Ashley's Bus Gallery

Ashley

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Optare Visionaire 1409 made an appearance today on the X3 route. It is extremely rare for this type of vehicle to appear on the X3, as it's not one of the routes ran by the depots they're based at.

This vehicle was covering for an E400MMC that sadly was defective.

spacer.png

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

Managed to escape from the land of Breezer buses which seem to be the norm for me, and went on loan to sister company Salisbury Reds today.

Optare Solo SR 3825 pictured on the early morning services, followed by Volvo B7 Plaxton President 1997. The final vehicle of the day, ADL E400MMC 1680.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

• 2 weeks later...

3687 (2687) X687 XJT, one of the original first low floor vehicles of its type to enter service in the country, and remained with its original owner since new, has recently been retired and fortunately preserved by some colleagues of mine.

spacer.png

status.png

• 2 weeks later...

Mothballed 2001 and 2010 parked as reserve vehicles in our Bournemouth Depot.

spacer.png

Scania Omnicity 1102 out last night covering for a heavily delayed ADL E400MMC on our route 13 between Bournemouth and Wimborne. It is seen on layover in Bournemouth with Volvo B7TL 1827 behind.

spacer.pngspacer.png

status.png

An E200MMC isn't everyone's cup of tea. For a modern vehicle, they're built ridiculously cheap, and the bangs and rattles are a testimony to that. The wheels are smaller than a standard size, making them more difficult to turn.

But, I love them. I'd quite happily drive them all day long.

spacer.png

status.png

Yesterday I managed to tick off driving ADL E400 1540, which is branded for our hourly X6 service on a morning school run.

spacer.png

Today, unexpectedly, I had the opportunity to drive ADL E400MMC 1672, which is our newest UniBus branded vehicle on an Open Day.

spacer.pngspacer.png

status.png

Today, I had the task of completing the morning run out, so rigged the running lines to take 1672s older sister, 1626 out this afternoon.

To anyone, they're identical, but they're actually marginally different shades of blue on the front.

The rest of the Unibus fleet all have different front end colours, but retain the similar purple backing.

spacer.png

status.png

• 2 weeks later...

UNIBUS branded ADL E400 1608 - nicknamed Fruit Salad for its unique livery on an early morning service to the University last week.

spacer.png

ADL E400MMC UNIBUS branded 1626 and 1631 out on late Uni runs tonight.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

status.png

Not usually one to post things here, but thought I'd add a couple of photos of my own that I took yesterday.

This is the (fairly) new Exeter Bus Station, which opened about 5 months ago. It's managed by Stagecoach who do not let any other operators use it! This gives a good idea of Stagecoach South West's fleet offering, with mostly ADL products on offer (with one Optare Solo parked down the bottom end). I personally arrived on little E200MMC 37442 in the centre.

20211211_102845.jpg 

Just before I left to do some shopping, I snapped 19002 heading out on the 57 service to Exmouth. This is one of the first E400s ever made, and only the third one delivered to Stagecoach. Older sister 19001 is also at Exeter, and is painted in a 1990s style livery to celebrate 25 years of Stagecoach running in Devon. Sadly, although being on the road yesterday, I didn't see it.

20211211_102829.jpg?width=894&height=670

Finally, I snapped older E200 37130 after dropping me home. 

20211211_151831.jpg

Archived