Allowance of new trailer combos in 1.39

Catonaut

Hello,

therefore the new ETS2 1.39 beta has just been released I guess some Admins and other players already had a look on all the changes. So my question is if the admins already have made some plans and/or decisions for the redesigned low bed trailers and how we will be able to use them? Like only as a single trailer (because of the length) or still the ability in an HCT combo or a triple trailer?

There is a possibility you won't be allowed to make any double or triple trailer with the new (semi)-low loaders, especially since you can extend them. And that makes full sence, those combinations are abit weird in the first place anyways..

However, I hope TMP will allow these trailers as a single version!

@Granite Those are not in the new 1.39 update. You're refering to the Special Transport DLC. And ST DLC won't be supported anytime soon, maybe even not at all, even if/when those trailers will become ownable as well.

@DubbelDraaiDeur They must be allowed for intended use, since these trailers replace old ones, you just won't be allowed to accept special transport with them, if they will be used for that too, which don't seems to be the case right now, but it may change- it's still only beta.

Special transport trailers are still there, listed as "tn_scs_lowbed" and "tn_scs_lowloader" in the trailer listing. True, you can't recreate every single one of these for ownable version, but some loads use identical trailer that you can build yourself, namely - Industrial Condenser, Huge Tyres, High-Tech Device for low beds and Service Boat for low loaders.

Similarly, in ATS special transport cargo is listed as "Lowboy Extendable trailer", which is a 9 axle trailer, same as what you can build, only with extended mid section for some loads, but some loads use it in fully contracted form (like what you are allowed to buy) - Haul Truck Chassis, Haul Truck Hull, Massive Tech Part and Large Reservoir Tank. One of the special transport loads - Huge Tyres- uses just a standard flatbed trailer with 4 axles.

The problem I was reffering to is placing special transport cargo (with matching collision box) on these trailers via save editing. I hope this will be addressed, I don't know what prevents doing so right now, since you can see some stupid things, like loco on a flatbed, or yacht on a log trailer, rules only state using special cargo trailers is not allowed, nothing about cargo models. Maybe nobody really wanted to risk getting banned, because all of the current trailers are too short for special cargo.

@Granite

Aha, haven't noticed they changed Special Transport trailers with the new ones as well.

Afaik, you'll get kicked as soon as you put a special transport cargo on a trailer.

The whole Special Transport DLC is blacklisted in tmp (the trailers and their cargo), and will cause a kick the second you bring those trailers in, or try to save edit a STDLC cargo on top of a non STDLC trailer.

I tried it before, with the pilot boat cargo on a 4 axle lowloader from heavy cargo DLC, and indeed, I did get kicked.

There's probably a workaround for this, as I remember a bunch of guys save editiing special transport into TMP and succeeding.

Point is, the STDLC trailers and their cargo will give you a kick if you try to use either of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there!

As the last reply to this topic is older than 2 weeks (14 days), I will go ahead and close this topic for further replies.

To keep our forum clean and manageable, we have to close old topics to prevent the forum sections to get "messy" or too full.

Thanks to everyone for contributing in this discussion! If you deem it necessary to keep discussing about this topic, feel free to open a new discussion. 

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to conact me via private message on the forum or on Discord.

//Archived due to inactivity

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------

Former 743469563_role_SupportManager.png.780765

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

Archived