Visibility further than 1500 meters?

Obsti

Visibility further than 500 meters?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you also be in favour of being able to set the visibility (viewdistance) to 3000 meters + at will?

• Yeah, 3,000 meters plus would be awesome!
    • No, for what?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/31/20 at 09:59 PM

Hi Community!

I'd like you to tell me what you think of the idea of turning up the range of vision at will?

Yes I am aware of some reasons why it is currently set so low. ( bad FPS, bad PC, CPU, other,... ).
But there are some with a good computer.

I only ask because I would like to make some ETS2 videos and that includes loading all my stuff in a bigger area ( looks better for the video ).

But maybe there is one or the other solution, I am not a developer who knows about this matter.

I am happy about your suggestions, votes and answers!

ConSec

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Human Resources

I don't really have a need for 3000+ metres so not really. I guess it makes sense to have larger viewing distances but over all I have no necessity for seeing so far into the distance. However, I can see some reasons for having a further viewing distance. I don't even know what mine is on right now to be honest. I have never had an issue with it or thought about it.  

It's not just your computer to determine.All players should have good computers and strong internet.So that all the problems are solved and this is not possible, these kinds of problems are happening. ( LAG, TELEPORT, DROP, .... )  :tmp:

19 minutes ago, Obsthändler [AUT] said:

I only ask because I would like to make some ETS2 videos and that includes loading all my stuff in a bigger area ( looks better for the video ).

Are you talking about singleplayer? I'm nut sure what you mean by loading all your 'stuff' (?mods?) into a 'bigger area'

If it is a singleplayer suggestion, head over to the official SCS forum and make a suggestion in the 'feature wishlist and suggestion' section.

The current range to where object spawn in on the map is good enough for me, I have that option set at max, and it's far enough of a view.

On the other hand, I would like more freedom in the slider to see other players a little bit earlier. The amount of times I get caught by a F1 racer doing 110 just as I enter an intersection... It's annoying when they spawn in all of a sudden doing 110 flying towards you, while you just turned on an intersection. Most of the time it's to late to back up, and in all of the time, the other guy doesn't give any or 2 brownies about slowing down or anticipating, and just goes straight towards you.

And yes, 99% of the time in said situation, i get yelled 'REC' or 'BAN' at, preferably a combination of the 2 followed with some sort of swear.

I don't know if this is possible from a game perspective tho

I don't really see a tremendous need for this; the view distance as it is already allows you to see far enough ahead to drive in a safe manner, which is more important within the scope of multiplayer than the game looking glamorous. Sure, we like the game to look good, but not at the expense of performance and consequent issues that this would cause for other players (avoidable collisions due to people ramping up their draw distance when they really can't afford to do it etc).

Pretty gaming should be reserved for the singleplayer game. TruckersMP should remain functional and doesn't need graphical gimmicks beyond what already exists.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

I voted yes because having the OPTION would be nice. However, I must warn you.... it doesn't matter how good your computer is, at some point with higher render distance you'd need to have sub-100 ping to the server (or even sub 80 ping) in order for the higher amount of player trucks syncing with the client to NOT cause drastically increased stutter as they come in and out of render range. This is something more affected by a combination of an individual's ping + server-side tick-rates than the quality of an individual's computer. I find it doubtful that TruckersMP is anywhere close to being able to afford a server that has suitable tick rates for that with 3,000+ players.... at 3000 meters you could be rendering several hundreds of trucks at once in some parts of the map at certain times. I'm not even sure it's possible to provide us a quality experience with that.

But hey I'd love to try, none-the-less

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

Hello there,

I don't personally understand why you would need a distance like that other than if you're a game moderator with the need for this or if you're in single player teleporting yourself around.

If there are 100+ people then you're going to experience some issues with the camera render distance.

Hope this helps :)

#happytrucking

Thanks

Smacky. (Zach)

TruckersMP Events Team

spacer.png

Need help? | Report a user | Appeal a ban | Request an eventFeedback | Want to join the team?

Current Status - spacer.png

14 hours ago, smackywacky_ said:

I don't personally understand why you would need a distance like that other than if you're a game moderator with the need for this or if you're in single player teleporting yourself around.

I intentionally started this discussion because there are many video producers in ETS2 as well as in ATS who wish to be able to set a higher arbitrary distance.
For the simple reason that you can make much much much cooler video recordings for convoys, events or similar when you see more and further.
Most video producers have a better PC anyway, they don't mind that so much.
ETS2 the engine, ingame, the ping from and to other players is more the problem if it will last.

Greetings from Vienna! :)

ConSec

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Human Resources

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @Obsthändler [AUT],

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived