Higher speed limit for cars on motorways (130km/h)

Suggestion Name: Higher speed limit for cars on motorways / or on certain sections of the D-C route

Suggestion Description: A new speed limit for cars, (or optional trucks) would be my idea. 130km/h is a realistic speed limit, like it is in real life as well.

Why should it be added?: To enhance realism. I feel like cars should be slightly faster than trucks. You could argue that this would cause more crashes and some people are just too fast because they abuse the new speed limit. But this wouldn’t be the problem on motorways or on certain sections of the D-C route. Maybe the new speed limit of 130km/h on the D-C route is not a great idea, but on quiet motorways this would be just a tiny great improvement and it doesn’t bother anyone.

This could also be converted to trucks, but I feel like the cars should be a bit more faster, like it is in real life. A new speed limit on the Duisburg - Calais route would also be cool, but I think that should only be the case at certain sections of the route. What do you think about this ? Maybe 120km/h or even higher ? 140km/h ? Only on motorways? Or 110km/h?

What do you think?

tempolimit-130-km-h.thumb.jpg.99e5aa75aaa87458a324d6afe5218d5c.jpg

Edited by Marc-On-Tour
Added the other duplicate suggestion comment, here.

• 1 year later...
On 3/2/2022 at 11:44 AM, Guest said:

Suggestion Name: Higher speed limit for cars on motorways / or on certain sections of the D-C route

Suggestion Description: A new speed limit for cars, (or optional trucks) would be my idea. 130km/h is a realistic speed limit, like it is in real life as well.

Why should it be added?: To enhance realism. I feel like cars should be slightly faster than trucks. You could argue that this would cause more crashes and some people are just too fast because they abuse the new speed limit. But this wouldn’t be the problem on motorways or on certain sections of the D-C route. Maybe the new speed limit of 130km/h on the D-C route is not a great idea, but on quiet motorways this would be just a tiny great improvement and it doesn’t bother anyone.

This could also be converted to trucks, but I feel like the cars should be a bit more faster, like it is in real life. A new speed limit on the Duisburg - Calais route would also be cool, but I think that should only be the case at certain sections of the route. What do you think about this ? Maybe 120km/h or even higher ? 140km/h ? Only on motorways? Or 110km/h?

What do you think?

tempolimit-130-km-h.thumb.jpg.99e5aa75aaa87458a324d6afe5218d5c.jpg

If you like driving a car, buy this game like "City Car Driving". ETS2/ATS are both games about trucks.

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

Guest killiash
On 9/30/2023 at 4:23 AM, juanes2223 said:

Totally agree, if at 110 km cars cause too many accidents, I can't imagine if they were going faster.

Accidents are caused by stupid children, not speed.
Taking into account the fact that at a speed of 130-140 it is easier to overtake a troll who is going 70-90, and when overtaking he accelerates and does not allow to overtake. 
You are apparently behind the times, in reality there are many trucks that are untethered and drive at a speed of 100+ km.

On 10/3/2023 at 4:28 PM, Борислав said:

If you like driving a car, buy this game like "City Car Driving". ETS2/ATS are both games about trucks.

Trucks can't drive more than 90km/h? Facepalm!  

14 hours ago, in solo said:

Accidents are caused by stupid children, not speed.
Taking into account the fact that at a speed of 130-140 it is easier to overtake a troll who is going 70-90, and when overtaking he accelerates and does not allow to overtake. 
You are apparently behind the times, in reality there are many trucks that are untethered and drive at a speed of 100+ km.

Trucks can't drive more than 90km/h? Facepalm!

While the causes of accidents are manifold, statistics define speed as a key player.

In particular, the bigger the difference between two speeds, the higher the risk, caused by less reaction time and misjudged speed.

Regarding trucks driving at excessive speed, I think it depends on where you live.

In the European Union, you will hardly find a truck going faster than the mostly maximum speed limit of 90 km/h. Speeds and resting times are digitally logged in a tachograph  and randomly controlled by the authorities. A violation isn't a minor offence and will be punished accordingly.

Naturally, trucks can drive faster than 90 km/h, if the speed limiter is deactivated or bypassed.

• True Story 1

Guest killiash
3 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

While the causes of accidents are manifold, statistics define speed as a key player.

In particular, the bigger the difference between two speeds, the higher the risk, caused by less reaction time and misjudged speed.

Regarding trucks driving at excessive speed, I think it depends on where you live.

In the European Union, you will hardly find a truck going faster than the mostly maximum speed limit of 90 km/h. Speeds and resting times are digitally logged in a tachograph  and randomly controlled by the authorities. A violation isn't a minor offence and will be punished accordingly.

Naturally, trucks can drive faster than 90 km/h, if the speed limiter is deactivated or bypassed.

It is possible that in European countries this is still somehow controlled, BUT! The tachograph is mainly used by drivers of large companies, if we are talking about private businessmen or private drivers, then most trucks are untethered from 90 km and move at a speed of 100-110. 

Here are a couple of videos of Europeans.

25 minutes ago, NoahTheGamer said:

because cars have no different rules than trucks the same rules should apply to trucks and cars if there is a higher speed limit for cars trucks should be the same too 

Not quite.

In some countries, a vehicle that is heavier than 3.5t is subject to follow a different speed limit outside built-up areas than a passenger car.

For example, on country roads a speed limit of 80 km/h can be applied to vehicles between 3.5t and 7.5t, respectively 60 km/h for vehicles above 7.5t.

• True Story 2

• 3 months later...