Overhaul the ban system

While the system is good for keeping the server cleaner for a bit, it doesn't really do much to some players who just don't learn. I believe the current system is 2 weeks for the first, then 2 months for each additional ban due to history.

If it's unintentional, give a couple days. If it's intentional, give a month. Next report is a month. Then, 6 months. If there's clear indication that they don't learn and do the same thing each report, give them access to only Arcade server.

• Upvote 2

The system was changed not long ago to please precisely those players who don't learn, because apparently this is what an overwhelming majority of the players asked for: Softer punishments, more leniency when applying the rules, removal of permanent bans for repeat offenders and ban evaders...

Only a small minority of the players are unhappy with these changes, it's doubtful that they'll achieve anything.

• Upvote 3

I don’t see how in a 12 month period you can be banned 5+ times as it is! Especially when you take into account the time you have been banned for 

bans 1-3 = 14 days each = 28 Days

ban 4 = 30 days

ban 5 = 90 days

90 + 30 + 28 = 148 days banned (almost 5 months of the year you'd be banned) so how can you get so many bans by playing for 7 months of the year! 

Nowhere is written that bans 1st-3rd will be 14 days each, so most of them will probably be way shorter. But even if they were 14 days, that would give (14x3)+30+90 = 162 days. There are more than 200 days left in a year, more than enough for someone who don't care about rules or bans and never bothered trying to obey them.

• True Story 1

4 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Nowhere is written that bans 1st-3rd will be 14 days each, so most of them will probably be way shorter. But even if they were 14 days, that would give (14x3)+30+90 = 162 days. There are more than 200 days left in a year, more than enough for someone who don't care about rules or bans and never bothered trying to obey them.

Yeah the 14 days for bans 1-3 I was just going from what typically happens in the reports I make online although it’s down to the moderators discretion

On 6/15/2023 at 1:49 PM, Somehow Lucky said:

If it's unintentional, give a couple days. If it's intentional, give a month. Next report is a month. Then, 6 months. If there's clear indication that they don't learn and do the same thing each report, give them access to only Arcade server.

I'd argue that the difficult part is to prove if something was done intentional or by accident. And I hope that there is something like "benefit of the doubt".

• Upvote 1

On 6/19/2023 at 11:40 AM, blabberbeak said:

I'd argue that the difficult part is to prove if something was done intentional or by accident. And I hope that there is something like "benefit of the doubt".

Proving is easy as long as the one looking at the material has played the mod for a long time. The "intentionnal" crash happens mostly when falsly overconfident "drivers" try to outsmart everybody around them. IMO 3 bans are plenty so that on the 4th access to Sim-servers is forbidden for 1 year. People either learn or not. 

• True Story 1

In my opinion if a player drives badly, he will still drive badly even if you ban him for 5 months for example. After 5 months that the time of the ban has ended, he will always drive incorrectly again. For me it would be better that after a certain number of bans, the person should be completely banned permanently.

For example:

1st ban: Moderator's choice
2nd ban: Moderator's choice
3rd ban: 90 days
4th ban: 180 days
5th ban: permanent

Or

1st ban: Moderator's choice
2nd ban: 120 days
3rd ban: permanent

And those who are permanently banned cannot create new profiles.

I don't think all players with reckless driving have the money to make new accounts and buy the game with the DLC they like.

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

6 hours ago, Bеаn said:

Similar to how it was before. I can't see them going back to issuing permanent bans; as it'd completely go against everything they've said 😕

I understood. But I think that everything has a limit and in my opinion the 5th ban could be permanent. Otherwise people, after the ban period, would always make mistakes and break the rules. What is it for? It does not change anything that a person is banned and then continues to have reckless driving. 

A person can also have 8 bans and then he will always come back to play. 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

1 hour ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

Otherwise people, after the ban period, would always make mistakes and break the rules.

If someone breaks enough rules game moderation management can ban them permanently, at their discretion, as outlined here:

If the Game Moderation Management thinks that a user joins TruckersMP with the sole purpose to violate the rules, "§2.8 - How bans are issued" can be bypassed and the ban length will be at the Game Moderation Management's discretion.

The above quote is taken from §2.9 - Bans issued by the Game Moderation Management

The outright abolition of permanent bans has both positive and negative implications. On one hand, it provides an opportunity for those who were previously permanently banned to demonstrate their improved driving skills. On the other hand, as many have suggested, it enables individuals with a complete disregard for the rules to exploit Game Moderation and continue committing offenses. Although reoffenders can be stopped by the aforementioned clause, it is likely that multiple bans would be necessary before this occurs.

As with any change, there will be those in agreement and those in disagreement. As for my stance on the topic, I'm more in favor than against. I strongly believe that, despite the potential for abuse, removing permanent bans for driving offenses is an idea that I can support. However, I acknowledge that my stance is influenced by my circumstances at the time, which introduces bias. Nevertheless, I believe that individuals who fail to demonstrate improvement after being given the opportunity should face longer bans.

As for whether any of the changes mentioned here will ever be implemented beyond the forum, I highly doubt it. This is primarily because TruckersMP appears to be adopting a more lenient moderation approach, as evidenced by the recent scrappage of permanent bans for ban evaders. 

• 6 months later...