in ONE server, when you and others can always use ALL other servers if you don't like those changes?

wahat change ??/

what change  do yo know i've been talking about ??? 🤔

BTW: It's not "a game". It's a multiplayer modification for a game. With multiple servers, each one with their own configuration, that can (obviously) be changed individually. In case you hadn't noticed yet

It's not "a game". It's a multiplayer modification for a game. 

⬆️ what are you talking about Bro?🤷‍♂️

stop getting yourself confused 😕 

===============================================================================

Right from when TMP came online, they have been Reports to date...

if TMP chooses to reduce the harshness of Punishments and bring players back...

they know what's right for the Game/Simulation ...

you and I are just players who don't know what it takes to be in their shoes

we only complain about how it suits me and not you ...

if we have to fill in their shoes... We would get to know that making decisions is not 

for ourselves but for the majority.

To be a Leader Is Different from Being a Ruler 

most of us want to be  Game Moderators 

why do we apply 

Because we have what we want to bring to the community 

and what we want to change...

sometimes if what we want to change doesn't favor the majority 

it can never be implemented........

you don't force what you want on people...

that's why you are a leader and not a Ruler 

some become moderators because they want to be strict and harsh with players...

if you make a mistake that wasn't really intentional.. or an incident that needs a kick

it doesn't matter to them .. you will get banned by them. 

when they finally become a Moderator...

then, they know...

it's not all about you.

but, the community........

some quit because what they want to do is not accepted by their superiors...

why do I get angry with some Moderators?

It's because some of them just make decisions without analyzing the situation

that's a Ruler and not a Leader!!.

yes, they are Rules ..that doesn't mean you shouldn't take a look at the situation..

before passing your judgment.

Finally Realism ======= Sometimes yall talk about real life as if they ain't no flaws in real life.

in Real life, we have Rules and cops, military, etc.

If you break any of the rules you get arrested or ticketed ...

Yet, ....... have it stopped people from Breaking the Rules every day in Real life ???

No!!!.

what some of us don't know is.....

Change is Constant!!!

you can't be in one place or continue doing the same thing and expect change to happen.

TMP knows what they're doing and it shows that.. they listening to the majority and not the Minority.

DONT GET ME WRONG!!!...  am never in support of bad players or Drivers Breaking Rules.

am just saying Give TMP Crews A break!! it's not easy to satisfy Humans.

No matter what GOD did, Humans still complain...

This is my last chat about this discussion!!

yall have a nice time. :HaulieLove:

Well this was a nice topic and I'll just say one thing the 5 fingers in your hand is not the same so don't expect anything to be perfect in this world and one other thing is that i would like to encourage people to try different routes or play promods if you have the option cause generally speaking human's nature is that (monkey see monkey do) people will consume what they see and hear there is a reason why people ditched Euro port and went for C-D, and why TMP won't issue or do anything about this regarding these types of suggestions been going on for year everything is all business so i'll leave the rest up to you cheers and have a nice day.