Ashley's Bus Gallery

Ashley

Yesterday saw me once again return to cover more Salisbury Reds work! Another day, another variety.

It started with 1993, a Volvo B7TL Plaxton President, which unfortunately due to delays and the fact it was a school service, I didn't manage to photo. The day then moved on to Optare Solo 3758, ADL Scania N230UD E400 1501, and then finally ADL Enviro 400 1597.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another day back in blue, before going back to red buses again tomorrow!

1101 was my designated schools vehicle today, operating the 441 service in the morning and then again in the afternoon, with 2260 in between schools on local town services.

spacer.pngspacer.png

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

Love it!

I'm not a bus driver (hope to be one day) but I've sure taken my fair share of bus photos as well!

I must ask - if you're able to share, of course - How do your shifts work in such a way that you get to steer three or four different buses in one day? Where I live drivers usually get two (one in an AM split and another in PM)!

Prime Logistics  |  Driver since July 2020

Perth, Western Australia ??

Self-proclaimed Transperth bus enthusiast

9 minutes ago, SquiddyFish said:

Love it!

I'm not a bus driver (hope to be one day) but I've sure taken my fair share of bus photos as well!

I must ask - if you're able to share, of course - How do your shifts work in such a way that you get to steer three or four different buses in one day? Where I live drivers usually get two (one in an AM split and another in PM)!

Don't hesitate, if you enjoy driving your car, you'll be fine!

So the way the duties work can vary company to company, but I'll explain it for how it works for us.

Each bus in the morning is allocated what is known as a 'running line' by the Supervisor. These can vary for different buses, some are required to be single deckers only, some must be low height double-deckers (13' 10" tall, as opposed to others that are 14' 3") and such and then you have some that can be whatever type of buses you have going spare.

The Supervisor in the morning will look at how all the buses are parked up and allocate them so they can all drive out the depot in a logical order.

Behind the scenes way before all of this, the scheduling department have to make up what we know as a 'duty card'. This tells the driver what they're doing on that particular day. For example; duty 0001 is different to 0002, because they can't both do the same run at the same time. There's a lot of duties per day.

When the scheduling team put together the contents of the 'duty card', they have to have a 'running line' assigned to it, which the Supervisors already know every day.

Dependant on when your breaks fall and what type of shift your actually on that day will vary what type and how many buses you drive. The most you generally drive in a day is three, but sometimes it can be two. It's very rare that you only drive one bus in a shift.

Obviously you'll always drive two or more because of when you have a break. If you only have an 8 hour shift for example, you'll drive one bus for the first half of the shift, then have your break, then take over the next one.

When you have school contracts and such, you may need to drive another bus because of capacity or seatbelts and such. They have specific requirements.

TL;DR - Scheduler says this bus does this run - Supervisor allocates bus - You drive the duty with whicheverb uses you're told to.

status.png

Historical Photos

As I am currently on four days off, I've dug out some old photos from last year when I was doing National Express work for more.

Here is a selection;

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

status.png

23 hours ago, Ashley said:

Don't hesitate, if you enjoy driving your car, you'll be fine!

TL;DR - Scheduler says this bus does this run - Supervisor allocates bus - You drive the duty with whicheverb uses you're told to.

Very interesting, thank you for the reply! Sounds like a lot of work for the supervisors every day, that's for sure.

Must be nice to have such variety in the fleet, too!

Prime Logistics  |  Driver since July 2020

Perth, Western Australia ??

Self-proclaimed Transperth bus enthusiast

Prior to commencing morning school runs this morning, myself and a colleague were parked up awaiting time.

Here is Scania Omnicity 1193 and Optare Visionaire 1407.

spacer.png

status.png

Might as well post the few I have; I'm not particularly fond of bus driving so I don't really take any photos of the job or the buses.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yeah, my bus got shot at by some idiots armed with an air rifle.

Yesterday and todays photos. more 2274 on route 70, which is a summer only service, and Ex London PVL 1943 on 60s.

Today saw 1133 operating an X7(R) to and from Southampton.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

status.png

It's been a varied and busy weekend for myself.

A sunny morning in the yard pictures 1705, 1701, 1711, 1106 and 1710.

spacer.png

1703 out and about on Breezer 40s.

spacer.png

1676, 1910 and 1677 pictured out on schools.

spacer.png

status.png

The perks to summer driving are nice, but it does mean that I rarely get to drive our Scania Omnicity's now as they're rarely ever allocated to our depot.

On this occasion, we have one (should be two) for school contracts as our MCV eVoSeti's are open top now.

1106 pictured prior to commencing morning schools.

spacer.png

status.png

First of all, love the pictures!

When I was very young (10-15 years old) I really really wanted to become a bus driver. Since, I grew apart from my obsession with busses (although I still love to play OMSI 2 every now and then) and persuade music.

But it never stops me from wondering how it actually is to drive those huge double-decker busses? I can imagine it can be a bit challenging at times if the road is not wide and in some other situations.

I really love maneuvering my car around tight spaces, sharp curves, steep hills, etc. and I like the challenge side of driving. So I can't help but wonder really how it is to drive such a big bus. If only there were a chance to try it, I'd (for sure) be the first one in line ?

TruckersMP driver

----------------------------------

Jonek1999

Discord: Jonek1999#2290

VTC: Alle Group

Archived