People not implicated should not be allowed to report players on the forum

RedBull108

Suggestion Name:  Like the title, people not implicated in crashes or anything similar should be ignored
Suggestion Description: So, for example someone crashes me and i don't want to report him because it was a mistake. But maybe someone was stalking (http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/11178-22-user-report/)  and he then reports him and he gets banned even tho i forgive him.  Reports on the forum should only be accepted from people DIRECTLY implicated in crashes, or if someone puts them in danger when overtaking.

I've recorded many crashes from other players too, but i don't report them, i ask the guy that got crashed if he wants the link to the video to report the crasher, if he wants i give it to him, if he doesn't want to report him it's all good. I had nothing to do with those crashes so i souldn't be allowed to report the guy.

[b]Any example images[/b]:  -
[b]Why should it be added?[/b]: People won't get banned for stupid reasons and if they didn't offended anyone implicated DIRECTLY in the situation.

• Upvote 1

76561198016678105.png

So if someone speedhacks and I followed him with the dev camera but truck wasn't anywhere near him at the time it would get ignored? Not a good idea....the dev camera would have been disabled for players already if they didn't want this, the dev camera is a good thing so you can get a better view of the offender. Just sayin  <_<

So if someone speedhacks and I followed him with the dev camera but truck wasn't anywhere near him at the time it would get ignored? Not a good idea....the dev camera would have been disabled for players already if they didn't want this, the dev camera is a good thing so you can get a better view of the offender. Just sayin  <_<

You can report them and there are admins to deal with them.

But you are sort of right, but those are CHEATS/HAX not crashes or accidents. Big difference. For cheats like speedhack it should be accepted as forum report.

76561198016678105.png

So if I'm driving with a friend with a less powerfull computer than mine so he can't record his trips and some troll starts ramming him and then drives away and is out of reporting range before my friend or me can report him I am not allowed to file in the report on the forum because the troll didn't hit me and therefore I am not involved following your suggestion.

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

So if I'm driving with a friend with a less powerfull computer than mine so he can't record his trips and some troll starts ramming him and then drives away and is out of reporting range before my friend or me can report him I am not allowed to file in the report on the forum because the troll didn't hit me and therefore I am not involved following your suggestion.

I said you can upload the video, give the link to your friend and he can post the link to your video as a report.

I've recorded many crashes from other players too, but i don't report them, i ask the guy that got crashed if he wants the link to the video to report the crasher, if he wants i give it to him, if he doesn't want to report him it's all good. I had nothing to do with those crashes so i souldn't be allowed to report the guy.

76561198016678105.png

I can see positives and negatives to this suggestion...

For it: I agree that it can get a bit silly at times in certain areas which I won't mention where you have fleets of trucks parked up with their owners all busy on devcam trying to 'catch out' the next bad driver for reporting - yes if you drive properly you should have nothing to worry about, but honestly, and in my very humble opinion, people really should just drive in a driving game and let Admin and the victims of Bad Things Happening make their own reports. I have done the devcam thing in the past but changed my opinion more recently - I load the game because I want to play the game.

Against it: People have been and are prosecuted in real life for dangerous driving using footage from dash-cams in other people's cars or trucks who may not have actually been the victim. So I think it would be only fair to still allow this in game if it helps make sure that a troll gets what they deserve for causing problems.

So to summarise: I would be ok if a decision was made to disallow the filing of devcam style 'Neighbourhood Watch' reports, but I think that dash-cam reports taken from another active driver's view should always be allowed. And really I think things are generally ok at the moment so am not fussed either way about the first one.

This quite has to be one of the worst suggestions I've seen for several reasons:

1. One person managed to get 22 trolls banned at once. That's 22 trolls you don't have to deal with down the road.

2. If the people banned feel otherwise, they can appeal and if they actually sound genuine in the appeal they most likely be unbanned.

3. It's a d**k thing to do yes, but this is one section of road, where you have the ENTIRE MAP to drive on and could easily go around

4. If you are following the rules then why are you worrying? They aren't going after you, completely contradicting your post by essentially saying "other people shouldn't get in other people's business" but that is exactly what you are doing here.

5. Think of it as real life, witnesses to accidents can report it to the police, so why not here? 

Not everyone is going to be like you and ask. If they report it, then so be it. If an IGA finds the person guilty of breaking a rule, they will be dealt with.

What if the person didn't record the incident?

What happens if they say yes and you aren't allowed to report the guy?

-1 from me

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

to be honnest on the forum you can only get punnished for big things.just causing an accidental crash is usualy kick soo no actions on the forum.soo im going too say -1 on this and agree with

Takumi Fujiwara.If they get punnished on forum they must have done something rather big allready,and its in most cases a seriouse troll less for the rest of us.

there might be an occasional accident where your idea is a good idea,but i think its the vast minority.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.