"Remember Me" Button in TruckersMP Account 2FA Authentication

Shxn.

Hello, I strongly suggest the implementation of a "Remember me" button for the 2FA Authentication option while logging into the TruckersMP account. It has become increasingly frustrating to input the 2FA code every time we log in, and I believe this feature would greatly enhance the user experience. Once the "Remember me" button is clicked, users would be able to bypass the need for the 2FA code for a convenient duration of 30 days.

• Upvote 1

Entering 2FA on each login is the main method of protecting your account. If you want to use 2FA yet not be restricted in length of the login session - disable it. Longer session with 2FA is the same as you not having 2FA at all, so anyone can get on your account despite you having 2FA enabled.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 11:43 AM, djoh said:

Entering 2FA on each login is the main method of protecting your account. If you want to use 2FA yet not be restricted in length of the login session - disable it. Longer session with 2FA is the same as you not having 2FA at all, so anyone can get on your account despite you having 2FA enabled.

The "Remember Me" feature only exempts the requirement of entering a 2FA code for 30 days on the specific device where you have chosen to enable the option. It's highly unlikely for anyone to willingly share their 2FA credentials.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...