Jump to content

Remove/Change the Scout's TSI Engine


Recommended Posts

Suggestion Name:

 

Remove/Change the Scout's TSI Engine

 

Suggestion Description:

 

This suggestion is to consider the removal or change of the Scout car's TSI engine.

 

Any example images:

 

N/A

 

Why should it be added?:

 

One of the largest complaints about the Scout car is the sound from the petrol TSI engine. When a Scout with the TSI engine passes other players, it is intrusively loud and obnoxious; so I propose two solutions:
 

  1. Change the sound of the TSI engine to that of the TDI engine until a more suitable sound can be used.
  2. Simply remove the TSI engine.

 

While the second solution might make more sense, I am aware that removing the TSI engine could introduce complications for players that own a Scout with a TSI engine installed.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I appreciate that I'm a little late to the party here, but I couldn't help but notice this one.

 

Bearing in mind that TMP is looking to make the transition towards 1.37 (featuring FMOD) during the month of June, you may find that the loud issue is actually fixed by the update anyway, meaning we won't have to go down this route to solve the issue.

 

Perhaps it's best to wait and see how the 1.37 change effects the Scout before proceeding with this.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PaddyJackson said:

I appreciate that I'm a little late to the party here, but I couldn't help but notice this one.

 

Bearing in mind that TMP is looking to make the transition towards 1.37 (featuring FMOD) during the month of June, you may find that the loud issue is actually fixed by the update anyway, meaning we won't have to go down this route to solve the issue.

 

Perhaps it's best to wait and see how the 1.37 change effects the Scout before proceeding with this.

The TSI engine is the TDI engine with a pitch increase to make the rpm sound higher ( both engines rev to 5000 rpm which is wrong ) 

  • True Story 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

The TSI engine is the TDI engine with a pitch increase to make the rpm sound higher ( both engines rev to 5000 rpm which is wrong ) 

While this is a technical flaw within the scope of each individual engine's capability, I don't think most people would notice nor care about that specific detail. Indeed, the only time I've made use of the Scout car was when it originally came out, whereby I tested it out, thought "ok cool" and left it at that. The majority of people come here to drive the trucks, so I doubt many people will be overly pedantic about the throttle capabilities of each car engine.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PaddyJackson said:

While this is a technical flaw within the scope of each individual engine's capability, I don't think most people would notice nor care about that specific detail. Indeed, the only time I've made use of the Scout car was when it originally came out, whereby I tested it out, thought "ok cool" and left it at that. The majority of people come here to drive the trucks, so I doubt many people will be overly pedantic about the throttle capabilities of each car engine.

A technical flaw that probably tells you why its so loud....You could almost say the TSI sounds like a 2 stroke diesel ( think detroit diesel ) 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

With the recent FMOD implementation, perhaps a change will be made to the sound system of the Scout cars? I personally prefer the sound of the TSI over the TDI, so there's that 😅

 

But so far I've noticed that the engine noises have decreased in volume when one of those cars drives past me, also it might just be me but I feel that in lower rpms, the car sounds different as compared to before.

        1722180197_NewProject(1).jpg.566f8824cbf1d220a72f729203a28980.jpg    

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The TSI engine is just the TDI sound with a pitch increase to make it sound like a petrol engine, its poorly done to the point you can hear the clipping in the loop as it idles etc....The Skoda as a whole is a poor mod because ultimately it was never intended to be anything other than a way to stand out for Admins! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

TSI motoru, benzinli bir motor gibi ses çıkarması için ses perdesi artışına sahip TDI sesidir, rölantide kesilmeyi duyabileceğiniz noktaya kadar zayıf bir şekilde yapılır vb. Skoda bir bütün olarak kötü mod çünkü sonuçta asla Yöneticiler için öne çıkmanın bir yolundan başka bir şey olması amaçlanmadı! 

I support what you're saying  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...