Suggestion : Make a reconnect command or button for people with poor internet who get kicked out.

I agree with this! At first, I thought this wasn't a command because reconnecting would require a fresh login. But that's not the case because you can type "game" into console, then click "Drive" and you get reconnected. I agree with this suggestion because I'm in Australia and latency can be unstable during peak times. Even if just one heartbeat takes 650ms, I have to stop, save and reload.

I agree as well. I think that it should be available to users who have been kicked for ping or afk but perhaps not for kicks by admins, if that is possible. It would give more weight and meaning to the kick for breaking rules or whatever the reason is. 

I'm also pretty sure when you get kicked for high ping it says something along the lines of 'you will automatically reconnected' already but certainly does not reconnect you. 

It's very easy to abuse it, but there are bigger things to focus on in the future.

You can reconnect through the launcher and to accelerate things a bit, add -nointro to the ETS2MP shortcut.

• Upvote 2

hello sorry for the problem 
Yes, many players have this problem, they may experience internet problems due to factors such as bad internet connections, bad weather conditions. For this reason, they are automatically kicked out of the server, assuming that there is a reconnect button, it will bring many problems, for example, you were kicked out of the server while driving in the middle of the road and you reconnected and another player behind you had an accident because of you, but there is already an easy way to reconnect, it will take at least a few seconds, at least after pulling your vehicle to a safe area, when you click on the exit from the game menu, click on the login screen option and you will be able to join TruckersMp again. 

15 hours ago, Myriαnnα said:

It's very easy to abuse it, but there are bigger things to focus on in the future.

You can reconnect through the launcher and to accelerate things a bit, add -nointro to the ETS2MP shortcut.

Abuse? Such as?

13 hours ago, Sinyordess. said:

hello sorry for the problem 
Yes, many players have this problem, they may experience internet problems due to factors such as bad internet connections, bad weather conditions. For this reason, they are automatically kicked out of the server, assuming that there is a reconnect button, it will bring many problems, for example, you were kicked out of the server while driving in the middle of the road and you reconnected and another player behind you had an accident because of you, but there is already an easy way to reconnect, it will take at least a few seconds, at least after pulling your vehicle to a safe area, when you click on the exit from the game menu, click on the login screen option and you will be able to join TruckersMp again. 

Sir/Madam The problems of accidents that's on (you) if (you) decide to do something stupid such as park in the middle of the road / ring road/ motorway / highway that would be (YOUR) carelessness so just park on the side if you want to reconnect at the first place?

The main reason I am asking this is because my hardware is very basic and it takes eternity to just unload the whole game and load it again and my internet does it rarely but its still VERY annoying. That's why this is a suggestion. For people with bad internets and basic hardware 😕

1 hour ago, Skremmbu said:

Abuse? Such as?

For example, rule breakers who receive a kick by GM, If they can reconnect more quickly by typing a command in the console, then a kick would be useless. As well as some people may use that for trolling. In addition, this suggestion was suggested many times before and it was rejected.

16 hours ago, Myriαnnα said:

Reconnecting from the launcher is not really complicated or takes much time still if you respect the rules, not traveling to a garage that has a lot of players because this mostly gets you kicked for unreliable connection or staying away from the keyboard and having good pc then you will never be kicked out of the game literally.

• Haha 1
  • True Story 1

57 minutes ago, Skremmbu said:

The main reason I am asking this is because my hardware is very basic and it takes eternity to just unload the whole game and load it again and my internet does it rarely but its still VERY annoying. That's why this is a suggestion. For people with bad internets and basic hardware 😕

If you are facing such problems then you must update your internet or get a better one as well as have a computer that meets the system requirements otherwise playing the game will be pointless.

• Upvote 2

It should automatically reconnect if ping was the reason for the kick. Not by an Admin or AFK.

2 hours ago, Skremmbu said:

If you don't meet the minimum specs, you shouldn't even be playing multiplayer. All it takes is to load a new city and bam, you stop dead until the potato can catch up. I used to have an i3 with 1.9 GB of Ram. When i upgraded my potato, i rejoiced in being able to play. My PFP is from that potato.

On 5/15/2023 at 8:56 PM, Myriαnnα said:

If you are facing such problems then you must update your internet or get a better one as well as have a computer that meets the system requirements otherwise playing the game will be pointless.

My pc is well above the requirements its just my hard drive that im using at the moment thats giving me problems I will upgrade to a ssd soon also about the internet i cant do anything about that at the moment i have the fastest internet my country has to offer so yea

23 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

It should automatically reconnect if ping was the reason for the kick. Not by an Admin or AFK.

If you don't meet the minimum specs, you shouldn't even be playing multiplayer. All it takes is to load a new city and bam, you stop dead until the potato can catch up. I used to have an i3 with 1.9 GB of Ram. When i upgraded my potato, i rejoiced in being able to play. My PFP is from that potato.

My processor gpu etc are way above the req and i have a very smooth experience as i said above as well its just my hdd which i will upgrade soon.

13 minutes ago, Skremmbu said:

My pc is well above the requirements its just my hard drive that im using at the moment thats giving me problems I will upgrade to a ssd soon also about the internet i cant do anything about that at the moment i have the fastest internet my country has to offer so yea

Understood, conceivable your problem will be solved soon!

• HaulieLove 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

On 5/16/2023 at 1:26 AM, Myriαnnα said:

This is a somewhat ignorant thing to say imo, since there are other factors at play that can't be controlled. I have a top-tier PC and a decent internet connection for my area. However, I'm from Australia. That's on the opposite side of the planet from where TruckersMP servers are hosted. I could hop between internet providers here all day long but the unavoidable fact is that latency is a thing. The time it takes for a single packet to travel over to Europe is noticeable: 330ms on average. I can't change that. Its just physics. In some situations, sometimes a packet might take just that little bit longer to traverse the deep ocean fibre optic cables and the rats nest of network infrastructure that is the internet. In those cases, the latency would be just enough to to tip over the "High Ping" threshold on TruckersMP. It doesn't happen often, but its just enough to become mildly infuriating. A /reconnect command is such a simple feature but would be one of the most useful additions that could be added.

• 5 months later...