Rename server names from "Simulation" to "Arcade"

Suggestion Name: Rename server names from "Simulation" to "Arcade"

Suggestion Description:  Rename server names from "Simulation" to "Arcade"

Any example images: N/A

Why it should be added: The project update "Back To Basics" officially replaced the "Road To Simulation" project, and with that anything related to realism and simulation. The server names are therefore misleading and should be renamed to "Arcade".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

What specifically has changed about Simulation 1 that requires it to be renamed to arcade after all these years?

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

I have been quite disappointed recently by the decisions made in TMP recently and I do think its misleading to name a server "Simulation 1", "Simulation 2" if TMP doesn't think about real world driving. And as this post mentions, they absolutely do not take simulation seriously: 

It is quite unfortunate they want to remove the simulation aspect of the game. Therefore, TMP is a racing game and not a truck simulator modification. And to further add onto this, they only want to focus on C-D and leave the rest of the map out as well as forgetting ATS is a game. So I'll present the meme I've created here:

image.png?width=515&height=671

Oh btw, could we rename TMP to "C-D Racing Game" while we're at it. 

• Like 2

banner

Hello @blabberbeak

Thank you for taking the time to write this idea. 

In my opinion it is a useless choice because the game would remain with the same rules obviously and rules present in the server in my opinion are right. 

Also I think it would be useless to change the name "simulation" because it is a simulation game.

This is obviously not a rally game or anything like that. Changing the name of server from: "simulation" to "Arcade" for something unnecessary doesn't seem like a good idea to me. It wouldn't make sense. 

Kind Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

1 hour ago, StateCA [NL] said:

What specifically has changed about Simulation 1 that requires it to be renamed to arcade after all these years?

"Back to basics" brought back EU#2 under the ridiculous name of "Simulation 2". But EU#1 didn't come back. Simulation 1 is still the "Hybrid" that TMP intended to please both the hard simulators and the speed fans (and clearly failed in both cases). But with EU#2, this hybrid is no longer needed, it should be taken "Back to basics" too and make it the same as EU#1 used to be: 90 Km/h limit, no cars allowed.

The logical thing to do IMO would be to simply rename the servers: EU#1, EU#2, EU-Promods and so on. 

1 hour ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

Also I think it would be useless to change the name "simulation" because it is a simulation game.

The games, ETS2/ATS are as "Simulation" as each player wants them to be. Sadly, a huge majority of TruckersMP players want nothing like Simulation, so it's ridiculous to call the servers "Simulation".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

The games, ETS2/ATS are as "Simulation" as each player wants them to be. Sadly, a huge majority of TruckersMP players want nothing like Simulation, so it's ridiculous to call the servers "Simulation".

whether or not players want to play an ETS/ATS game as a simulation game is fine (it's a personal choice), but changing the server name would be pointless. A name doesn't change the game or the rules for players playing on TruckersMP. For many reckless players, perhaps it would be appropriate to call the server: "rally". I honestly don't see an appropriate point in changing the server name. Whether or not it's ridiculous that a server is called a "simulation" doesn't depend on the name but on the people who play on that server. Perhaps stricter rules should be enforced in the servers instead of changing the name.

Sincerely

8 hours ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

Whether or not it's ridiculous that a server is called a "simulation" doesn't depend on the name but on the people who play on that server. Perhaps stricter rules should be enforced in the servers instead of changing the name.

You must have missed the latest survey results. The majority of the people who play TruckersMP (any servers) are NOT into simulation. And the rules and punishments were softened because the majority of the people who play TruckersMP want that. "Stricter rules" is NOT what a majority wants, so it's not likely to happen in the near future.

Your own words are proof of how silly it is to call Simulation to an environment (TruckersMP servers) where only a small minority of the players want to simulate. The names of the servers should show in a better and clearer way what TruckersMP is about, what players should expect to find when they join a server (which is nothing like simulation). And I think that this change should be easy enough to implement.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

You must have missed the latest survey results. The majority of the people who play TruckersMP (any servers) are NOT into simulation. And the rules and punishments were softened because the majority of the people who play TruckersMP want that. "Stricter rules" is NOT what a majority wants, so it's not likely to happen in the near future.

