Game crashes after 1-90 minutes while driving the Scout (DX11 error)

Saugi

Question

More infos: SCS Forum, there you can find my first post.

Hey,

I've got a problem. My ETS2 is crashing after like 1-60 minutes when I'm driving the Scout in the Multiplayer. The TruckersMP support couldn't help me and told me I should ask in the SCS Forums, but I still didn't find a solution. So I wanted to make a parallel thread next to the other one, maybe someone can help me here. More details below.

I'm using:

Windows 10 64 Bit

Intel i7-2600
GTX 780
16 GB RAM

Log file:
Game Log: https://pastebin.com/dG6gEU9V
Game crash: https://pastebin.com/eHqZzute

[...]
00:01:44.330 : <ERROR> [dx11] error creating render target view
00:01:44.330 : <ERROR> [dx11] meta_copy: failed to create SRV (0x887a0005)
00:01:44.330 : <ERROR> [dx11] error creating render target view
00:01:44.331 : <ERROR> [dx11] meta_copy: failed to create SRV (0x887a0005)
[...]

It continues forever...

Everywhere, it always happen after 1-60+ minutes driving the Scout. The location doesn't mind.

Game Settings:
Mid-High, running smoothly with 70+ FPS.

Mods:
No mods except of TruckersMP.

I've already tried:

• Reinstall TruckersMP
  • Reinstall ETS2
  • run in OpenGL (very bad performance and buggy)
  • make an sfc /scannow
  • update and reinstall NVIDIA drivers
  • delete all overlays I can
  • installed SpedV again and try to reset the settings
  • use an older savegame
  • make another profile

Problem / More details:
I can drive every truck as long as I want. But when I drive the Scout in the Multiplayer, the game crashes after a few minutes because of an DX11 error.
So to try it yourself you need TruckersMP and a Scout. Then drive it for like 1 hour and look if it crashes or not. It's only me having the problem because nobody has reported it before.

So someone told me to change some settings: uset cf_asus_aura "1" to "0" and uset cf_razer_chroma "1" to "0". But it didn't help as well. Then I tried a new profile in the singleplayer and it crashed after 30 minutes (game.log (3).txt). After reinstalling ETS2 the second time I've tried to play in the Multiplayer again and it crashed after 2 minutes with this game log: game.log (4).txt

I really don't know what to do... It's unplayable. ?

I hope somebody can help me.

Kind regards,
Martin

• HaulieCry 1

image.png.2d914358465361a525f4ade20f145b91.png

10 answers to this question

Hello there,

It seems you aren't the only one having this issue.

This is likely to be caused by DX11. Since DX9 is not supported anymore by SCS, it automatically puts you into DX11 which has a lot of issues with TMP.
If you could change it to launch with OpenGL, that would be great.
To change it to OpenGL, please do the following: My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\config.cfg find r_device and change it from "dx11" to "gl"
OR launch singleplayer from Steam and select launch with OpenGL.

Kind Regards,
CrystaLMartin

8 minutes ago, [Mega Trans] CrystaL said:

Hello there,

It seems you aren't the only one having this issue.

This is likely to be caused by DX11. Since DX9 is not supported anymore by SCS, it automatically puts you into DX11 which has a lot of issues with TMP.
If you could change it to launch with OpenGL, that would be great.
To change it to OpenGL, please do the following: My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\config.cfg find r_device and change it from "dx11" to "gl"
OR launch singleplayer from Steam and select launch with OpenGL.

Kind Regards,
CrystaLMartin

Hi,

like I said I can't play the game with OpenGL because I only have 20-30 FPS in Singleplayer while everything is clear. In the Multiplayer it's even worse.

But anyways thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately I've tried it a few times already. ?

I can reinstall DX11, can't I? If yes, how do I do that? I mean it worked before but since christmas it crashes... Nothing has changed except of my new G29 and the Trucky Overlay (which I uninstalled recently). I've even tried to switch from LGS to GHub because there was a device error. After that the device error disappeared but it still kept crashing.

Hi,

I had this issue recently, but in my case it was because of overclocking my GPU. Make sure to set default settings, if you use MSI Afterburner.

I've also found someone on Reddit solving similar issue with DX

It’s fixed. If you are getting crashes on TruckersMP then you need to delete your config file in your directory and run an administrator cmd scan of “sfc /scannow”

But because you said your issue persists in singleplayer, I recommend you to create a topic about your issue on SCS Forum https://forum.scssoft.com/viewforum.php?f=8.

Regards,

//ASIR

• Thanks 1

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

Hey @ASIR [CZE],

like I said I've already created a topic and I'll try to delete the config, thanks. My GPU is not overclocked and I've never tried to overclock it. MSI Afterburner tells me the standard values for my GPU. And also it doesn't crash the whole time in the singleplayer, it was only one time when I created a new profile and tried to buy a truck.

Someone told me to change uset r_buffer_page_size "10" to "30" and I thought it works because I could drive to more than 1 hour. But after restarting the game and driving 5 minutes it crashes again. And like I said it's only the Scout, I didn't have this problem with a truck.

Newest game log:

game.log.txt

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Martin030 said:

Hi,

like I said I can't play the game with OpenGL because I only have 20-30 FPS in Singleplayer while everything is clear. In the Multiplayer it's even worse.

But anyways thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately I've tried it a few times already. ?

I can reinstall DX11, can't I? If yes, how do I do that? I mean it worked before but since christmas it crashes... Nothing has changed except of my new G29 and the Trucky Overlay (which I uninstalled recently). I've even tried to switch from LGS to GHub because there was a device error. After that the device error disappeared but it still kept crashing.

Look in youtube how to reinstall dx11

Update:

This time it's a completely different crash reason, look at the lines below:

Spoiler

[...]
02:43:27.576 : <ERROR> Trailer data is missing! Trying to use a fallback trailer!
02:43:27.650 : <ERROR> Suspicious wheel width on wheel no. 0, falling back to default value.
02:43:27.650 : <ERROR> Suspicious wheel width on wheel no. 1, falling back to default value.
02:43:27.650 : <ERROR> 'shadow_x_ori' nor 'shd_x_ori' locator not found in model '/vehicle/ai/caravan_ontour470ul/ai.pmd default default' which has valid extended shadow texture '/vehicle/ai/share/shadow_occlusion.tobj'
02:43:29.129 : <ERROR> Suspicious wheel width on wheel no. 0, falling back to default value.
02:43:29.129 : <ERROR> Suspicious wheel width on wheel no. 1, falling back to default value.
02:43:29.130 : <ERROR> 'shadow_x_ori' nor 'shd_x_ori' locator not found in model '/vehicle/ai/caravan_ontour470ul/ai.pmd default default' which has valid extended shadow texture '/vehicle/ai/share/shadow_occlusion.tobj'
02:43:38.995 : <ERROR> [dx11] Failed to create texture (/vehicle/ai/caravan_ontour470ul/color.tobj) (0x887a0005)

I could play for 2 hours and 43 minutes before it crashed. Last time I played for like 2 hours or something and it didn't crash, so maybe the error which I had before is fixed somehow because it isn't the same error like before, is it?

Kind regards,

Martin

Hello,

Since this topic has been 3 days without reply, I'll move this topic to Inactive.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

Thanks to all participation!

Yours Sincerely,
Crestune
TruckersMP Support

Hello there, ?

Due to this topic not wanting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.
If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Kind Regards,
Beenz.
TruckersMP Support

//Moved to Unsolved Topics

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️