Veteran Achievements

Hello! I joined to the forum on 20 January 2019 and I joined to the TruckersMP on 23 December 2018. As you can see below I get the achievements!

spacer.png

• Upvote 1

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

All of my veteran driver achievements are locked. 🤔

It must be an error in the TruckersMP system, because I have been a member of TruckersMP since May 2015 and a TruckersMP forum member since August 2016. So I should have been rewarded at least with Veteran Driver Achievements I, II, III, IV, V, and VI.

But on second thought, receiving a reward just for creating an account some years ago isn't an achievement worth mentioning. 😂

17 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

All of my veteran driver achievements are locked. 🤔

It must be an error in the TruckersMP system, because I have been a member of TruckersMP since May 2015 and a TruckersMP forum member since August 2016. So I should have been rewarded at least with Veteran Driver Achievements I, II, III, IV, V, and VI.

But on second thought, receiving a reward just for creating an account some years ago isn't an achievement worth mentioning. 😂

Mine were too. I re-installed TruckersMP's launcher, ran it, joined a server, exited et voilà... They were unlocked. Uninstalled TruckersMP launcher again, no harm done 😄

Not that I care a lot about TMP achievements these days, but it took less than 5 minutes and it's a fact that I was a TruckersMP player for more than 8 years.

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

2 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Mine were too. I re-installed TruckersMP's launcher, ran it, joined a server, exited et voilà... They were unlocked. Uninstalled TruckersMP launcher again, no harm done 😄

Not that I care a lot about TMP achievements these days, but it took less than 5 minutes and it's a fact that I was a TruckersMP player for more than 8 years.

Thanks! 🙂

I will definitely not re-install the TruckersMP launcher anytime soon again, especially not to activate an "achievement"...

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It wouldn't make a lot sense either to make these "Veteran" ranks dependant on how many Km each user has driven. It's about the Forums, so it's only logical that ranks or badges are dependant exclusively on time/activity in the Forums.

Well his question is a bit confusing as he talks about the forum registration date. But the next question is about "Veteran achievements". The topic is also "Veteran Achievements"

Veteran achievements is something introduced recently. It's giving you TMP achievement badge(s) depending on your registration date. But the achievement badges are usually for things you've done playing! Not on the forum. And that's why I'm talking about KMs instead of registration date as it sounds more logical for a playing achievement.

For the forum ranking I agree the registration date is ok (even if again the number of posts might be a better metric, but it seems to be used for another ranking).

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 4:39 PM, Almira xeltz. said:

How many years has your profile been registered on the forum?

This is from the OP. And even if it were about the TruckersMP profile achievements, they are, again, about the time when the account was created, nothing else.

44 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

But the achievement badges are usually for things you've done playing!

Let's not mistake the Steam achievements, that players earn for what they do in the game, with Forum badges, that users earn for what they do in the forums.

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Também não faria muito sentido fazer com que essas categorias de "Veteranos" dependessem de quantos Km cada usuário dirigiu. É sobre os Fóruns, então é lógico que os ranks ou insígnias dependam exclusivamente do tempo/atividade nos Fóruns.

So you've had an account for 5 years and you don't play is considered a veteran? 

Even having activity on the forum and discord. 

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

That's how "Veteran" was defined in TruckersMP, so yes, definitely. Let's put it this way: It's not the player who is a Veteran, it's the account (website or forums) that is. Someone who created their TMP and forums accounts in May 2014 are now Veteran IX in both, even if they never played or used the forums. Discord, AFAIK, has nothing to do with these ranks.

• True Story 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

Let's not mistake the Steam achievements, that players earn for what they do in the game, with Forum badges, that users earn for what they do in the forums.

I'm talking about these badges:

spacer.png

I know these say "Be part of the TruckersMP community for x years.". But as explained before they should be about the number of KMs driver instead of being registered or "part of the community" for x years.

And as you can see the Operation HQ badge has nothing to do with Forums achievements.

Finally all the "achievements" specific to the forum (rank, Veteran ... or Driver etc...) are shown on the left side already (and on the Forum profile).

<--

<--

<--

It sounds more logic to do these sort "Veteran" achievement badges first for playing activities rather than Forum activities where we already have the "badges"/titles showing if we are Veteran ... or Driver etc... 🙄

That's how "Veteran" was defined in TruckersMP, so yes, definitely. Let's put it this way: It's not the player who is a Veteran, it's the account (website or forums) that is. Someone who created their TMP and forums accounts in May 2014 are now Veteran IX in both, even if they never played or used the forums. Discord, AFAIK, has nothing to do with these ranks.

That's what we are complaining about. For the Forum fair enough but for the game, I would rather have some ranking/title depending on KMs rather than when I created my account. But yes as you said, that's how TMP are doing.

• Thanks 1

Well, maybe a new ranking system could be added to the TMP profile, giving players a higher rank depending on how many Km they have driven in the servers, but that's something that currently doesn´t exist.

A suggestion should be enough for the staff to at least study the feasibility and usefulness of this possibility, I'd guess.

• Like 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.