Your own words are proof of how silly it is to call Simulation to an environment (TruckersMP servers) where only a small minority of the players want to simulate. The names of the servers should show in a better and clearer way what TruckersMP is about, what players should expect to find when they join a server (which is nothing like simulation). And I think that this change should be easy enough to implement.

I simply spoke in this topic saying my personal opinion. I'm not here to judge nothing and anyone, of course. 

I'm just saying that you, like others, could change all the names you want but a game like ets2 IS AND WILL REMAIN A SIMULATION Game (Also in the truckersmp).

If people on the servers do not treat this game as it should be (simulation) it is not by changing the name that something is solved. For people like me who definitely treat this game as a simulation video game, the name "simulation" is fine. For people who may want to change the name of server for themselves or for others... They have their own personal choice. 

What would you fix after changing the name? I think the ideas should be to change something different in the game and make it better. 

Repeat... I am just saying my opinion, as I think it should be in a public forum. 

Everyone is free to express their opinion. Whether it is acceptable or not. 

If you and other people in the majority are fine with what you have written, I do not say anything against it. I only express what I think. 

3 hours ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

I'm just saying that you, like others, could change all the names you want but a game like ets2 IS AND WILL REMAIN A SIMULATION Game (Also in the truckersmp).

Indeed, but this topic doesn't question Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator being simulators.

I simply suggest to adapt the names of the servers to the recent changes made by TruckersMP, because the majority of players do not use it as a truck simulator but rather as an arcade game.

In that regard, the TruckersMP team should be consistent and apply changes of their new project to all aspects of their services.

• Upvote 1

If anything it makes more sense if we could rename the servers as follows:

• Simulation 1 -> Europe 1
  • Simulation 2 -> Europe 2
  • [US] Simulation -> North America 1
  • [SGP] Simulation -> Singapore 1
  • Arcade -> Europe Arcade
  • Promods -> Europe Promods
  • Promods Arcade -> Europe Promods Arcade

And then with ATS:

• Simulation -> Europe 1
  • [US] Simulation -> North America 1
  • [US] Arcade -> North America Arcade

If the server region is incorporated in the server names then it might make it more easier to actually find a server based on the players location. It's a minor change but makes some difference to identifying servers. Plus it wouldn't be misleading to anyone to think that the servers are a simulation server as the polls suggest, not many people prefer to drive in simulation conditions. 

• Upvote 2

banner

15 hours ago, ash.exe said:

If anything it makes more sense if we could rename the servers as follows:

• Simulation 1 -> Europe 1 -> C-D madness
  • Simulation 2 -> Europe 2 -> Europe One
  • [US] Simulation -> North America 1 -> Who is using this one?! Do they get above 1000 users daily? -> No => no need for this one
  • [SGP] Simulation -> Singapore 1 -> Who is using this one?! Do they get above 1000 users daily? -> No=> no need for this one
  • Arcade -> Europe Arcade -> You have C-D madness , it does not get more arcady than this 
  • Promods -> Europe Promods -> ProMods Intercontinental - this is how stuff works there
  • Promods Arcade -> Europe Promods Arcade -> Who is using this one?! Do they get above 1000 users daily? -> No=> no need for this one

And then with ATS:

• Simulation -> Europe 1 -> Who is using this one?! Do they get above 1000 users daily? -> No=> no need for this one
  • [US] Simulation -> North America 1 -> change nothing
  • [US] Arcade -> North America Arcade -> just remove it

If the server region is incorporated in the server names then it might make it more easier to actually find a server based on the players location. It's a minor change but makes some difference to identifying servers. Plus it wouldn't be misleading to anyone to think that the servers are a simulation server as the polls suggest, not many people prefer to drive in simulation conditions. 

I thing these are more accurate.

In reality there is no simulation server as most of the singleplayer features are turned OFF.

• Like 1